Transfer Files from Galaxy S4's Internal Memory to a Micro Sd Card
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Trendalia, Rahmatullah and 19 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Transfer files from Galaxy S4's internal memory to an external memory
- 3 Move applications from Galaxy S4's internal memory to an external memory
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 I have a broken Galaxy S4. I can't see the screen. I need to transfer my contacts and pictures from internal storage (not stored on SD card and no Google account) to new my S4 phone?
- 4.2 S4 suddenly stopped charging and stopped recognizing charger?
- 4.3 How do I move applications to my microSD card on a Galaxy 3?
- 4.4 Photos on SD card not visible in gallery?
- 4.5 Hello, I need help transferring things on my SD card to another SD card?
- 4.6 I have bought a Galaxy S5 without SIM?
- 4.7 Can I save my files even with a broken LCD?
- 4.8 Can you please help me on how to disable the apps that forwarded my phone calls and SMS to a different person?
- 4.9 I just want to have it set up in a way that I don't have to do it every time?
- 4.10 Do you know a way which works on the system program called MIUI?
- 4.11 Hi; I followed the onscreen directions and it worked perfectly the first time! This is a novel experience for me. Many, many thanks
- 4.12 How come when I click images, the only folder I can see is "Facebook"? I have multiple albums aside from my Facebook photos?
- 4.13 I know how to do this already?
- 4.14 I went to settings and clicked on more and went to application manager?
- 4.15 How do I move or transfer pictures or videos from my Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 to sdcard?
- 5 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
Samsung Galaxy S4 has a generous amount of storage. With at least 16GB, about 9GB usable, of internal memory, you will have a lot of space available for your multimedia files, applications, and other data. With continuous use, you will soon notice that you will run out of space on your Galaxy S4. This happens because your photos accumulate, videos pile up and applications and their cache are increasing. Good thing that your device also supports an external memory card up to 64GB. This means more space for your files and other important files. Follow the procedures below to learn how to transfer files from your Galaxy S4's internal memory to your microSD card.
Transfer files from Galaxy S4's internal memory to an external memory
To transfer images, videos, music, and other files from your S4's internal memory to your micro-SD card follow the procedure below:
- 4You can choose "All files" to open your phone's internal and external memory or choose "Images", "Videos", or "Music" by tapping on the appropriate options. You can also opt to view all documents by tapping on "Documents". For this article, tap on "Images" to choose the image files (pictures) that you want to move to your memory card.Choose and tap on the type of file that you want to transfer.
- 10Keep in mind that videos and pictures normally go into the DCIM/Camera folder.Choose the location where you want to move the selected multi-media files and tap on "Move here".
- 11You will now see that the selected files have been transferred to the desired location on the SD card.
Move applications from Galaxy S4's internal memory to an external memory
Some application on your Galaxy S4 can be moved from your phone's internal memory to your micro-SD card. This will free more space on your phone for other important data. To move applications from your phone's memory to an external memory, follow these:
- Note: You can use other third party applications to make life easier for you. You can download and install the following applications on your Galaxy S4. Some applications require root while others do not.
- Apgar III (App 2 SD)
- Apps 2 SD (Move app 2 sd)
Questions and Answers
I have a broken Galaxy S4. I can't see the screen. I need to transfer my contacts and pictures from internal storage (not stored on SD card and no Google account) to new my S4 phone?
If the phone still turns on (you can feel vibrations and hear sounds), then download Samsung Kies to your computer and plug the broken S4 in. After you've transferred your photos and contacts from the old phone to Kies, plug your new phone into your computer and you'll be able to transfer your files.
See more questions like this: How do I transfer my photos from my broken phone to my new phone
S4 suddenly stopped charging and stopped recognizing charger?
So up till 15 min ago, my 10 month old un-rooted not damaged Samsung S4 was working fine. Then as I connected it to the charger because the battery was low, it stopped recognizing the charger and would not charge, I checked it on several USB chargers and wall mount traditional ones and my PC but it just would not recognize. Then a message appeared saying "dock connected" and then it disappeared and a new message came "HDMI connected" that's when I switched it off to restart it. Suddenly, the screen went black and an Android man popped up saying Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target. I waited a few minutes and then did a battery pull and its not been charging since and the Dock and HDMI messages keep repeating! What should I do! This is some serious problem, as the phone started to register inputs that are not occurring: HDMI port, USB, the volume buttons, and the power button seem to register something that does not happen to them. You can pull the battery out for 10 minutes, put it back, and attempt the phone recovery, which may cause data loss. To enter the recovery mode, press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons simultaneously. If you see the recovery menu, release the buttons. Select "wipe data/factory reset". Use the volume buttons to highlight items, and then use the power button to select them. Confirm your selection with "Yes -- delete all user data" and "reboot system now". If you cannot reach the recovery menu or your phone still acts the same, then you will need to bring your S4 to a Samsung service center.
How do I move applications to my microSD card on a Galaxy 3?
My phone charger connection doesn't work and I'm attempting to backup my files and applications to my SD card before resetting phone to factory settings and mailing to company to receive my new phone Moving your apps to the SD card can be very helpful. This is because your phone storage will be freed up, and as a result, your Galaxy S3 will work faster. In your case, while hard resetting your device, you don't need to worry as much about losing your apps. You can move your apps to the external SD card by following the steps below on your phone:
- 1On your home screen, tap on the 'Apps' icon.
- 2Go to 'Settings'.
- 3Tap on the 'More...' tab, on the top right side of your phone screen.
- 4Touch the 'Application manager' option, under the 'System manager' section.
- 5Now from the applications list, tap on the app you want to move.
- 6On the app page, touch the 'Move to SD card' option.
- 7This app is now moved to your SD card.
- 8The procedure for other apps is same.
You can learn more about managing your phone storage by reading the main guide. You can get there by clicking on the title of this Q&A page, or the link below the article summary. If you need help hard resetting your phone, let us know in the Q&A section below.
See more questions like this: My installed applications has the Move to SD card greyed out
Photos on SD card not visible in gallery?
I moved a lot of photos from my phone's memory to the microSD and I could still view them in my gallery. Then I unmounted the SD and reinstalled it but now I can't see any of my photos in the gallery. I've been into my files and can see them on the card but want to see them in my gallery again. How can I do this? It is a bug in the system when Media Storage is not scanning your card. To fix it, please back up your microSD card by copying all of the contents onto your computer first. After you have performed this, try the method below:
- 1Tap on the menu button.
- 2Tap on "Settings" in the pop-up menu.
- 3Tap on "More".
- 4Tap on Application Manager.
- 5Swipe left or right to "All".
- 6Scroll down and tap on "Media Storage".
- 7Tap on "Clear cache".
- 8Tap on "Clear data".
- 9Confirm the action by tapping on "OK".
- 10Tap on "Clear defaults".
- 11Tap on "Force stop".
- 12Reboot the device.
- 13You can do it by tapping on the menu button > "Settings" > "More" > "Application Manager" > "All".Go to "Media Storage" again.
- 14(Optional) tap on "Enable" in "Media Storage" if the button shows "Enable".
- 15Wait for 10 minutes.
If this does not help, then you might need to hard-reset your device.
See more questions like this: Do I hit DCIM or LOST.DIR or Android when moving photos to SD card?
Hello, I need help transferring things on my SD card to another SD card?
How to transfer things from one SD card to another SD card The easiest method involves your computer having an SD card reader. You may need an SD card adapter in order to fit your SD cards into one of the slots of the card reader. Then, open File Explorer/My Computer (PC) or Finder (Mac), create a new folder and copy all of the contents of the SD card into the folder. Then, unmount the SD card from the card reader and insert a new empty card (with an adapter, if necessary). Format it if needed and move or copy the files from the folder on your computer onto the new SD card.
I have bought a Galaxy S5 without SIM?
I wish to transfer all my data and apps from my current S4 to the S5. I have an SD card in my S4. Can I simply move everything on the S4 to the SD card and then plug the SD card and S4 SIM into the s5e? Give a detailed answer.l VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Can I save my files even with a broken LCD?
Today I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. It is completely unresponsive now although the phone still turns on. I'm positive the LCD is broken because the image is ruined. Anyway, I plan on just getting a new phone instead of getting it repaired but I wasn't sure if there was any possible way for me to somehow transfer my music and photos somewhere else before replacing the phone. Is there anything I can do to successfully keep my beloved pictures and music even though I can't go to my settings because my screen is ruined? Should I just opt to get it fixed so that I can keep them?. I have tried: I tried plugging the phone into my computer via USB, but it does nothing because the screen is broken. In the top right corner of the phone, I can see that it is on my lock screen. (Phone doesn't have a lock on it, all I need to do is to slide a finger across the screen.) Once again the screen is unresponsive and when I try to slide to unlock it the image on the screen shifts and sort of has a tremor but that's about it. I think it was caused by: I dropped the phone and broke the screen. VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Can you please help me on how to disable the apps that forwarded my phone calls and SMS to a different person?
My phone calls and text messages are forwarded to my friend. Is it possible? I mean is there really an app that can do that? This is possible. It is most likely that there is a spy application that is hidden from sight, and the best solution to get rid of spy applications is to hard-reset your phone. This means that all of the data will be erased except for the SD card data. To proceed, remove your SD card from the phone. Turn the phone off by pressing and holding the power button. Wait until it's off. Press and hold the volume up and the home buttons, Then, without releasing the buttons, press and hold the power button as well. Release these three buttons when you can see "Recovery mode" on the screen. Navigate the menu items by pressing the volume up and volume down buttons. Use the power button to select items. You need to select "wipe data factory reset", confirm the action, and reboot the device. This is the most complete method to eradicate viruses or spyware software on your phone.
I just want to have it set up in a way that I don't have to do it every time?
Meaning, that every time that I take a picture it will send it automatically to my memory card You can do that if you are using the native Camera application. Other third-party applications may or may not allow this. The steps on how to do that are below.
- 1Open the Camera application.
- 2Press the menu button.
- 3Tap on "Settings" in the pop-up menu.
- 4Tap on the gear-shaped settings icon.
- 5Tap on "Storage".
- 6Tap on "Memory Card".Advertisement
Do you know a way which works on the system program called MIUI?
There doesn't seem to be an option to "move" to another location, and also can you help me with music? I moved music onto my microSD card but my phone can't detect it. VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Hi; I followed the onscreen directions and it worked perfectly the first time! This is a novel experience for me. Many, many thanks
See above and once again, many thanks You are most welcome! Please be sure to take a look at our other VisiHow articles!
How come when I click images, the only folder I can see is "Facebook"? I have multiple albums aside from my Facebook photos?
I follow the tutorial, my files>images> where my only option is the Facebook folder (AKA local storage>device storage>DCIM). How come I don't have the ability to move all the rest of my photos that are not within the Facebook folder, thank you VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
I know how to do this already?
I don't need any help at the moment. Thank you for the offer, though. I have tried: Everything. I think it was caused by: Nothing VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
I went to settings and clicked on more and went to application manager?
But the apps I want to move downloaded by me are dropbox,divine pearls,axis mobile etc.when I click on the app and the page opens but the move to SD card space is blanked out so cannot click on that to send that app to SD card,have done some but some cannot be moved as the space is there but cannot be clicked to move,. I want to say that the move to SD card space is blanked out so cannot click on that to move the app. I have tried: I went to settings,clicked on more then application manager and came to downloaded apps. but where the move to SD card is that is blanked out so cannot click to move the apps. I think it was caused by: Can't think of what the problem could be.why will that app downloaded by me not shift ?if I knew would not be writing to you.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How do I move or transfer pictures or videos from my Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 to sdcard?
In order to reduce load in internal storage from receiving videos or images from family so I wish to transfer some video into sdcard.. I tried few times seems not successful as I check in SD card the video or pictures that selected to move, cannot be find out.. . thanks your guidance if possible by few images of move (what is the symbol)
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: Alma, vc, Doug Collins