Treat Diarrhea Using Raspberry Leaf
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Eng, Lynn
Cheesecakes are delicious when combined or topped with raspberries. The sweet, tart flavor blends well with the creamy, indulgent cheesecake that almost everybody loves. Raspberries are attractive fruits. They are vibrant and textured. Who wouldn't want to dive into a bowl of raspberries? This fruit isn't only known for its flavor and beauty. It is also known to be a natural, organic treatment for all sorts of health issues such as diarrhea. It may be true that prescription medications are available on the market today, but many consumers still prefer using remedies that do not have terrible side effects. Raspberry leaves bring forth the natural solution to diarrhea. You just have to know how to use it.
The digestive disorder called diarrhea is the increased frequency in the movement of your bowel. It is also a reduction in the firm formation of stool. The following conditions are known to accompany diarrhea:
- 1Stool incontinence.This is the inability to delay or control bowel movements until you can have access to a toilet.Advertisement
- 2Urgency in defecation.This is when a very sudden urge to eliminate is so strong that if there is no toilet available, incontinence will occur.Advertisement
- 3Incomplete defecation.This is a sensation that a bowel movement is urgently needed after the one that has just finished. The second time the stool is passed, there is more difficulty and straining.
- 4Urge to have a bowel movement right after eating a meal.
Diarrhea can be a debilitating and life-threatening condition. You can't go about your daily activities because you are always in search of a bathroom. You have trouble concentrating because you have abdominal cramping and you are very uncomfortable. You experience generalized weakness so you lack the energy to do things. Your body also doesn't keep food and liquids down, so you becomes susceptible to other infections. Valuable nutrients are not absorbed properly and this should be stopped. The symptoms of diarrhea and the causes of it should be eliminated, so that your body can return to its normal state.
Raspberry leaves: The natural diarrhea treatment
Many people who suffer from diarrhea prefer to deal with it the natural way. This is where raspberry leaves enter the picture. Raspberries are members of the rose family. Rose hips are essentially rich in ascorbic acid or vitamin C. Raspberries are too. Raspberries are found in parts of Asia and North America. Native Americans acknowledge raspberry leaves as natural medicine for women. The ancient Greeks also believed in the healing powers of raspberry leaves. They used it on women's health issues and for digestive disorders such as dysentery and diarrhea.
Benefits raspberries can give you
Raspberry leaves can take care of digestive problems such as stomach upset and diarrhea. The high amount of tannins in raspberry leaves provide an astringent effect on the walls of the digestive tract. This strongly helps the constant irritation caused by your diarrhea. To make sure that you have such a high amount of tannins, you have to prepare raspberry leaf tea.
- 1Edible and delicious.Raspberries and their roots and leaves are edible. The berries are used for medicine preparation and desserts. The leaves and the roots are sources of the highest amounts of nutrients from the plant.Advertisement
- 2Rich in minerals.Women need the given nutrients every day so that they can maintain their good health. Raspberries are rich in niacin, manganese, calcium, and iron. Manganese contributes to the production of cartilage and bones. It also helps improve your metabolism.
- 3Rich in vitamins.Raspberries are also filled with vitamins K, E, C, B, and A. These vitamins are needed for a woman's possible pregnancy. Fragrine in the leaves helps women in nourishing and toning their pelvis.
How to prepare raspberry leaf tea
Folk medicine introduced the raspberry leaf tea as a means to have blood purification, wound treatment, menstrual cramp relief, and improved bile flow. It is also taken to be rid of stomach upset, remove symptoms of tonsillitis and flu, nausea, acne, sagging skin, vomiting, inflammation, sore throats, irritation of the oral cavity, and weak gums. Raspberry leaf tea contains calcium, potassium, vitamin C, phosphorous, and vitamin A. It is always best to keep dried, crushed raspberry leaves at home. Below is a recipe that will help you be rid of diarrhea:
- 1What you need:
- 2 oz. of dried raspberry leaves
- 1 ½ oz. of peppermint
- 2How to make it:
- Get dried (or fresh) raspberry leaves. You could gather fresh leaves during midsummer when the leaves have berries. Make sure that your leaves are not wilted because the compound in wilted leaves can stop blood clotting.
- Get a tea diffuser for dried leaves. Fill it half full with your dried leaves or 2-3 fresh raspberry leaves. See to it that you fold the fresh leaves. Place the leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Steep for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the leaves are steeped, strain them.
- Add honey or artificial sweetener to taste. It's a bit bitter.
- Make sure to drink six cups of the mixture every day.
(This concoction is for you if your diarrhea is brought about by anxiety or stress.)
- Make sure to see your doctor first before you take any herbal treatment.
- If your diarrhea doesn't go away after six cups of raspberry leaf tea, then seek medical help.
- Hydrate yourself and eat foods that are high in fiber.
- Make sure that you have easy access to your bathroom.
- Perform relaxation techniques.
Questions and Answers
Just wanted to thank you for this article?
I have a huge raspberry patch in my yard - never heard of using the leaves - we just eat the berries. I had a spinal injury almost 30 years ago - which left me with much nerve damage and paralysis. As I am getting older (57) I now have great trouble with motility and the dreaded uncontrollable diarrhea. I'm not into taking drugs as the side effects are almost ALWAYS more trouble so very glad to have found this on raspberries - which like I said I have in abundance - now that its summer AND I have a dehydrator so I will dry some for winter. Thank you Babybearmian - lets hope this helps me cause it is a problem that is NOT FUN. I have tried: Everything. I think it was caused by: I eat mainly veggies which just seem to go right through me - I do not want to stop eating veggies - just need to slow down the digestion or firm it all up!
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Treat Diarrhea Using Raspberry Leaf. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Treat_Diarrhea_Using_Raspberry_Leaf
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Treat Diarrhea Using Raspberry Leaf." VisiHow, visihow.com/Treat_Diarrhea_Using_Raspberry_Leaf Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Treat Diarrhea Using Raspberry Leaf." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Treat_Diarrhea_Using_Raspberry_Leaf.
Categories : Red Raspberry Leaf Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Eng, Mian Sheilette Ong