Take a screen snapshot on the Samsung Galaxy
Edited by Anonymous, Reema, Lynn, Eng and 1 other
There are two possible Methods to take a screen shot on a Samsung Galaxy phone. You can use the special Samsung method using a "Palm Swipe" gesture. (Sounds complicated but it is not once you get the hang of it) Or you can use the built-in method available in any Android based phone (of which Samsung is one). The Android method is prone to errors. See my screenshot of getting the volume control by accident using this method. For this reason if you own a Samsung phone I recommend the first set of instructions. However if you just want a once off picture without changing any settings, skip down to the instructions for any Android device.
How to take a screen snapshot on Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note2 or Note3 using Palm Swipe
- 1Open "Settings".Advertisement
- 2Top on "Motion".(Scroll way down)Advertisement
- 4To take a screenshot, simply hold your hand like you are about to do a karate chop and swipe the screen from left to right (or right to left works too).
How to take a screenshot on the Galaxy S4, S3 or Note2 or any Android version 4+ device
This works on all Android devices, 4 or up, but it is awkward and can often mess up screen snapshots. For example, if you press the power button slightly before the home button, a power off will come up, and will get into your screen snapshot. I personally have a Samsung Galaxy Note2 and the power and volume buttons are awkwardly opposite of each other, inviting all kinds of problems. When I did a test to write this wiki, I ended up hitting the volume button and the volume menu got into my screen snapshot, which of course is undesirable. Regardless here is how you do it:
- 1Press the "Home" and "Power" buttons at the same time.Advertisement
- 2Hold them until you hear the camera click sound, indicating the screenshot has been taken.Advertisement
This picture screenshot shows the blunder where my volume button was accidentally pressed. It's probably the worst feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note2.
For your convenience we have recorded these instructions in a video. You can watch this video to help clarify the instructions in this Wiki. Please keep in mind that the Wiki is always being updated, so the Wiki instructions may be more up to date than the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blV8CNesSPg
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- I recommend using the palm method if you have a Samsung Galaxy Device.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Reema