Transfer Contacts in Your LG Optimus
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn, Doug Collins
If you need to transfer contacts from your LG Optimus smartphone to somewhere else, such as another phone, a computer, or so on, you can usually learn how to do this with just a few clicks.
It's also important that you learn how to use the device where the contacts are going first though, or otherwise the contact information won't do you much good. Here's how to get started, though make sure you get a Gmail account first, and this works best with Windows Phone versions of the Optimus.
Steps to Transfer Your Contacts on the LG Optimus
- 1Export to SD.Advertisement
- Export your contacts to your SD card first. This is usually the first step in transferring them where you want them to go, since the SD card is an easier medium for transfer.
- First, turn on your phone and go to the home screen by clicking on the icon of a house on the phone. Tap the "Contacts" icon on the home screen.
- If you don't have "Contacts" on the screen for whatever reason, hit the "Launch" icon with all of the dots first, and then select "Contacts" from there.
- Hit the "Menu" button on your phone, which is usually the one in the middle once the Contacts screen opens. Click the "Import/export" option that comes up on the right. Select "Export to SD card" in the small pop-up window.
- Click "OK" in the "Confirm export" window. Make a note of where the file is going and what the name of it is.
- 2Connect your phone to your computer.Advertisement
- 3Plug the included USB cable from your computer into your LG Optimus phone.
- 4This is usually called "Media transfer" or something similar depending on your model.Select the option in your phone that allows for file transfers.
- 5Import to Microsoft Outlook
- Open Outlook on your computer for one way to transfer contacts. This is usually located in the "Start" menu in Windows under "Programs".
- You can also search for it in Windows 8, just by hitting the Windows button and typing in the program name. Click on "File", and then select "Open", then "Import".
- Select the import option, and then locate the file you wrote down earlier. This should import your contacts into Outlook, which you can then use to either keep note of them from your computer, or transfer them to another phone easily.
- You can also often get files from your phone to Outlook through email.
- 6Transfer the contacts to a phone.
- 7Click on the "Import" option again and select "Export to a file."
- 8Hit the "Next" button.
- 9Choose the option to keep the values separated by commas and then click "Next" again.
- 10Choose the "Contacts" option and once more click "Next" when it comes up on screen.
- 11The file will export. Use your phone to go to Gmail and then log in.You can now type in a name for the contacts file, and then click "Finish".
- 12Open up the Contacts option, select where it talks about actions, and then click on the option to Import.
- 13You can then find the file that you exported from Outlook and choose to import it.
- 14Your contacts will now transfer and sync to the new phone.Advertisement
Categories : LG
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Robbi