Talk with your girlfriend's mom to date her daughter
Edited by Innocent Yogo, Lynn, Eng, Rose B and 17 others
Everyone wishes to have very successful relationships in their lives. To achieve this, you need to have good relationship with your partner's relatives and friends. Your girlfriend's mom should be a very important person in your life, just as she is in her daughter's life. She will definitely affect your relationship in one way or another; therefore you need to develop a good rapport with her from the very beginning. This article will give you some really good advice on how to communicate with your girlfriend's mother and to talk to her about dating her daughter.
Most mothers want to know who their daughter is meeting, dating, friends with or spending time with. If you really want to date this girl, there are a few things you can do to facilitate the situation to ensure mom and dad, as well as your new love, are all on the same page. One of those things is to talk to Mom and ask if it's acceptable to her that you date her daughter. It's an old-fashioned courtesy that Mom is going to appreciate. Here's how to get that Mom seal of approval.
- 1 Steps to Speaking to Your Girlfriends Mother
- 2 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 What's the right thing to say to your girlfriend's mom to tell her that you love her daughter?
- 3.2 Is it OK for your girlfriend to ask you about your plans toward her?
- 3.3 How do you let your girlfriend's mother know you love her daughter?
- 3.4 How to ask a mom for her daughters hand in dating?
- 3.5 How to tell a parent you want to date their daughter?
- 3.6 Nice things to say to your girlfriends mother in a text?
- 3.7 What to say to introduce yourself to your girlfriends mom?
- 3.8 Something sweet to tell her parents so they'll let you date their daughter?
- 3.9 What to say to your girlfriend's mum when you talk?
- 3.10 Tomorrow I have a meeting with my girlfriend's mom for first time.
- 3.11 Proper way to ask my girlfriend's father for his daughter's hand in marriage?
- 3.12 Please, give me a sample greeting for my future mother-in-law. I need your help my friend?
- 3.13 I really like this girl and I have had a chance with her before. I just want to get her back, but her mother won't let me.
- 3.14 I want to tell her mother, that I want to date her.
- 3.15 I asked my boyfriend to ask my mom's permission to go out with me and make it official.
- 3.16 Sorry, now I let me know how to ask permission from my love boy's parents?
- 3.17 Sir, I am from India and I'm in a sensitive relationship.
- 4 Comments
Steps to Speaking to Your Girlfriends Mother
- 1Talk to your girlfriend first.Before you talk to her mom, your girlfriend should be aware your plans. She should be the one to help you decide how to meet her mother. When you discuss your intentions of meeting her mother, you can come to an agreement on how to plan everything. You can also ask your girlfriend about her mother, what she likes, her hobbies and her career, among other things. This will give you a glimpse of the kind of person she is. You'll know a lot about her, even before meeting her. This will give you more confidence when you meet her, and have that talk with her.Advertisement
- 2The next step, after talking to your girlfriend about meeting her mother, is to plan for that meeting.You need to know the date and time of the meeting as well as the place. You can decide to go to her home or invite her for lunch or dinner to your place or restaurant. The restaurant is probably a better choice as your place might make her feel at a disadvantage. This stage is crucial because her mother will be able to guess if you are responsible enough for her daughter, depending on how you manage your time. During that day, you should be able to keep time to prove that you can manage your time well.Advertisement
- 3Be presentable β to get her approval.Mothers are very sensitive when it comes to the protection they feel for their daughters. They always want the best for them. Therefore, you should dress appropriately as the man that makes her proud he's with her daughter. First impressions are critical. Your outfit should be neat and well thought out. You should avoid shabby casual clothes. You should be well groomed.
- 4Be prepared for a session of questions and answers.You can think of the possible questions you may be asked during this session, and consider your responses so you have them at your fingertips. This will avoid long pauses while you are still thinking of an answer. This Q and A is mandatory for any meeting like this, as a mother will want to know all about you before she will trust you with her daughter. She may ask about your career, education, family and background, among other things. You can also find out from your girlfriend the questions her mother might ask you.
- 5You need to be confident, while gaining her confidence.Just relax and stop being nervous. If you relax, you will have a better chance at a good and memorable conversation with your girlfriend's mother. The fact that her daughter loves you, and accepted the offer to talk to her mother should be enough to give you the confidence you need. You should not worry so much about what you will say. Don't try to memorize some lengthy speech. You can have few things in mind, but it won't sound rehearsed if it isn't. Relax and talk to her just as you would talk to your own mother.
- 6Talk as you would if it were your family.If you are quiet, without saying much, then you will find yourself in an awkward situation that will embarrass your girlfriend, her mother and even yourself. You can start by introducing yourself. You can also talk about your career, hobbies, and future plans when asked. Create a good atmosphere for conversation so you can learn more about her mother as well. The three of you can share a lot about yourselves and family background.
- 7Praise your girlfriend in front of her mother.You should praise her and let her mother know how much you love her. You can talk about how you met and started your relationship with her. Avoid talking about anything physical as it may make her mother uncomfortable. Even if she's fairly open, it's way too soon. Don't just praise her appearance, but talk about her character, intelligence and sense of humor as well.
- 8Let her mother know about your plans to take the relationship to the next level.This will give her a clear indication that you are serious about her daughter. This is the point where you can also ask for her opinion on the same, and you will know if she approves of it or not. Even from the non-verbal cues, you will be able to understand her, but don't be too judgmental, as it's only your first meeting. She may seem to have some resentment toward you, but you need to understand that she loves her daughter, and wants the best for her. Try not to take it personally and feel hurt at that moment. You need to give her time to get to know you.
- 9Thank her for the opportunity at the end of the meeting.You need to thank your girlfriend and her mother for taking the time to talk to you. You should feel grateful her mother met with you, and made the attempt to know you better. It also demonstrates the respect you have for her mother, which will earn you respect in share with you as everyone is always busy, and it will earn you respect in return.
- 10Bid her farewell in an appropriate manner.When you are about to leave, you can say goodbye with a hug, a handshake, and a smile. This will show your love and warmth for the family. It is also a sign of respect with many cultures. You might want to check with your girlfriend about what would be expected in her family.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- It is important to switch off your mobile phone during the meeting, especially it's a dinner meeting. Aside from the fact you might get an embarrassing call, it's just plain rude.
- Be polite and maintain good table manners when you are meeting her for dinner.
- Avoid excessive small talk, as you may not be taken seriously
Questions and Answers
What's the right thing to say to your girlfriend's mom to tell her that you love her daughter?
You do not need to plan what you are going to say to your girlfriend's mom. If you truly love your girlfriend, you should speak to her mother and be courageous as well as honest about your feelings. You will be sound scripted, if you are going to plan what you are going to say. If you plan everything, and rehearse a speech, your girlfriend's mother will think you are insincere, and not true with your feelings for her daughter. Be natural and think that you are only talking with a friend.
Before conversing with her mother, analyze her attitude. Some mothers are traditional and some are jolly, like teenagers. If her mother is stern, then you should be formal, but stay natural as you speak to her. If her mother is more easygoing, then you have less to worry about. You will probably have a great conversation with her. So, remember to be natural, and don't be nervous.
Don't anticipate, or get stuck in your head. Speak the truth that comes from your heart. Let her know how you really feel toward her daughter, and express it in actions as well as words.
Is it OK for your girlfriend to ask you about your plans toward her?
Of course it's okay for her to ask. Most girls want to know where the relationship will lead. Knowing what her boyfriend plans for her, will give her the time to think of her own plans for the future. Both people in the relationship should make the plans, because the future belongs to both of them. Many women, understandably, want assurance, so guys should not be surprised when their girlfriends ask about this. You should have a ready answer, in case your girlfriend does ask, perhaps by considering yourself, where the relationship is going. You may be okay winging your romance, but your girlfriend may have other plans, or at least want other plans.
Yes, it really is fine. You'll probably be asked the same question by her mother. so consider it a practice run.
How do you let your girlfriend's mother know you love her daughter?
In some instances she will eventually see it.
There are lots of ways to let her mother know that you love her daughter, but each situation is unique. You have your own way of showing your love, and letting your girlfriends mom know how much you love her daughter. Just remember, actions speak louder than words. Show emotional support for her daughter. Hold her daughter's hand for no other reason than just to feel connected. Treat her daughter with honor and respect.
Simply demonstrate in every way possible that you do love and care a lot ofor her daughter. Be gentle, caring, loving, and most of all always make her daughter happy.
How to ask a mom for her daughters hand in dating?
The best way to ask her mom for her daughter's hand is to just ask truthfully with honest intentions towards her daughter. Each and every time you confront or ask your girlfriend's mom, or either of her parents, you must be always polite. First, explain to her mom that you are sincerely and madly in-love with her daughter, then while asking her mom's permission, you should look into the eyes of her mom and let her judge by your eyes that you are serious, Promise her mom that you will take care of her daughter.
First and for most, be polite, and thoughtful regarding any topic of conversation with her mother. Be true to yourself; show her mother that you really love her daughter through actions and not just words. And just be simple but serious while asking her mom for her daughter's hand, or permission to date.
How to tell a parent you want to date their daughter?
If you would like to ask her parents if you can date their daughter, just be simple and honest when you talk to them and ask them. Greet them nicely. Take your time. Introduce yourself if they don't know who you are. Don't forget to smile. If they ask why you've came to their house, tell them you would like to ask their permission to take their daughter on a date. Then tell them that you will bring their daughter home early and also tell them that you will ensure them that their daughter will be safe with you.
Be simple, polite and true with her parents while asking their permission to go on a date with their daughter. Explain your intentions regarding their daughter. Smile. Look into their eyes when you speak to them.
Here are some ways and words you can do or say if you want to date their daughter:
- When you see them, greet them nicely and introduce yourself.
- Use nice words.
- Your intention must be pure, so they can trust their daughter to you.
- Parents will always worry that their daughter is in danger, so you must be honest about your intentions.
- Tell them the truth.
- Tell them why you want to date their daughter.
- Just be yourself.
- Don't impress the girl's parents with a lie, or embellishments.
- You must be humble and simple.
Nice things to say to your girlfriends mother in a text?
In text, you need to be even more polite when communicating with your girlfriend's mom. Text lacks the nuances of eye contact, body language and tone of voice that indicates your intentions, in the way a face to face meeting does. Perhaps you just want to say hello, something like this:
"Hi, Good Day Ma'am" (it would be nice if you already know her name.) or "Hello, Good Day to you. How are you?" There are lots of things you can discuss or things you can say to make your message to her interesting, and to get her attention. Nice things like inviting her for a coffee, lunch, dinner etc. And the last line of your text could be "God Speed or God Bless".
There are certainly many nice things you can say to your girlfriend's mom through text, but if you are just trying to ask her about health, day, etc., then you can simply test her like this: Hi Ma'am, a very pleasant day to you. How are you? God bless you and you're family. Well the last sentence doesn't have to be about God, especially if you know her family is not particularly religious. Whatever you finish with, make it polite.
What to say to introduce yourself to your girlfriends mom?
Introducing yourself to your girlfriend's mom is quite difficult if you are nervous or afraid of her mom. "Hello, Good Evening Ma'am, I'm Juan dela Cruz. It would be my pleasure to know your name Ma'am". At first you really need to be formal and polite since it is your girlfriend's mother. Hello, good evening, good night, are all polite salutations. Now you have to figure out what you're going to do next, to keep her interested in you.
Even though she knows your name already, introduce yourself with a greeting of the day (morning, afternoon or evening) followed by your name. Refer to her as Ma'am or Mrs. or Ms. her last name.
Something sweet to tell her parents so they'll let you date their daughter?
If you are thinking of saying something sweet to her parents, first try being a man and honestly telling them your real motives regarding their daughter. Depending on how you tell them, it could be sweet words for them, but make them sincere, so they will know you are a trustworthy person, and they can trust their daughter to you.
Be direct. "Sir and Ma'am, may I ask your permission to have a dinner with your beautiful, intelligent daughter?"
What to say to your girlfriend's mum when you talk?
You just have to say nice and good things, don't say any bad words, bad words are giving you a minus points from your girlfriend's mom, so if you want to date your girlfriend and ask permission from her mom, ask in a nice way like "Good afternoon Mrs. Rose (Last name of your girlfriend's mom), I'm here to formally ask you to have your permission that I would like to date your daughter."
Just be nice and always use those respectful words to her mom (not only to her mom, but also to others). Show that you are nice, and a good person. The most important thing is just be yourself. If her mom sees that you are deserving to date her daughter, you have nothing to worry about.
Tomorrow I have a meeting with my girlfriend's mom for first time.
How should I talk with my girlfriends mom?
Compile questions of things you know you and her mother have in common, by asking your girlfriend what her mother's interests are and researching them. This comes in handy when the conversation lulls. A good icebreaker is to ask about how your girlfriend was as a child. Mothers love discussing their children and you and she have your girlfriend in common.
Proper way to ask my girlfriend's father for his daughter's hand in marriage?
Arrange a formal meeting with her father. Start the conversation by explaining how much his daughter means to you and how you notice that he has raised her to be a wonderful woman. Assure her father that you are stable and live a balanced life, and with his blessing, you would like to share your life with his daughter.
Please, give me a sample greeting for my future mother-in-law. I need your help my friend?
Because I don't know how to create it
Dear Mrs. Quinney, I am looking forward to meeting you this Thursday. You are a wonderful example of a virtuous woman for your daughter. I have made plans for us to meet at (the place) and please let me know if you need anything to make our meeting more comfortable for you.
Sincerely, Your Name
I really like this girl and I have had a chance with her before. I just want to get her back, but her mother won't let me.
Help me to win her back, because I really love her.
If you really love her, just be truthful and have a good conversion with her and try to gift your girlfriend's mom with a small present that she'll like for example her favorite coffee in the morning. Arrange a meeting with her mother and ask what it is that is preventing her from allowing you to date her daughter and assure her mother that you will be working to resolve those issues, because your love for her daughter is so deep.
I want to tell her mother, that I want to date her.
What is the best way to approach her mother with this?
Ask your girlfriend to make plans for all of you to meet. Bring the mother flowers or a small gift that your girlfriend told you she would like. Follow the steps in this article and everything should go smoothly. Good luck!
I asked my boyfriend to ask my mom's permission to go out with me and make it official.
I don't know. He said, "All right babe. When is she coming? My mom travels a lot
If your mother travels frequently, your boyfriend is probably waiting for you to help him arrange a time to ask for permission to date you. He did ask you when she is coming, so let him know, and if nothing else give him your mother's contact details.
Sorry, now I let me know how to ask permission from my love boy's parents?
Need to ask permission from my boy lover's mom. I have tried: I told his sis about his close relationship. I think it was caused by: I don't know what to do, so please help me
If you have an interest in their son, write them a note requesting a meeting. Suggest a date and time along with the location. During the meeting with them, lay out how you would like to court their son. Be ready to answer any personal questions they may have, no matter how personal. They will also want to know what intentions you have regarding this relationship. You may also want to have your parents involved, if this is a normal practice in your culture.
Sir, I am from India and I'm in a sensitive relationship.
Sir, I love a girl so much. We are in love and her mother found out yesterday. Today, I am going to talk with her on phone. She had a love image of my mother's sister's family, how to approach and get her acceptance. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: My lover was caught red handed by her mom.
The best thing to do would be to show your girlfriend's mother how much you love her daughter. Perhaps explain your future plans and goals with her mother to prove that you are going to do the best you can to provide for her daughter. Your sneaking around was not the best way to approach a relationship with her family so you will need to be as upfront as possible with her mother. Apologize for disrespecting her by your sneaky behavior with her daughter. Tell her that you wish to show her respect from now on.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Alex G. Alvarez, abhishek jaiswal, Jen M