Tell if Your Husband Hates You
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng, VisiHow
If you were looking for advice for men, make sure to check out our article on how to tell if your wife hates you.
Whether you've been married to your husband for a short time or many years, there may come a time when all you receive from him are negative emotions and criticism. You may have begun wondering what is wrong and how come he no longer seems to show any love toward you. You might also wonder if you've just misunderstood his behavior. Wherever you are in terms of understanding how your husband feels about you, this article will help you answer any lingering questions about whether your husband is just upset, or actually hates you.
Six Signs Your Husband Secretly Hates You
If you have been wondering whether or not your husband hates you, read on to discover some of the signals. While some are rather obvious, a few others are not. You might be surprised at what you've been missing.
- 1He is highly critical of you.No matter what you do, you can never seem to do anything right. Your husband constantly criticizes what you cook, how you dress, or even how you fix your hair. He always seems to find a reason why what you have done just wasn't good enough. Whether it happens intentionally or not doesn't matter, because it still hurts. You may be surprised to hear this, but the behavior he is demonstrating happens largely because he cannot find a common language with you. In some cases, he may not even be aware that what he says is hurtful. If you are experiencing this situation in your marriage, it is worth finding out why. If you are unable to speak to each other constructively but both express a desire to continue the marriage, it may be worth seeking the services of a relationship or marriage counselor who will be able to mediate your discussions and suggest better communication techniques. However, if he's not interested in talking about more than what a bad job you've done, you might have a husband who hates you.Advertisement
- 2He is emotionally abusive.This is one of the most severe, troubling issues a marriage can face in addition to being one of the most difficult for many people to recognize. When you first begin to notice signs of trouble in your marriage, you may be tempted or even encouraged to look at your own behavior as the cause. If your husband is consistently behaving offensively toward you, it may not be your fault. If you begin to see the signs of emotional abuse in your own marriage, look carefully at this situation and assess how likely it is to change for the better, or even for the worse. This is a very serious issue that should never be overlooked, and should always be addressed. Your husband may not hate you, but he could very well hate himself. Either way, no matter who he hates, it's a dangerous and unhealthy situation for you. Get out now. If you really love him, you can go to counseling together; but after you have separated and you're safe.Advertisement
- 3He avoids spending time with you.If your husband is spending longer hours at work or going out after work with colleagues or friends, you may begin to wonder if he is having an affair. While you have every right to wonder if he may be having an affair, he could simply be getting out of the house to avoid interacting with you. If he declines participating in activities with you, especially in those that involve more interaction, such as joining you when you meet with your friends or family, he may be trying to avoid spending time with you and with those close to you. If he does join you for an evening out, it may only be for activities that don't involve a lot of engagement, such as watching a new film at the theater. He may be ready with excuses, but if you notice that his refusal to participate in things that are important to you is becoming routine, there may be a problem in your marriage that needs to be addressed. He might not hate you yet, but if he is avoiding you, it's only going to get worse.
- 4He forgets important dates.While it is true that more than a few men are more forgetful than women when it comes to important dates such as special events, birthdays or anniversaries, you may have noticed that your once more organized husband suddenly doesn't seem to remember them. Where he once seemed to care much more and celebrate every milestone with you; now he cannot seem to remember and doesn't seem to care much. Again, this signal will not be so obvious in some men because they, by nature, may simply not remember for no malicious reason. However, if there is a change in a husband who did remember, you'd be wise to take notice.
- 5He is physically violent towards you.Both emotional and physical violence are serious signs of a problem and should be addressed promptly if they ever appear in your marriage. Pushing, hitting, shoving, and even biting are all forms of physical abuse and aggression. If this aggression is not addressed, it may pile up and become more severe over time. Remember that abusive behavior is a huge and dangerous issue. If you have been suffering from physical and/or emotional abuse in your marriage, you need to get out. You can sort out your feelings and whether he hates you or not once you have found a safe place to be.
- 6He no longer shows affection.While it is generally widely believed that women are more affectionate than men, a man in love will show affection on even the smallest occasions. He will not hesitate to hug his wife, give her a kiss, hold her hand, or play with her hair. If you try to kiss him, however, and he turns his head or avoids physical contact with you for an extended period of time, you may rightly begin to wonder if your husband hates you. Physical contact and intimacy are very important for maintaining the bond between a husband and wife. Avoiding physical affection is a sure sign that something is wrong in your marriage. Try to catch his heart before he decides he really hates you and tries to move on.Advertisement
Is Your Relationship In Trouble?
Regardless of the amount of time you and your husband have spent together as a married couple, when you feel that something has changed in your marriage, it's time to be worried. After all, it is your marriage, not a weekend romance, or you learning what it's like to date. So take action. Sometimes the love that connected you both simply disappears, but other times it changes into pure hate. Clearly, you cannot completely control your husband's emotions, but if you recognize some of the signs described above in your own marriage, you should definitely consider your next steps. Maybe you can bring him back, and maybe not. Just remember, if you don't give these important relationship signals the attention they deserve, you'll lose your husband for sure.
See more articles for women on relationships: Signs That Your Marriage Is Over, Telling If Your Husband Does Not Love You Anymore, Getting Relationship Advice, Getting Over Divorce (for Women), Getting Over a Broken Heart (for Women), Cheating Husband, Finding Out If Your Husband Loves You, Write an Apology Letter to Your Husband, and Surviving Internet Affairs and Repairing Relationships.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Marriage
Recent edits by: Eng, Train Wreck