Tell Her You Love Her Without Using Words
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
There are many ways that you can tell your wife or girlfriend that you love her, without having to say a single word. This comes in particularly handy if you consider yourself to be the strong, silent type, or if you find expressing your feelings to be a bit awkward.
Express Love in The Form of an Action, Instead of Just Saying so
The following suggestions can help you express love in the form of an action, instead of just saying so. These loving actions are not just for a special occasion, like Valentine's Day or your anniversary. You can also practice these non-verbal ways of telling her that you love her on a daily basis.
- 1Give her a kiss hello when you come home and be sure to kiss her goodbye every time you leave her.This type of close physical attention at every greeting or departure tells her that you really care.Advertisement
- 2Kiss her goodnight every night.This shows a wordless commitment to her and that you want her to feel valued, safe and loved. It also ensures that her last thoughts of anyone, before she falls asleep, are going to be of you.Advertisement
- 3Hold her hand for no reason.Simply take her hand and walk with her. Sit on a couch or park bench and hold her hand. Hold her hand at the movies or at a dinner party. This tells her that you are on her team and that you are proud to be seen with her. Give that hand a little squeeze now and then too, and be sure to squeeze back if she does it first.
- 4Keep up the politeness and courteous etiquette that you practiced with her when you were first dating.Keep on opening doors for her, taking her coat and pulling out her chair at the table. The fact that you are still acting like a gentleman long after you have stopped dating, will let her know that you respect and love her.
- 5Send her flowers for no reason at all.This simply shows her that you are thinking of her and appreciate everything about her. If you really want to impress her, send her flowers every ten days. It is also a good idea to make sure that a bouquet of flowers arrives at her place every Valentine's Day.
- 6Give her a little wink from across the room whenever you are at a large gathering.This tells her that you are on the same team and also appeals to her sense of humor. Ten times out of ten she will wink back and at the very least, you will get a big beaming smile.
- 7Give her a phone call once a day from work, just to tell her that you are thinking of her.This is much more personal than texting her and a way of telling her that you love her, without really having to say those exact words. It is the act of thinking of her while you are at work that communicates the real message that you love her to her.
- 8If you are going to text her, send a heart emoticon, without words.Texting her a simple heart in the middle of the day, will brighten her day and let her know that you are thinking of her.
- 9Leave a little present for her under her pillow.This could be something quite simple such as a little chocolate kiss, a small flower or even a gift certificate to a favorite store. You won't even have to sign it as she will have a good idea of who loved her enough to put it there.
- 10Make a picture of her or both of you as a couple your computer's screen saver or cell phone photo.The fact that a picture of the two of you is the first thing that you want to see when you turn on your computer or your cell phone, affirms to her that you love her.
- 11Make your Facebook relationship status about her is public and that you have many pictures of the two of you up for all to see.A man that is not afraid to tell the world about his girlfriend truly loves her. The man who makes his profile picture a photo of the two of you as a couple is truly telling his partner and the whole world all about his love.
- 12Listen to what she has to say and truly make an attempt to understand her.This is very important to a woman because many women have the experience of being shut down by men when they try to communicate their feelings. A good habit to get into is to acknowledge what she has been saying by repeating what she says after she speaks. This shows her that you love her because you are taking the time to let her express herself and making sure that she knows she is being heard.
- 13Come to her rescue when it comes to accomplishing a difficult task or chore.If you know she is dreading doing something, like painting the basement steps or going into the bank to renegotiate a loan, do it for her. This expresses a real care, and you will earn her eternal gratitude for helping to do the thing she dislikes the most.
- 14Be there for weddings, funerals, Christmas, Easter and any other special holidays or occasions.The man who is at his partner's side to during holidays family events is showing a real commitment to her, without having to say a word. The fact that you are by her side, says it all to her and her family.
- 15If she makes a big mistake in life, don't mention it or berate her for it.This shows your partner that you have unconditional love for her and that you have no interest in making her life more miserable when something terrible has already happened.
- 16Surprise her by pitching in with the housework every now and then.The woman that comes home from work to find that the dishes she was planning on doing are already done knows that you really love her. In fact, there are few sights sexier to a woman than the sight of a man vacuuming or doing the laundry.
- 17Make her dinner or breakfast in bed.Do this even if you are a lousy cook. It is the thought that really counts here as feeding someone is a very loving act.
- 18Brush her hair or paint her toenails.When a man performs an act of grooming for a woman, it denotes the presence of a very loving unspoken bond.
- 19Run her a hot bubble bath after she has had a hard day at work.This is an intimate and very thoughtful act that shows her that you love her and that you have concern for her when she has too much stress.
- 20If she is argumentative, insulting or does something that you find a bit unfair, simply let it go.Everybody is human, makes mistakes and experiences bad moods. Recognizing this is part of extending unconditional love to your partner.
- 21Stick by her if she gets sick, goes bankrupt or has a bad accident.Nothing says I love you like sticking with a person through the long haul, no matter how bad it gets.
- 22Laugh at her jokes.Even if she is the worst impressionist ever, or tells outdated jokes, manage a laugh. This is a way of coddling her that tells her that you love her very much.
- 23Always be reciprocal with her love.If she smiles at you, smile at her back. If she kisses you, kiss her back. Acknowledging that she cares for you by mirroring her behavior, tells her that you love her.
- 24Treat her to a day at the spa.This says I love you because it shows that you are thinking about her physical health and that you wish her to be beautiful and well.
- 25Whisk her away for a romantic holiday every now and then.This shows her that you love her because you care enough to spend some private quality time with her.
- 26Let go of her so that she can go and do her thing when required.Sometimes saying I love you is letting your partner explore a creative or educational opportunity or allowing them to meet new people so that they can somehow grow. Giving your partner space to grow when they need it is a grand way of saying I love you without words.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure that the thing that you are doing that conveys your love for her is not actually something that might create more work or anxiety for her in the long run, such as buying her a high-maintenance pet
- If you find yourself having a bad disagreement, find the strength to drop your ego and leave the room rather than risk a scenario where the two of you are unloving to each other
- While it is important to like her jokes, it is important to laugh with her and not at her, as scorn is not part of a loving message to your partner
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna