Edited by BLACK BLOOD, Eng, shahariah abu hassan, Chuah and 5 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Torrent speed very slow: about 0.3 kbps?
- 1.2 How Can I maximize download speed and minimize upload speed?
- 1.3 About Windows 10 torrent download speed to slow?
- 1.4 My download speed is stuck at around 30kbps whatever I do, Please help?
- 1.5 Does the operating system of a computer affect the download speed of utorrents?
- 1.6 I have changed setting as guided in this write up but my download speed reduced to 5kbps from 70 kbps?
- 1.7 My torrent is not starting to download, its stuck at 7% and speed graph is also not working?
- 1.8 Hi my uTorrent is giving an upload speed of 4mbps and a download speed of 20 kbps, what should I do? and it is like this for all the torrents?
- 1.9 Is there a way to keep a steady download speed based off what the service provider gives?
- 1.10 My download speed doesn't reach to full speed?
- 1.11 I have 2MB net but download speed is 1 kb?
- 1.12 I am trying to download a 5GB file by using uTorrent but the download speed is very slow it has reached three days now, how can I increase the speed?
- 1.13 Hi, my uTorrent max download speed will not rise above 1MB?
- 2 Referencing this Article
- 3 Comments
Questions and Answers
Torrent speed very slow: about 0.3 kbps?
I am downloading a movie, and my torrent speed is very slow: something about 0.3 kbps. I have tried: I have added trackers.
The most possible answer is that the film that is in the public domain is not seeded by many people at full speed. It can be that only three or two people have that torrent or that part of the torrent that you are downloading and have only 0.1 kbps upload speed open for this specific film (the rest of the bandwidth is taken by uploading something else, for example).
For uTorrent, follow the procedure below.
- 1Open uTorrent.
- 2Click "Options".
- 3Click "Bandwidth".
- 4Set "Global Maximum Numbers of Connections" to 300
- 5Set "Maximum number of connected peers per torrent" to 50.
- 6Click the "Queueing" tab.
- 7Set "Maximum number of active torrents" to 8
- 8Set "Maximum number of active downloads" to 5
- 9Set "Minimum ratio" to 200
- 10Set "Minimum seeding time" to 0
- 11Set "Minimum number of available seeds" to 0
- 12Disable "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks".
- 13Click the "BitTorrent" tab.
- 14Place checkmarks for everything.
- 15Uncheck "Limit local peer bandwidth".
- 16Set "Outgoing" to "Disabled".
- 17Click the "Advanced" tab.
- 18Modify "GUI.show_notorrents_node" to "false"
- 19Modify "GUI.update_rate" to 2000
- 20Modify "ipfilter.enable" to "false"
- 21Modify "net.max_halfopen" to 66
- 22Modify "offers.404_dismiss" to 1432261021
- 23Modify "offers.404_shown" to 1432261021
- 24Modify "offers.featured_content_badge" to "false"
- 25Modify "offers.featured_content_notific..." to "false"
- 26Modify "offers.featured_content_rss_en.." to "false"
- 27Modify "offers.featured_content_rss_up" to 3600
- 28Modify "offers.left_rail_offer_enabled" to "false"
- 29Modify "peer.disconnect_inactive_inter..." to 900.
If that did not help, then you may wish to reset your router by using its manual. Then, set it up. That is also possible that ISP can throttle your torrents or lower the speed once a certain limit has been reached. As you will not be able to find out whether the former is relevant, it is possible to use a VPN service that will route the traffic to itself and then direct it at you. Just look up some VPNs like https://www.ibvpn.com/plans/buy-torrent-vpn/.
How Can I maximize download speed and minimize upload speed?
My torrent is giving 60 kbps of upload and 20 of download which is opposite to what uTorrent usually gives me.. I have tried: These Tip and tricks. I think it was caused by: Maybe low seeds on the torrent
If you are downloading something that only has a few seeders, then the speed quality will be low. You have to seek torrents with at least 20 seeders for maximum speed. If the servers are being overwhelmed on a popular item this can also decrease the speed.
About Windows 10 torrent download speed to slow?
The download speed of the torrent is slow, how can I boost the download speed of torrent?. I think it was caused by: Internet speed slow
This is how I tweaked Windows 10 to work for uTorrent:
- 1Temporarily disable them during a download. You can then enable them once done.Disable Windows Update Delivery, Windows Updates, and Windows Firewall/Windows Defender.
- 2Even though Windows 10 installed a WiFi adapter, it is best to use the ones straight from your PC's manufacturer rather than the generic one that comes with Windows 10.Install new WiFi Adapter Drivers.
- 3Many are now outdated for running efficiently on Windows 10. CCleaner is one you can install fresh at this time if you would still like to use one.Uninstall Optimization Software that you may have used in the past.
- 4Much like on a cell phone, Windows 10 Applications boot up when you turn on the PC. They check for updates and hog the download use of the computer.Close Background Applications.
- 5If you are downloading from one of those websites you will have this issue no matter what you do.Some sites have been banned from Windows 10 over privacy concerns.
See more questions like this: My uTorrent have very slow download speed and it doesn't get any better?
My download speed is stuck at around 30kbps whatever I do, Please help?
Whatever I do, my download speed is around 30kbps, please help
As of Summer 2016, the VisiHow QnA page My downloading speed remain around 40 kbps has the latest settings to increase your speed. Once you update your uTorrent, you will need to wait for around one hour for the system to update. Doing anything before could cancel out the setting changes that you did.
Does the operating system of a computer affect the download speed of utorrents?
When using Windows 7 Have noticed the download speeds are higher than when using Windows xp even if its on the same network platform. how can one boost the speeds under the Windows xp?. I have tried: Adding trackers. I think it was caused by: Change of operating system
You would have to tweak the XP specifically and also it is best to bypass the router with a LAN on XP. Even though it is running on the same platform both systems have different WiFi drivers and other changes. This is what makes supposedly the newest Windows OS better than previous versions, upgrades to the OS.
I have changed setting as guided in this write up but my download speed reduced to 5kbps from 70 kbps?
I have changed setting as guided in this write up but my download speed reduced to 5kbps from 70 kbps
Did you wait for the program changes to update before you began using it? If not, then nothing changed and you will have to go through the process again but this time, wait at least one hour for the update changes.
My torrent is not starting to download, its stuck at 7% and speed graph is also not working?
I am downloading this file on my WiFi connection, I have downloaded other torrents on this, it was working fine till last week. Now the speed graph is not working and nothing is getting downloaded, the internet is working.. I have tried: I have tired restarting PC, reconnecting WiFi connection. I think it was caused by: I think my internet is a little slow these days
If everything else is working, your file that you are downloading does not have enough seeders or it is corrupted. Test with another file to see if that downloads faster. If it does not, then you need to update your uTorrent system. Make sure that you have the latest program and that you make the tweaks suggested in the above answer for summer of 2016.
Hi my uTorrent is giving an upload speed of 4mbps and a download speed of 20 kbps, what should I do? and it is like this for all the torrents?
Hi my uTorrent is giving an upload speed of 4mbps and a download speed of 20 kbps, what should I do? and it is like this for all the torrents
First, update your uTorrent. Then make sure you have the latest drivers installed on your PC. Test your internet connection to see if it is actually your router causing the problem. If you are downloading at a peak time with your internet provider, your speeds may be slow because of maximum capacity.
See more questions like this: Well, my normal speed is 50 -/+ download speed, why is my torrent's only 1.2?
Is there a way to keep a steady download speed based off what the service provider gives?
Is there a way to keep a steady rate..?. I have tried: Nothing...I don't know much about this.. I think it was caused by: The connection speed.
Bootstrike has a regularly updated guide for avoiding throttling by the internet provider. I have linked the guide because it changes often and I have found that they update this right away. It is always a cat and mouse game between the downloading programs and the big giant Internet providers. So tweak the uTorrent/BiTorrent and when it changes suddenly again, go back to the guide to see the latest work around provided.
My download speed doesn't reach to full speed?
When I start downloading a torrent it doesn't reach my full download and my download speed is 200 k/b
You can tweak the uTorrent in the above answer that has the latest for Summer 2016. Just because your system and Internet provider are fast, this does not mean that uTorrent will be fast. It needs to be tweaked regularly. If you have Windows 10 installed, follow the steps above such as installing better drivers again from your PC manufacturer instead of stock ones overwritten by Windows 10.
I have 2MB net but download speed is 1 kb?
I have 2MB net but download speed is 1 kb
If you recently applied a BitTorrent update, this happened to many. Once they uninstalled and reinstalled it was the same. Install Transmission and test it. If it is running faster then you know your lasted BitTorrent update is the culprit. Transmission works the same but many swear it is better. You just have to be more careful to not download something with ransomware because Transmission has less of security platform than BitTorrent.
I am trying to download a 5GB file by using uTorrent but the download speed is very slow it has reached three days now, how can I increase the speed?
How can I increase the speed on downloading, using uTorrent?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Hi, my uTorrent max download speed will not rise above 1MB?
My uTorrent max download speed when downloading torrent will not rise above 1MB, what could be wrong?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Torrent speed very slow: about 0.3 kbps? . (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Torrent_speed_very_slow_about_0.3_kbps
MLA (Modern Language Association) " Torrent speed very slow: about 0.3 kbps? ." VisiHow, visihow.com/Torrent_speed_very_slow_about_0.3_kbps Accessed 27 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. " Torrent speed very slow: about 0.3 kbps? ." Accessed Apr 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Torrent_speed_very_slow_about_0.3_kbps.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: preetsluv90, VisiHow, sam_nfs