Transfer Itunes Library to an External Hard Drive
Edited by Eman, Charmed, Dougie-1, Rob
It's possible that your iTunes library will become so large that there won't be room for much else on your PC's storage. The good news is that you can easily transfer your iTunes library to another drive, or even to an external hard drive. To do this, you just need to use a third party software, it is called copytrans tuneswift. In this article you will learn how to transfer your iTunes library to your external hard drive.
- 1http://www.copytrans.net/copytranstuneswift.phpDownload copytrans tuneswift here:Advertisement
- 2Open Copytrans tuneswiftAdvertisement
- 3From the main CopyTrans TuneSwift window click on "Transfer".
- 4Select PC Windows
- 5Next, decide where you want to move your files, and click on either "New folder/drive on this computer" or "External hard drive," depending on your choice.
- 6Then select the desired directory and click OK.From next page that opens, click on the "Browse" button.
- 7Next, click on "Start Transfer".
- 8After the transfer process is complete, your iTunes library will successfully transfer to the new location.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- There is a difference between transferring your iTunes library to a new PC, or simply transferring iTunes to a new internal or external hard drive. In the prior case, TuneSwift will make a copy of your iTunes library and save it, so you can restore the library to a new PC. In the latter case, to which the present article refers, your iTunes library will be literary moved from its original location to the new location on the new system hard drive or the external HDD. This means that, after the transfer, your iTunes library will no longer be found in its original location.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Transfer Itunes Library to an External Hard Drive. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Transfer_Itunes_Library_to_an_External_Hard_Drive
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Transfer Itunes Library to an External Hard Drive." VisiHow, visihow.com/Transfer_Itunes_Library_to_an_External_Hard_Drive Accessed 25 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Transfer Itunes Library to an External Hard Drive." Accessed Apr 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Transfer_Itunes_Library_to_an_External_Hard_Drive.
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: Dougie-1, Charmed, Eman