Train a good basketball player
Edited by M G, Charmed, Jerry Rivers, Rafah Perlado and 1 other
Basketball is a sport that is played by two opposing teams with 5 starting members each. Their main goal is to earn points by shooting the basketball ball in such different ways that scores 2-3 points. But sometimes, if given a free throw (when a certain member of the opposing team commits a foul) you can earn 1 point.
According to the 2013 statistics from (statisticbrain.com) Basketball entered the Top 7 spot on the most played sports worldwide. While in the US it is on the Top 3 spot.
A lot of people around the world had been fascinated by this sport. Over the years, it has become one of the famous street and professional sport. In this sport a player must be one-hundred percent physically and mentally fit. Basketball is not just about the strength but also about strategy. Though basketball is not just for the normal people. It can also be played by the ones with disorders. With different rules applied.
Every player has their own story on how they became good or eventually became one of the best players in this sport. Definitely, there is only one way to be good or to be the best player in the long run and that is through training.
There are 5 different positions a basketball player can acquire.
- Power Forward
- Small Forward
- Shooting Guard
- Point Guard
But even if a player have their different positions in the game. They still undergo with the same training. Thus, they also have to have their own personal training to excel in the position they posses.
Aside from the physical training, they also need to be mentally prepared.
- 2Every single player have their own fears, they also experience pains. Basketball is a physical game. It is not a game of luck, but a game of courage. The courage to endure all their fears and pains to win a game. (Committing a foul, missing a shot, losing the game, having injuries, end up with fractured bones that leads to withdrawing from the game for a long/short time, worst would be to totally stop playing).Courage.Advertisement
- 1Getting stronger allows you take contact and finish when attacking the basket. Hold your ground in the paint going for boards and handle bigger opponents on both ends of the floor. This training focus on upper body, lifting weights will help you built your upper body.Strength.
- Drink lots of water, juice or Gatorade to replenish your water lose through perspiration.
- Make sure to completely rest after a tiring training before doing anything else, most importantly, before taking a shower.
- Refrain from smoking, taking drugs and drinking. Specially before a game starts. These will cause your stamina to breakdown.