Treat Breast Discomfort in 3 Ways
Edited by Witz Taluban, Graeme
Women are precious creatures they are God's most lovely creations. They herald and represent beauty at the highest level. Being a woman is not that easy. Granted that you are a woman you certainly would undergo a lot of changes and by mentioning the word "a lot" its means so much more. Particularly women undergo certain "changes" or "stages" in life. An example might be you as a woman entering the stage of puberty. Puberty is a stage where in girls transition and morph into lady like physique or structure and make them viable for fertility and reproduction. They begin to produce egg cells which are candidates for fertilization. Menstruation, this change or stage usually starts at puberty and stops at pregnancy or breast feeding stages. Menstruation is a change/stage where in the female experience blood discharges which are signs of ovulation. Menstruation usually takes on periodic cycles which occur monthly and lastly for about a week or certain number of days. Moving on, pregnancy a stage where in a newborn is in development inside a female's womb which in a later time(post pregnancy) would bear or labor a child. Menopause, a stage where in it marks the end of fertility and menstruation. These stages or changes have one thing in common though. It is the presence of hormonal changes. These hormonal changes wildly contribute to breast discomfort. More so, women play an important role in our society. Without women how do the human race could possibly reproduce? How do we bring about the balance that is needed in a society. Human reproduction and procreation are the processes which are crucial for human race continuation. Now, that we opened up the topic regarding reproduction and procreation, women usually make up and usually complete the process. Men only comprise ten percent of the reproduction and procreation process. Women endure the ninety percent of it which would be the "pregnancy" stage. After the conception of the child or possibly the first born, nurturing the child through breast feeding would be essential. Again breast discomfort would come into play in here particularly women may experience the specific feeling of "Breast feeding discomfort". Women's breasts are as delicate as they can be. Women need to take care of there bosoms to ensure a healthy body and possibly feed their offspring in the most efficient manner. Whether your a husband who wants to help his wife battle breast discomfort or a woman who wants to be guarded and be informed on a topic regarding breasts and breast discomforts. This guide is just fit for you!
- 1Get a bra with a supportive function. These supportive bra may relieve breast discomfort caused by hormonal changes or fluctuations. A bra with a good support is not bad usually a bra which is intended for women athletes are good choice. Why get a supportive bra? Usually hormonal changes make your breasts tender and swell with watery fluids inside, a supportive bra would ensure breast comfort and support. Cosmetics which contain outright herbal ingredients are a candidate for avoidance as it could induce undesired effects similar to estrogen. In particular ginseng, lavender and other herbal ingredients mixed into cosmetics or even remedies should be avoided for the mean time.Bras and cosmetics.Advertisement
- 2At specific times women fall prey to fluid retention which is the overbuild up of fluid into our system. Reducing and even temporarily shunning the intake of salt or salty foods would definitely decrease the chances of fluid retention. Reducing caffeine intake and probably avoiding products which may contain caffeine would largely alleviate breast discomfort.Salts and caffeine.Advertisement
- 3A combination of heating pads and ice packs application should largely help in breast discomfort. Consider alternating the heating pad after application on the pain driven area of the breasts for a duration of twenty five(25) to thirty(30) minutes and alternate through the ice pack for a duration of eight(8) to ten(10) minutes. Repeat it for few times until you feel slight to and ton of relief. Pain relievers are a way to go if you are looking for a quick way to ease the pain. Ibuprofen, Aspirin or acetaminophen can greatly diminish the pain plagued breasts.Heating pads ,ice packs and pain relievers.
When To Seek Medical Assistance
It is quite true that breast discomfort could be outwardly treated in the comfort of your home. But be wary if there are tell-tale signs of the following.
- 1Swelling or redness of a single side of the breast.Advertisement
- 2Sudden irregularity of your breast self examination.
- 3Please note that Breasts which lactates do at times excrete yellow or whitish discharge for about a year after breast feeding is stopped.Secretion or discharge of on a single breast.
- 4An occurring lump or firmness on the side or any part of the breast.
Self-examination of your breasts should be done on a monthly basis. Ask for medical guidance regarding self-examination of breasts.It would be a surefire way to check if there are signs of breast cancer lingering. The optimal time for self-examination would be a week after your menstrual period has occurred.
Breast Feeding Discomfort
More often than not breasts are tools for child nurturing. Child nurturing of course is readily achieved through breast feeding. Breast feeding triggers the so-called connection between the mother and child. It creates an unbreakable bond that no one could ever surpass. Imagine a situation where in you are a mother of a newborn. Imagine yourself, seeing your offspring. His/her eyes meeting yours. Pulling yourself closer and closer to your offspring. You notice that your offspring needs some nutrition. You reach for your bosom and feed your beloved baby. After some time you enjoy the feeling, the connection, the love given and the joy of nurturing your baby. But, after feeding for a couple of times you begin to feel a slight discomfort a warm, prickling feeling. Your nipples start to feel swollen, somewhat appear reddened, and showing signs of a sore. Moreover, your nipples appear to be cracked and have signs of bleeding. In some cases, your breast milk would flow out of control or even flow the least when you most needed it to feed your baby. Breast feeding discomfort would be the coined term for the following signs and symptoms.
Ways to Shun Breast feeding discomfort
- 1There is a correct position for breast feeding usually the position is for the baby to be as close as it could get and then its mouth opened wide. The baby's mouth should target the dark part of the nipple not the nipple itself.Correct baby positioning.
- 2Use props such as pillow to elevate the baby's head.Props and pillows.
- 3Ensure to be not too excited on breast feeding and go slow on your first experience. As soon as the milk pours through let your offspring nurse through for the next twelve(12) to twenty four(24) hour time.Breast feeding timing and nursing.
- 4Resist the temptation to use the breast pumps. It is only advisable to use them when you are not readily available to feed the baby using your breasts even if your away.Pump evasion.
- 5Expose your nipples to the air would make the nipples hard and tough and prevent breast feeding discomfort.Toughen the nipple.
- 6You can do warm showers for relief. You could also apply a warm towel and place it on the sides of your breast. You could also try applying ice packs for further relief.Warm and cold treatment.
- 7Tea bags placed directly on your nipples would ensure relief. A particular ingredient that is optimal for tea bag application would be black tea. Massaging the nipples with cubes of ice would relieve the pain and provide immediate relief.Tea and Massage.
- 8Purchase supportive bras which will diminish extra trauma to your already swollen breast. You could try nursing with the fullest breast or the one with the most milk. Feed the baby for a bout five(5) minutes then let him burp then switch to the other side. This would balance out the weight and at the same time juggle the pressure produced by breast feeding.Bras, Burp and switch.
Treat Your Breast Infections
Following breast feeding discomfort, breast infections may occur because of the cracked and bleeding nipples which leaves an opening for bacteria to enter your body. Simple guidelines for treatment of breast infections.
- 1This may sound like some insane and lunatic advice but continuous nursing with the infected breast would help heal the infected breast.Nurse,Nurse,Nurse.
- 2Use a clean towel and soak it up on lukewarm water. After that massage gently and evenly on the infected area.Surround with Heat.
- 3Of course a good way to let infections heal is a timely bed rest. It lets your body heal naturallyBed rests.
Additional Culprits of Breast Discomfort
- 1Leave this predicament to a medical expert.Yeast infections.
- 2This could be characterized by hard tight lumps that appear and could be felt on the breasts which has a fleshy part. It would be also very smooth and tender but would usually be followed by a fever afterwards. To relieve pain from clogged ducts. Grab and soak a bath towel in lukewarm water and then apply on affected area. Let your baby nurse the affected breasts and lightly massage the breast on the sides to unclog the ducts.Clogged ducts.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Treat Breast Discomfort in 3 Ways. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Treat_Breast_Discomfort_in_3_Ways
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Treat Breast Discomfort in 3 Ways." VisiHow, visihow.com/Treat_Breast_Discomfort_in_3_Ways Accessed 29 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Treat Breast Discomfort in 3 Ways." Accessed Apr 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Treat_Breast_Discomfort_in_3_Ways.