Tell if a Shy Guy Likes You
Edited by Bobby-Jo Keats, Eng, Rajarajan, Anonymous and 5 others
- 1 How to Tell if a Shy Guy Likes You
- 2 By His Body Language
- 3 Through Text Messaging
- 4 In High School
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 Is a good thing if a guy blushes when you send him a message?
- 5.2 I'm confused, could you help me with a shy guy?
- 5.3 When you ask a guy if he likes you but he doesn't answer and his face gets red!
- 5.4 A man who stares but doesn't approach. He is single. How to make a move without sounding desperate? He is a doctor but I don't know more about him. How to break ice?
- 6 Comments
How to Tell if a Shy Guy Likes You
Shy guys can be difficult to figure out. They may keep to themselves, hang out with only the friends they feel comfortable with or just get nervous around girls. However, they are often nice guys who are true gems. All too often girls miss out on the opportunity to date a shy guy because they are unsure about his feelings or just give up trying to figure out his subtle signals altogether. Here are some tips to help you figure out if this shy guy likes you, and what cues you should be looking out for.
- 2Make eye contact and smile.Advertisement
- 4Listen to the way he talks to you.
- 5Compare his behavior with others to his behavior with you.
- 6Ask him to do you a favor.
- 7Try to talk to him online.
- 8He does random things for you.
By His Body Language
Reading body language is a very important way of discovering if someone is interested in you, especially when it comes to shy guys. Without even realizing it, their body might be telling you things they won't - giving you signs that you just have to look a little closer at to decipher.
- 1He gets nervous when you're around.If he is always fidgeting, sweating or cracking his knuckles when you are near him, he might be interested in you but feel too intimidated to say something.Advertisement
- 2He avoids eye contact.
- 3He blushes around you.It's a good sign a shy guy is interested in you when you notice him blushing around you. It may be when you speak to him, when you come into close proximity, especially if you gently caress his shoulder walking by. Regardless, pay attention to those rosy cheeks and you might have a clue if he's into you.
- 4He always tries to look good when you're around.
- 5His speech changes around you.If a shy guy likes you but he gets nervous around you, it may show in his speech, He may stammer or slur his speech when you're around. If he often gets tongue-tied during your conversations, this may be a sign that he's interested in you.
- 6He imitates your behavior If he is mirrors your behavior it means he is really paying attention to you.He may sit the way you sit, stand when you stand or lean towards you when you lean towards him. Imitating your behavior is a good sign that he's interested in you and what you have to say.
- 7His feet are always pointing at you.
- 8His arms are open when you talk to him.The first sign that someone is not interested in you is they fold their arms when you speak to them. If his arms are always open when you talk it means that he is open to receiving information from you and is comfortable talking to you. This might mean he likes more than just what you are saying.
- 9He stares at you.
Through Text Messaging
Rather than communicating directly, shy guys are usually more comfortable communicating via text message. They find it less intimidating than talking in person. The following describes ways you can tell if a shy guy likes you through texting.
- 1He will text you but will not talk to you in person.Advertisement
- 3He responds right away.
- 4He asks open-ended questions.
- 5He texts you at the same time each day/night.
- 6He stops texting when you mention other guys.
- 8If he often texts you about stuff you are interested in.
- 10He opens up to you.
In High School
High School can be difficult enough without having to guess if the shy guy you have a crush on, likes you back. Here are some ways you can tell if he's into you.
- 1His body language.
- 6He finds ways to casually touch you.
- 7He ignores his other friends when you're around.He most likely is into you if he ignores all his other pals when you're around. Shy guys are usually most comfortable with their close friends or in certain groups, and they generally like to stay in their comfort zone. However, if he is constantly paying attention to you and not them, or what you say over what they want to talk about, he might really like you.
- 9He adds you to social media and talks to you online.
- 10He's always where you are.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Is a good thing if a guy blushes when you send him a message?
I sent this guy I like a nice text message, and he blushed. I have tried: N/A. I think it was caused by: N/A
Blushing is a reaction of organism to stress, infatuation, apprehension, embarrassment, fear, anxiety, anger, and basically any other strong sentiment. One can only conclude that your message, if the person did really blush, made him emotionally active; but only he knows the susceptibilities that he has experienced.
I'm confused, could you help me with a shy guy?
Hey, I have a crush on a "shy guy" and I don't know if he's interested or not because he is really sweet when we are talking face-to-face but doesn't text back as much as I am. He stares at me for a long time and smiles, even when I see him staring at me, he doesn't stop. He doesn't talk much and doesn't want to come to me when I'm near but keep staring. I don't know what to do. He doesn't do "things" for me, and text back only when I ask something about his favorite game. Why is he staring and smiling at me so much, he is so sweet, but seems rude sometimes? I'm confused. I have tried: I tried to talk to him when he is doing nothing, tried to invite him on a Sunday etc. It looks like he wants to do things with me, but in the end he just go away.. I think it was caused by: I think I'm not really his friend, He doesn't blush but looks at me in the eyes while smiling. I want to be more than a random-girl, but I don't know how!
You are going to have to be more insistent with him when inviting him to do things. He may not know how to carry on a conversation with a girl. This would stop him from answering your texts unless you ask him a question. Guys like this are fairly silent because they are afraid of saying something wrong or just do not know how to reply. Since he has told you some of his favorite things, do research on those and compile a list of things to say to him to see if you can get him to open up in a conversation.
When you ask a guy if he likes you but he doesn't answer and his face gets red!
I like him and when my friend asked him if he likes me, my crush face got red and tried to avoid the question.
He is embarrassed. It is a normal reaction to have, especially if you are all younger than 18. Since you also like him, you may have to make all the first moves in starting a conversation. Let him get to know you so he feels more comfortable in approaching you on his own.
A man who stares but doesn't approach. He is single. How to make a move without sounding desperate? He is a doctor but I don't know more about him. How to break ice?
There is a guy in my apartment and he stares at me a lot. Many times he is the first to stare and me second. he doesn't look away when I see him immediately but slowly he walks away without talking at all. This happened many times and his stares haunt me. So one day I found him on Facebook and sent a friend request. He neither accepted it nor deleted it. Neither did he try to message on Facebook. I waited for 5 days. He added other people from his college.He still stared at me a day after that, standing near his car in the parking lot BUT didn't smile or try to talk. I realized he will never accept me on Facebook (we do not know each other in person). Also he will not have courage to talk in person. I do not know how to approach either. I am shy too. Stuck in paradox, I decided to give up on him reasoning that he is a rich doctor with good looks and that I will never stand a chance anyhow.. . NOW almost 2 weeks later, I saw another guy who does almost the same, stares at me, looks at me when I am near but pretends to not notice me if I am the first to obviously stare at him. But many times he stares at me but when I see him he becomes nervous (I assume since he looks away or at phone He is especially very interested in staring at me with that blank intense look when he seems me talking to guys in our building. He seems to listen to me when I am talking with others but I never know. THE PROBLEM IS HE IS THE ROOMMATE/FRIEND of the first guy who stared at me and rejected my Facebook request politely. Now if I try to connect or chat with this new guy will the other guy know? Will it look awkward or is it okay to try the same formula? He is a doctor and is busy so we do not have common timings where I can see him and try to converse face to face. So again Facebook is the better option to start with. Can I send him message and see how he responds?. . I realized that this new guy is better at showing his interest (a 3rd guy who is this new guy's friend seems to know his friend is interested in me. He is always with him), I mostly see him either in gym or while he is parking lot. He stares at me and waits for me to look at him before he gets into his car. When in gym he looks at me too and I noticed the close friend who knows his interest notices that I stare at him and him staring at me. So at least this sounds less foolish than running behind a guy who did not talk on Facebook or tell his friends if he liked me. So.. It is fine to talk to him on Facebook?. . I don't know what will happen but if this guy doesn't respond too, then I will have to reevaluate the concept of guys staring at me and showing interest in me. This person is in my apartment but we barely have common things or timings so we cannot actually talk in person unless I know I will see him on a given day. It is not easy to approach on Facebook since I already got rejected on Facebook recently (by his friend). Since he and my old crush are friends, this situation is more complicated than others.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Maria, Zamzibar7, VisiHow