Tell if Your Husband Is Attracted to Another Woman
Edited by Train Wreck, VisiHow, Eng, Maria
If you were looking for advice for men, make sure to check out our article on how to tell if your wife likes another man.
You've been married for many years, so you know your husband's behavior quite well, including his personal habits and schedule. That is why you easily recognized the small changes in his behavior. Perhaps he has started to return home from work later than normal, keep his mobile phone and email secret or password protected and has suddenly started acting more excited or lively. You may not know why, but you do know one thing: you're not the reason for his strange behavior. Since you're his wife, you may have started wondering whether or not he is attracted to another woman. If this problem is bothering you, we will give you some tips that will help you recognize if your husband is attracted to another woman.
9 Signs Your Husband is Attracted to Her
- 1Let's begin with the most commonly scrutinized item: the mobile phone. Each of us has the right to some level of privacy, but if your husband does not answer the phone when you are nearby and instead leaves the room to take calls, it may mean that he is trying to hide something. He may also have multiple phones or keep his mobile completely out of your sight. If this behavior is new or it is happening often, be vigilant. There is a chance it could in fact be an important work call. It could also be another woman.He does not pick up the phone when you are nearby.Advertisement
- 2If you can't find a call history or text messages in his phone, it may mean that he deliberately removes them because he has something to hide. Does he constantly receive some text messages and then delete them claiming that they were only ads or wrong numbers? Does he use his phone more at nighttime, when he thinks you are asleep? Sometimes, men who are either attracted to other women or who are already cheating adopt these behaviors and odd timing because they do not want their wives to discover what is going on.He has started deleting data from his phone, such as text messages or call history.Advertisement
- 3It sounds strange, but receiving more frequent gifts can also be an alert that something is amiss. If your husband suddenly starts to buy small gifts for you more often than normal, it is possible that he wants to lull you into a false sense of security. Additionally, he may feel guilty about what he is doing and thinks that paying you a little extra attention will give you no reason to suspect that anything is wrong.He gives you gifts.
- 4Emotional affairs can be just as painful, if not more painful than physical affairs. If your husband avoids social gatherings or meetings with family, it could mean that he spends time with someone else or does not want to be discovered acting strangely. The more he can minimize interaction, the less likely it is that his behavior will be discovered. Additionally, the focus of attention on another person makes it more difficult for many people to be affectionate to their spouses. If he is suddenly less affectionate toward you, his mind may be on another woman.He avoids affection and common meetings.
- 5If he returns home later and later and says that he has been spending time with coworkers, you should look carefully at this situation, because behind it there can be a woman. Meetings, business dinners, and delegations are quite common excuses for infidelity. You will never be invited, of course.He spends a lot of time at "business meetings".
- 6Has your husband suddenly started taking extra good care of himself? Has he changed his style of dress or started to spend more time in front of the mirror? Has he suddenly started wearing a new cologne, made other changes to his appearance, such as a new style of facial hair, or even joined a gym? If you know you haven't had any conversations like this with him, but he suddenly makes small or dramatic changes, they may be made for someone else.He dresses differently or changes his appearance.
- 7Secrecy often extends beyond mobile devices, so also pay attention to his general demeanor. Does he no longer tell you willingly about his day or something interesting that happened to him at work? If he is no longer sharing information like he was before, and even finds it difficult to look you in the eyes when you are speaking to each other, it is very easy to get the idea that his thoughts are focused on someone else.He is secretive.
- 8Does he have a new hobby? Has he just discovered a new hobby that he was never so interested in, such as tennis or football? Consider the amount of time that he is spending on this activity, as it may be a cover to allow him to leave the house without you. Especially if this new passion started suddenly, it may not only be an innocent activity that he has discovered.Look for changes in his behavior.
- 9Has your partner suddenly displayed a boost in confidence? Is he now more happy, kind, charming, or contemplative? Is he suddenly more energetic and optimistic? There may be something in his life that has prompted these behaviors, but if he isn't sharing them with you, it could also be someone else that has given him the reason to change his mood.Look for changes in his attitude.Advertisement
What to Do
It is a good idea to keep an eye on your husband. This way, you can notice even subtle changes, and if you are afraid he may be attracted to another woman, you will see this life change affected in his behavior. Remember that as long as you do not have evidence, it is a very bad idea to confront him with an accusation. A simple discussion in which you ask him about what is going on may be a better option. If you are concerned that your husband may have crossed the line from casual interest into having an affair, please see our other relationship articles. You can also consider counselling sessions, either alone, or with him. Just remember that sometimes it's actually healthy for him to notice other women -- it's not not good if he acts on it. With the above tips in mind, you should now be able to recognize if you may have a problem and take the appropriate action to correct it.
See more articles for women on relationships: Writing Sweet Good-Night Messages, Finding Ring Sizes for Him, Making Your Marriage Work, Signs That Your Marriage Is Over, Telling If Your Husband Does Not Love You Anymore, Getting Relationship Advice, Getting Over Divorce (for Women), Getting Over a Broken Heart (for Women), Cheating Husband, Finding Out If Your Husband Loves You, Tell if Your Husband Hates You, Write an Apology Letter to Your Boyfriend, Write an Apology Letter to Your Husband, and Surviving Internet Affairs and Repairing Relationships.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Tell if Your Husband Is Attracted to Another Woman. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Tell_if_Your_Husband_Is_Attracted_to_Another_Woman
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Tell if Your Husband Is Attracted to Another Woman." VisiHow, visihow.com/Tell_if_Your_Husband_Is_Attracted_to_Another_Woman Accessed 30 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Tell if Your Husband Is Attracted to Another Woman." Accessed May 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Tell_if_Your_Husband_Is_Attracted_to_Another_Woman.
Categories : Suspicions
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Train Wreck