Transfer Files from Your PC to an Android Device Using Qr Codes
Edited by Michael J., Anonymous, Lynn, Dougie and 2 others
If you happen to regularly transfer files from your PC to your Android device through WiFi, then the qrSend application could make your life a little bit easier. This new app comes in two versions, one for PC and one for an Android-based mobile device. The PC version is designed to allow you to translate computer files into their corresponding QR code representation. The mobile version lets you scan that QR code using your mobile device's camera in order to start the file transfer from PC to the mobile device.
This tool will save you from the hassle of the drag-and-drop method, which is the common process for transferring files between PC and mobile devices. It is seamless and easy. And here are the steps to do it.
- 1Download the qrSend app from the Google Play store and install it on your Android device.Advertisement
- 2Download the qrSend app for Windows and install it on your PC .The app is also available for OSX and Linux-based computers. The qrSend application does not have any graphical user interface. Once the installation is finished, the qrSend just adds a new shell extension to the right-click context menu of your Windows operating system.Advertisement
- 3Right-click on the file you wish to send to your Android device.
- 4Click the "Send with qrSend" option.A QR code should be generated and displayed on your computer screen.
- 5Open the qrSend app on your Android device.
- 6Tap the "Upload" button located at the top of the screen.If the app prompts you to install barcode scanner, tap 'Yes" and the app will automatically download it.
- 7Scan the QR code of the computer file by using your Android device's camera.
- 8That's it, the file transfer should now automatically begin.
- 9You can access the file directly from the qrSend interface on your Android device by tapping the eye button next to the file.
- 10You can also set a different download folder for the transferred files by tapping the wrench icon on the upper-right portion of the qrSend interface.
Questions and Answers
Sports teams are using mobile entry more and more?
I would like to know if there is a way to transfer QR codes from phone to computer back to phone for tickets to games. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Not sure
Yes, you can. There are numerous ways to do that. Let us list the top three.
- 1Scan the QR code with your mobile device.Advertisement
- 2Copy the link from your browser and send an email with it to your computer.
- 3Send the email back to your mobile device when needed.
- 1Scan the QR code with your mobile device.
- 2Take a picture of the QR code.
- 3Send the image to your computer (via email or USB).
- 4Scan the QR code by uploading it online to Online QR Code Decoder.You can also just show the URL to that service on your PC.
- 5You can send the QR code back by sending the picture back to the smartphone.
- 6Than, you can scan your QR-code image on your Android smartphone by using QR Droid Code Scanner.
- 1Scan the QR code on your computer by using a Web camera.You can use any QR recognition software like ScanQR Chrome plug-in.
- 2You can take a picture with the Web camera to send it to the smartphone.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: casiago, Dougie, Lynn
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 3,002 times.