Treat Digestive Disorders Consuming Garlic
Edited by abdoul sow, Robbi, Lynn, Pia Marie Villamante
Garlic is a perennial plant, and like lavender, is part of the Lamiaceae family. Originally from Japan, China, the United States and Korea, this plant produces large purple flowers and has leaves resembling those of nettles. Garlic is known for its qualities in the kitchen, but also in herbal medicine, particularly to treat digestive and intestinal problems.
Common Digestive Problems
- 2Ulcer is a sore on the intestines which is caused by a break in the skin which is painful to the stomach.Ulcer.Advertisement
- 3Crohn's Disease is a common inflammatory bowel disease which is associated with ulcer.Crohn's Disease.
- 4GERD also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease is caused by stomach acid going up to the esophagus from the stomach.GERD.
- 5IBS also known as irritable bowel syndrome is a condition which involves diarrhea or constipation as it is caused by stress, anxiety or frustration.IBS.
- 6Celiac disease is having difficulty with digesting food in which the intestine is hypersensitive to gluten.Celiac disease.
- 7Gastroparesis mostly happens to a lot of women. This condition slows down the stomach in emptying its content.Gastroparesis.
Benefits of Garlic
Garlic could be used to treat many kinds of disorders, not only digestive disorders. Here are some examples.
- 1This is a very popular plant in Chinese medicine, where it is used as tea.Its powerful aniseed scent may deter those who do not like it, but it is through this that the Agastache is proving so effective in the fight against digestive disorders.Advertisement
- 2It is recommended in cases of gastroenteritis, but also after a meal that has caused impaired digestion leading to very unpleasant side effects, like nausea and acid reflux .Garlic can help combat nausea and vomiting, regardless of their origins.
- 3In this case, it is issued in the form of tablets or capsules to buy in pharmacies. This formula is actually much more convenient.Garlic is also used to fight against sickness.
- 4In these cases, it can be taken as teas, but also in capsules if symptoms are chronic.Garlic can also act positively to promote blood circulation and aid digestive system and the urinary system.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Treat Digestive Disorders Consuming Garlic. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Treat_Digestive_Disorders_Consuming_Garlic
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Treat Digestive Disorders Consuming Garlic." VisiHow, visihow.com/Treat_Digestive_Disorders_Consuming_Garlic Accessed 23 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Treat Digestive Disorders Consuming Garlic." Accessed Jun 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Treat_Digestive_Disorders_Consuming_Garlic.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Lynn, Robbi, abdoul sow