Tie a Scarf in Different Ways
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, Alma, Eng and 1 other
A scarf can be a good addition to your outfit. Besides letting them hang over our shoulders or wrapping them around our necks, there are a number of creative ways to tie a scarf that adds a unique and trendy look to your outfit. This piece of cloth can make help you create update even an old dress, shirt or any other clothing that needs a little color burst.
The Many Looks of a Scarf
- 6This knot fits well with chunky scarves. Take the scarf and look for the middle. Place it in front of your neck and leave the ends resting against your back. Crisscross the ends and bring them around the front. Tuck the ends of the scarf creating a loop placed around your neck. Pull the knot down so you will feel comfortable.Loop and Tuck Scarf Knot.
How to Choose the Right Scarf
A scarf is usually wrapped or worn around the neck and this may highlight some parts of the body, like the face and the bust. It is very important that you choose a scarf that flatters your body type.
- 1Neutral colors are the safest when buying scarves. This is because you can pair them with any other colors.Choose Scarves in Neutral Colors.Advertisement
- 2If you're someone who predominantly wears black, or solid neutral tones, choose a scarf that will add a nice splash of color.Splash of Color.
- 3When buying a scarf, be sure that you choose one with the right material. Wool, cotton and chiffon are some of the recommended fabrics.Check the Material.
- 4When you decide to wear a scarf over a dress, be mindful with the prints on the fabric - no mismatching allowed. Printed scarves will not match with a dress with a different print.Be Careful with the Prints.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Tie a Scarf in Different Ways. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Tie_a_Scarf_in_Different_Ways
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Tie a Scarf in Different Ways." VisiHow, visihow.com/Tie_a_Scarf_in_Different_Ways Accessed 25 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Tie a Scarf in Different Ways." Accessed May 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Tie_a_Scarf_in_Different_Ways.
Categories : Accessories, Scarfs, Purses & Jewelry
Recent edits by: Eng, Alma, Lynn