Tour the most Romantic Castle in Germany
Edited by Maria, Maria Sharon Ubando, Robbi, Eng and 1 other
Beer reminds us of Germany. Besides beer, there are a lot of other good things that make us think of Germany. To name just a few, Germany has sausages, partying (especially beer festival), hiking, cathedrals and do not forget the beautiful castles.
Germans are considered to be a serious people but behind that seriousness they are kind and helpful. They are not as wild as their other European counterparts who love parties and who are more liberated. This is what makes them seem cold among tourist.
Germany welcomes millions of guests annually because it has a lot of good things awaiting for everyone.
If you intend to visit Germany, take some time to see the amazing and historic castles of Germany. It can be a daunting task to choose a castle to tour in Germany. Castles are amazing to look at, but beauty is not all they can offer. You will get to know a little background of these castles as you read the following visitor's guide to the castles of Germany. Fasten your seat belt and let's start this virtual tour. Close your eyes and let us go back in time.
Castle-hopping in Germany
- 1It was built by the eccentric King Ludwig 2 of Bavaria. Anybody who has visited Disneyland and wondered if a castle like the one in the theme park really exists has not seen Ludwig's dream castle in Schwangau, Bavaria.Medieval castles dot the banks of the Rhine but probably the most famous German castle is the one in Neuschwanstein.Advertisement
- 2Ehrenburg castle.Advertisement
- 3The Kronburg/Kronborg castle.
- 4The castle is surrounded by different buildings with structures from the different architectural era on Germany.Heidelberg schloss.
- 5Wassenberg Castle.
Tips in Visiting Germany
- Drink beer. The country is known for it so it will be a big miss if you don't try one of the local beers.
- Book in advance. Train fare is quite expensive in Germany but tickets can be 40-50% cheaper if they are booked at least a week before your trip.
- Have the Free Tour. There are free tours in Germany so take advantage of it.
Other Places You may Want to Check When in Germany
In case you still have some spare time left and think that you still want to explore Germany's beauty and secrets, you may want to visit some other of its attractions.
- 1The cliff is located in the Jasmund National Park in the island of Rügen. Standing majestic at 387 feet, the Königsstuhl is considered to be the highlight of the cliff.Rügen Cliff.Advertisement
- 2It is a Lutheran church which is located in Dresden. After it got ruined due to the World war II, the church has been restored and reopened in the year 2005 and became one of the main attractions of Dresden.One of the most celebrated visitors of the church is President Barrack Obama.Frauenkirche.
- 3Another popular spot in Germany is Lindau where three countries border it; Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Its medieval buildings are the min attraction of the place.Lindau.
- 4For centuries, the Cologne Cathedral has become Cologne's major landmark. The church which was in dedication to Saints Peter and Mary took 600 years in the making.Cologne Cathedral.
- 5Despite modernity, most towns in Rhine has retained it historic element with the Romantic Rhine as is most popular area.Rhine.
- 6This structure which has been built in 1464 now serves as a museum and considered as Lübeck symbol.Holstentor.
- 7After the reunification of East and West Germany, the Brandenburg Gate is the only one standing. It serves as the symbolization of the then divided countries' reunification. Not only is it a major attraction in Germany but in Europe as well.Brandenburg Gate.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Germany
Recent edits by: Eng, Robbi, Maria Sharon Ubando