Tell by a Woman's Body Language if She Likes You
Edited by Bobby-Jo Keats, Eng, VisiHow, Nuance and 11 others
If you want to know if a woman is interested in you, just watch her body language for non-verbal cues. Whether these are conscious or subconscious, a woman's body language will indicate what she is thinking and feeling. Here are some body language indicators to take note of if you want to know if she's really into you.
- 1She mirrors your actions.She copies your movements. She imitates how you sit or stand or move around. This is called building rapport and it shows she is paying attention to you.Advertisement
- 2She adjusts her posture.When you are nearby, she abruptly stands up straight or arches her back. She may primp herself by adjusting her clothing or begin standing or walking with perfect posture around you.Advertisement
- 3She smiles a lot.When you enter a room or speak, she constantly smiles at you. Even if she is passing by you, she glances over to flash you a smile so that you notice her noticing you.
- 4She giggles or laughs a lot.She laughs at your jokes, even the lame ones. She giggles more when you're around or she laughs uncontrollably when you do something funny.
- 5She stares at you.Even if she is across the room, she is always looking your way. When you make eye contact, her gaze intensifies and she stares at you for a long time before looking away. When you are speaking to her, she stares at you and doesn't look away.
- 6She touches you a lot.She brushes against you while she is walking by or finds ways to touch you. It might be your arm, or leg when she's talking to you, or she may playfully push you. She finds any excuse to make physical contact with you.
- 7She adds and follows you on social media.She adds you as a friend on social media and likes your statuses and photos. She follows your pages and reads your posts to get to know you better. She may even bring up some of your posts in conversation.
- 8She plays with her hair.She twirls her hair or plays with it by running her fingers through it. She constantly tries to fix her hair or make it look better when you are around her. The 'hair flip' is a certain sign she is interested.
- 9She tilts her head sideways when you're talking to her.When you are talking, her head tilts to the side while she is looking at you. She holds one hand against her cheek as if she is framing her face and waiting for you to notice.
- 10She blushes when you sit beside her or stand close to her.She talks to you, and for no apparent reason she starts to blush and it doesn't go away until you do.
- 1 If She is Flirting With You
- 2 If She Likes You More Than a Friend
- 3 If She is Attracted to You
- 4 What it Means if Her Legs are Crossed
- 5 If She is in Love With You
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Does a girl have some interest in me if she looks at me every time when I don't look at her and always sits close to where I sit; and just the other day, she just decided to help me for no reason, and she is always smiling at me until I notice it?
- 6.2 Does she like me or doesn't want me to think that she likes me?
- 6.3 She plays with her bra in front of me does she like me?
- 6.4 Does she like me or is frightened of me?
- 6.5 What if she blinks her eye on you?
- 6.6 If a girl slowly shakes her head to a question, should I be worried?
- 6.7 Hi, can you tell me what does it mean if a girl stares at you?
- 6.8 When a potential date strikes an object that means?
- 6.9 A family lady friend rubbed her hand slowly up and down on my back when saying hello?
- 6.10 I need to know what to say to a woman when hit with a suprise attack?
- 7 Comments
If She is Flirting With You
- 1She looks at you seductively.She stares at you intensely and moves her eyebrows in a flirtatious way. She gazes at you until you notice her and then she playfully looks away before looking your way again.
- 2She licks her lips when you look at her.When she has your attention, she seductively licks her lips. This may be while you are talking close, or some distance away but she will make eye contact with you before she runs her tongue across her lips.
- 3She brushes up against you.She makes physical contact with you often. She finds ways to touch you, rub against you, sit on your lap or wrestle. She gets in your way while you are walking or goes out of her way to squeeze by you and uses the opportunity to touch you in some way.
- 4She dangles her shoe off of her foot.She fidgets with one of her shoes. She plays with her shoe by dangling it half on and half off while she watches you.
- 5She seductively strokes objects when you are looking.She waits for you to notice her and then seductively strokes an object. It might be a pen, a tool or even her food. She does this over and over and watches you to see your reaction.
- 6She walks past you seductively.When she passes by you, she walks extra slow with perfect posture. She intensifies her hip movement or stares at you while she walks with her chest out and shoulders back, nice and slow.
- 7She plays with her hair while making eye contact with you.When you are looking at her, she plays with her hair. This might be by twirling it, fixing it or running her fingers through it. Even if you are speaking to someone else, she is fidgeting with her hair while she is looking your way, and she doesn't stop.
- 8She bats her eyelashes at you.She tries to look cute by batting her eyes at you. She blinks often in a flirtatious way and accompanies it with a smile.
- 9She winks at you.She always finds a reason to wink at you. Whether it's something you say or if another person mentions something naughty, she looks at you and winks to get your attention.
- 10She uses her sexy voice when she talks to you.She changes her voice to sound really sexy when she talks to you. She may talk softer, slower or use a more raspy voice to speak with you than the tone she uses when she is speaking to other people.
- 11When you are talking close, and she stops watching your eyes and watches your mouth, it's usually an indication she is thinking about kissing you.
If She Likes You More Than a Friend
- 1She talks to you a lot and always invites you to places she is going.She keeps you in the loop about parties or events she is going to. She sends you a lot of invites on social media or asks you if you've heard about or are attending places where she is going. She always invites you to come along or meet up there and if you do she chats with you a lot.Advertisement
- 2She goes to the same events you go to and watches you.Somehow she knows where you are spending your night off and shows up with her friends. She might hang out with some of your friends and or try to get close to you at these events. She wants to be where you are and spend time with you while you are having fun, even if it means staring at a distance.
- 3She visits your workplace to flirt with you.Depending on where you work, she visits your workplace in hopes of catching a glimpse of you or starting a conversation. She might stop in briefly under another pretense on several occasions, but really try to run into you so she can hug, brush against or make small talk with you.
- 4She asks you a lot of personal questions while mirroring your actions.She wants to know everything about you. She asks you personal questions about your family, your job or your goals. She always wants to know what you are thinking and mirrors your actions when you open up to her.
- 5She adds and follows you on social media to get your attention.She adds you to all her social media sites and frequently likes your posts, photos, and videos. Old or new, she is seemingly your biggest fan when it comes to the selfies you post.
- 6She asks your friends or relatives about you.She becomes friends with your friends or family members asks questions about you and tries to get involved in the same activities you are. She wants to be close to you even if it has to be with a group of people.
- 7She tries to be cute when asking for your help.When she needs a small favor or a little help with something, she always asks you first. She smiles a lot and bats her eyes lashes while she asks you, and afterward, she thanks you profusely and compliments your work.
- 8She sits or stands very close to you and asks for your advice.She creates very intimate conversations with you by asking you for advice or discussing something personal with you while being as close to you as possible. She creates the feeling that you share intimate moments, even when it's just conversation.
- 9She shares personal information with you and stares at you while waiting for your reaction.She says things to make you blush, laugh, think about her, or like her. She stares at you until you react and then engages you further if your reaction is a positive one.
- 10She hugs you all the time.She hugs you at every opportunity. She hugs you hello, she hugs you goodbye, and she hugs you at random times, holding on tight and for long periods of time.
If She is Attracted to You
- 1She tries to be as close to you as possible.She changes seats or leaves other conversations so she can be as close to you, wherever you are.Advertisement
- 2She gets really shy when you pay attention to her.She giggles or blushes whenever you speak to her. She gets nervous and fidgety but doesn't leave the conversation. She is overwhelmed by you.
- 3She looks intensely into your eyes when you speak.She can't take her eyes off of you. No matter who you are talking to, when you look at her, she is always staring back at you.
- 4She checks you out all the time.Every time you walk by or you are mentioned in conversation, she checks you out and smiles at you. She tries to let you see her eyeballing you up and down.
- 5She leaves her friends in order to start a conversation with you.She walks away from her friends or other guys talking to her and starts a conversation with you whenever possible.
- 6She faces toward you every time you are nearby.No matter who is talking, her body is always facing your direction. She mimics your body movements and slowly moves closer toward you.
- 7She breathes heavy when you're talking to her.Her heartbeat increases and her breathing becomes faster and more shallow and she blushes.
- 8She gets super shy and quiet when you are around.She clams up and gets nervous when you are around her. She tries to watch you from a distance and for some reason, may have a hard time talking to you. She might fumble over her words or get too distracted to remember what she was saying.
- 9She becomes self-conscious around you.Whenever you are around, she fixes her hair, make-up or posture. She gets anxious around you and can't hold still.
- 10She wears revealing clothing around you.She accentuates parts of her body around you by wearing revealing clothing in your presence and adjusting them around you. She smooths out her outfit, fixes her bra, adjusts her top or frequently finds reasons to touch her thighs or legs.
What it Means if Her Legs are Crossed
- 1If her legs are crossed tightly.This usually means she is uninterested and closed off to flirting or romantic advances. This indicates reservation and privacy.
- 2If her legs aren't crossed but her ankles are.This usually indicates anxiety, stress or self-restraint. If her ankles are tucked in close to her body, she may be nervous or simply feel awkward at the time. If they are outstretched and relaxed while pointing at you, it might mean she is attracted to you, yet relaxed in your presence.
- 3If her legs are crossed but her feet are pointing toward you.This indicates that she is interested in you. It usually means you have her attention and she finds you attractive.
- 4If her legs are crossed but her feet are facing away from you, this is an indication that she is not interested in you.If she continues to sit this way around you, it's pretty safe to say she isn't that into you.
- 5If her legs are crossed and one of the foot is pointing toward you and one is pointing away from you.This indicates that while she may be interested in you, she is in a hurry to go somewhere else. She might have something to do or just want to get away.
- 6If her legs are crossed but she is leaning forward.This shows that she is very much into you and whatever you're saying. She is indicating that she has your full attention and is probably seeking more of yours as well.
- 7If her legs are crossed but she is leaning backward.This means she is not trying to be noticed and is disinterested in either who is around or what it being discussed.
- 8If her legs are crossed but she is bouncing one of her legs up and down.This indicates that she is impatient or interested but very nervous. The amount of nervousness, impatience or even boredom may be interpreted by how quickly and randomly she is bouncing her leg.
- 9If she is crossing and uncrossing her legs a lot, she may be sending you a signal to notice her by her movements.It signals that she wants you to see her physique and take note.
- 10If her legs are crossed but she uncrosses them frequently to stretch one or both legs.Slowly crossing and uncrossing a leg to stretch can be intentionally sensual. If she is stretching one or both of her legs towards you, she is likely trying to draw your attention to her and her legs. Pay attention to where her feet are pointed while she is stretching and if she touches her legs a lot when you are looking her way. This indicates she's into you.
If She is in Love With You
- 1She holds your hand whenever she can.Whether she is happy, sad, scared or excited about something, she reaches for your hand and holds it as long as she can.
- 2She snuggles up close to you.She leans over to rest her head on your shoulder or sits on your lap and cozies up to you. She gets close and practically cuddles with you whenever possible.
- 3She hugs you for very long periods of time.She doesn't let go quickly or easily when she hugs you. She holds on to hugs for as long as she can and rubs your back or squeezes you tight before she lets you go.
- 4She kisses you good morning and good night.She kisses you at every opportunity. When you come, when you go, when you wake up and when you go to sleep. She even hugs you for no reason sometimes.
- 5She gets defensive when other girls flirt with you.She gives other girls dirty looks when they talk to you. When she feels threatened by other girls she gets as close to you as she can and tries to shut down any conversation they are trying to start with you.
- 6She smiles when you talk about your relationship.She's constantly smiling at you while you tell stories about how you met or discuss your relationship goals with her. She loves it when you talk about the two of you and sometimes smiles turn into giggles.
- 7She always sits beside you.Wherever you sit, she is right there beside you. Whether you're at a big dinner party or at a bar, she sits close beside you and shows others that you are already taken.
- 8She ignores other guys who check her out.When another guy shows interest in her or checks her out she rolls her eyes, gives them a mean look or walks away with a laugh or with sheer disinterest. Even if her body is facing towards them, she quickly turns away and faces toward you instead.
- 9She kisses you in front of friends.It doesn't matter who is around, she has no problem displaying her affection for you. She kisses you in front of her friends and your friends and doesn't mind if family members see her showing off her man.
- 10She stands next to you and walks around with you at social events.When you both are in public or at a social event, she stays by your side. She doesn't take off with her friends or try and find something more fun to do. She stands beside you or walks around and mingles with you. She shakes hands with the same people you do and introduces herself to friends who stop and speak with you.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Does a girl have some interest in me if she looks at me every time when I don't look at her and always sits close to where I sit; and just the other day, she just decided to help me for no reason, and she is always smiling at me until I notice it?
When I don't look at her, she looks at me until I notice her, always smiling at me. When I was talking to someone else, she looked over at me and was smiling.
It can be flirting, the very romantic feeling: love, or just teasing. At any rate, the best course of action is talking to the person, as all of the signs are showing that at least she is interested in you. Intended proximity, cheerful mood, visual admiration, and altruistic acts often precursors for relationships. You can also watch for subliminal signs: if she directs her toes at you when talking to others in your presence, if she exhales upwards, which means that she is high-spirited, if she changes her pose to yours next to you when you do it, if she opens her legs and arms next to you (crossing them may be sign of desire to be isolated), if she preens herself (adjusts hair, clothes, shoes, skirt, etc.) in your presence, and lifts her eyebrows.
Does she like me or doesn't want me to think that she likes me?
My classmate girl whom I like but she doesn't know my feeling towards her looks the opposite side whenever I look at her. We normal talk to each other on Facebook and she is very friendly to me. I have tried: Nothing I just say Hi to her when she is around the class and she says Hi to me and I try to act friendly so she won't suspect that I like her. I think it was caused by: Nothing I just want your help
The only way to really know would be to ask her out on a date. She has added you to her social media account which means that she views you as an interest in some capacity. Just ask her to hang out with you and friends if you are nervous about a one on one date. Perhaps see if she is going to an event and request to escort her to the function or tag along.
She plays with her bra in front of me does she like me?
She plays with her bra a lot and she shows me her shoulder a lot does she like me if she does that?. I have tried: Only sit beside her and talk to her a lot and giving her attention. I think it was caused by: I don't know
Playing with her bra might mean nothing more than that is a habit that appears when she is nervous. She is talking to you often and responding nicely to your attention so ask her out! You already have a great communication pattern so do not be nervous to ask her out on a date. The worst she can do is say no but if you wait too long then someone else might ask her out and you will lose your chance.
Does she like me or is frightened of me?
Thanks for your help. Looking for some advice here. I had a young lady at work who was I thought interested in me. Can I explain and get your thoughts. I have tried: We have not spoken much, to know and cannot talk now. It all started around January with her coming outside and out of the blue asked about my hobbies. She asked what they were, then came outside again a few days later and asked what I liked about my hobby. I have noticed her stroking her hair behind her ear. Looking at me then looking down when I notice her. Trying to work near or across me. Walking over to me when standing talking to another colleague from work, and not noticing it was her till I walked away. Smiling when I notice her. Standing right next to me when making a cuppa in the canteen and turning to look at me when I was looking at what I was making a cuppa in the canteen, could make her out of the corner of my eye. Staring at me when I went into canteen another time. Standing looking at me when working near by.. I think it was caused by: The problem has come to a head, as she has forgiven several mistakes made by me, one was she thought I winked at her when I had eye problems and was linked to that. Once she found out about this she came around trying to help, and insisting she was not done helping when work was done. Accepting a friend request.
She likes you. It may not be as a love interest but more of a colleague friendship. Next time you make a cuppa in the canteen, make one for her and bring it to her. Ask if she would like to join you doing the hobby that you discussed with her. This will be a way to break the ice and get to know her better. She seemed bothered when you "winked" at her but maybe that is because she does not want anyone to know at work that she is interested in you.
I don't understand her, what does she mean when she blinks her eye on me. I have tried: To be close to her. I think it was caused by: Caused I approached her
Sounds like her eye blinking is a nervous physical response. Strike up a conversation with her and see where that leads you.
If a girl slowly shakes her head to a question, should I be worried?
At times she'll glance sideways, then look back at me and slowly shake her head to an average question.
This depends on the type of question. Some people shake their head to questions that they feel are inappropriate or silly. Do not read too much into it if she continues to speak to you on a regular basis. It is her action of seeking you out that you should notice above all else.
Hi, can you tell me what does it mean if a girl stares at you?
I don't know why a girl stares at guys, I have seen a girl in my class, I have noticed one thing that whenever I am around her she plays with her hair. Well, I think she likes me, but I am not sure about it. One more question, why does she do that, she already has a boyfriend! then also she likes me, she gives some signs of interest, like playing with her hair and staring at me. I have tried: Well I have noticed a thing, whenever she is talking to me she plays with her hair. I think it was caused by: I have no idea, she has a boyfriend then also she likes me, I don't know why!
Just because she has a boyfriend does not mean that she can't find you interesting. Playing with her hair might be a nervous gesture. If you have not expressed an interest in her, then she probably will not approach you. Some people can develop small crushes while in a relationship with someone else. Unless she tells you that she is interested, you can just be pleasant with her and ignore the signals. If you are interested in her, your other option is to tell her that although she has a boyfriend you would like her to know that you are interested in her. The worse that could happen is that she ignores you. No matter what you do, make sure that this does not end up as a regret later on. If you value her friendship then keep your distance romantically.
When a potential date strikes an object that means?
When she strikes an object while looking at you, what is she expecting to happen
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
A family lady friend rubbed her hand slowly up and down on my back when saying hello?
I am 51, she is 67. It was my birthday, lots of people in the room when she arrived and she came up behind me in the doorway and slowly rubbed her hand very sensually (it felt sexy) up and down my back three times as she walked past me into the room. How would you interpret this hand gesture from her? This question relates to mature encounters when possibly it is not about wanting to court a person, but the attraction is still there and there is more complexity in wanting to signal to someone you like that you fancy them. I have tried: We have flirted. She has been eager to socially engage with me sometimes. I think it was caused by: Quite simply there is an attraction which neither of us has pursued fully. But we enjoy entertaining the chemistry of attraction on occasions. That is my instinct.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
I need to know what to say to a woman when hit with a suprise attack?
It would seem like a woman or two show up at unexpected times to certain locations and just sit and watch me from every position. From the front and from the back. I never get to know what they look like in the face until (Boom!) because you never know. And then where do we go, because I know I've never seen these women before in this city, and then I also live at home with my parents. I like sitting on attractive women's laps. But the only time they show up is at a restaurant when people are eating. Which would kind of be a screening mechanism because usually people don't interact to well with each other when they are eating. I have tried: Nothing. On rare occasions I'll talk to random people I don't know. And they'll say there from a random place in Oklahoma, but I have no way of interacting with them at a table. So I don't know what to say to them. I think it was caused by: My reserved and laid back persona. My inability to communicate with people I don't know. I have no idea what caused this.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: maturemilkman, Alma, jacky