Sync an Outlook Email Account to Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng, Alone Zeesha and 11 others
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to sync an Outlook email account to a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Sync an Outlook Email Account to the Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 I don't see my previous emails in my inbox, how to see that?
- 3.2 I can't configure my Outlook mail, can you suggest anything?
- 3.3 I do have a Microsoft Account & also an Outlook Official mail address?
- 3.4 I have two Lumia 535 with different accounts. The Outlook account password is correct but it is not up to date, why?
- 3.5 Mail is not sending since yesterday morning?
- 3.6 Unable to log in my Outlook in phone?
- 3.7 I have an Outlook account, but don't know how to sync the contacts and email?
- 3.8 I need to add my company email to the phone?
- 3.9 My mobile is always out of work whenever I turn it to WiFi and the internet, all the app delete themselves like WhatsApp, Skype?
- 3.10 Suddenly I found the linked inbox in mobile and now its creating problem while refreshing or syncing for the mail updating?
- 3.11 How to copy contacts from Microsoft account to Google account?
- 3.12 Email syncing on Nokia Lumia 650 is not working?
- 3.13 Can't access OneDrive from my Lumia 635?
- 4 Referencing this Article
- 5 Comments
- 7On the next screen, you will see Microsoft accounts with an email address underneath it if you already have an account setup.If you do not see this, and you only see add an account then that is what you need to do. You can either add an existing account or you can create a new account. If you have a Hotmail account, Outlook account, or even an Xbox account then you can add that.
- 10We have the option just above that to download email from the last 7 days.Tap on that to change it to download email from the last 3 days, 2 weeks, the last month, or anytime. So you have the option to import and download all of your emails, the complete bulk of emails from your entire history. You can download them if you need to. If you don't you might just want to download the last few from the last few days.
- 20Next, we have a vibrate option.Would you like your phone to vibrate? I think we'd all like that, so select that by clicking on the check box. That means you will just have a little bit more options to hear your phone if you receive an email. No longer to miss or to not notice an important email has arrived in your inbox. So now we want to cover all the bases and make sure that you are aware of it.
- 23So this concludes our tutorial on how to sync an Outlook email account to a Microsoft Lumia 535.If you have another form of email account, you are going to need to sync that individually using an individual program, and we'll have videos about them in the section of this website. So you can search for them, and hopefully, they can help you out. If you have any other questions or suggestions, you can leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye.
Video: Sync an Outlook Email Account to the Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
I don't see my previous emails in my inbox, how to see that?
Lumia 535, I don't see my previous emails in my inbox, how to see that
Please follow the tutorial and select the appropriate option in step 10 to synchronize your past email messages with your Lumia 535. You can set Lumia up to import email messages for any period of time. Alternatively, just perform the following: tap on "settings", tap on "email + account", tap on the account. tap the email update frequency, and tap on the timespan for imported messages. The last step is important for you to get all of the old messages.
I can't configure my Outlook mail, can you suggest anything?
I can't configure my Outlook mail, can you suggest anything
To help you further, specifics are needed. To setup the Outlook account on Android, you install the app and then login using your Microsoft Account/Outlook address that you have previously setup on the PC. The calendar app for Outlook and the email app will then sync with your PC account. You can configure your settings from the app by pressing the gear symbol in the upper right-hand corner. There are options for view preference, notifications, and calendar settings.
I do have a Microsoft Account & also an Outlook Official mail address?
I would like to sync my Mobile Phone contacts with the Official Outlook Email
Outlook Support has created a Help Page for troubleshooting syncing issues. The contacts work best if added to your Outlook Calendar. Then when you sync, the contacts will be added to your phone contact list.
I have two Lumia 535 with different accounts. The Outlook account password is correct but it is not up to date, why?
Both has an issue with Outlook account since three days. I could not download anything from the store. My password is correct, when I go to reset the password a message appears that temporary service problem try later, now how could I access my account or remove this account from my Lumia 535. Regards. I have tried: I have tried to reset the password from PC but the Outlook service is temporary, not available. I followed the steps to reset the Outlook sync but still problem exist, refreshed the phone by restarting. I think it was caused by: I think there is no problem with my phone but Outlook.com got some technical problem due to which it couldn't identify user
I had the same issue. I called Microsoft Support at 1 (877) 568-2495. It was a security block that was preventing me from using the new password and during the call, Microsoft fixed it. Apparently, after 72 hours the block would have been lifted normally but there was a glitch in releasing my account.
Mail is not sending since yesterday morning?
Please let me know the server number of Windows phone (Lumia-535). bay420/181 which is correct for Outlook. I have tried: I have tried several times, and also changed server number. But it is not working still
Delete the email settings, reboot your phone and try again. Make sure that the date and time settings on your phone are correct. Then install the email app and set it up. If you are continuing to experience problems, check to see if there is an update for the Windows OS available for your device.
Unable to log in my Outlook in phone?
Unable to log in my Outlook in the phone. I have tried: Enter password. I think it was caused by: Yes
- 1Login into the Security Page for Outlook.You will be prompted to verify with a code sent to your mobile device. Make sure it is current in your account settings before sending the code.Advertisement
- 2Once you input the code, the settings will appear.Check the Two Step Verification section. This would prevent you from signing in on a mobile device if it is enabled.
- 3Reboot your phone to start a sync with Outlook and then log in to the account.You should also setup your mobile phone as a trusted device in the security options.
I have an Outlook account, but don't know how to sync the contacts and email?
We cannot connect to blu404-m.Hotmail.com at the moment, make sure you have a connection, then go to your mail account and tap sync again. error code 80072EFD Here are the top five solutions for error code 80072EFD:
- 1Reboot your phone by powering it off and on again.
- 2Toggle off Mobile Data, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.Do the same for WiFi.
- 3Remove the email account and input it again from fresh.
- 4Login to the Hotmail/Microsoft Account online and remove your phone from the trusted devices list.
- 5Update your Windows OS on the phone.
I need to add my company email to the phone?
I need to add my company email to phone
If they are using a specific Microsoft Exchange server then you will need to get that info from the IT department of your company. Then you would set up the email and go to the Advanced options to put in the IMAP/POP3 information specific to that email configuration.
My mobile is always out of work whenever I turn it to WiFi and the internet, all the app delete themselves like WhatsApp, Skype?
Whenever I turn my Lumia 535 on the internet, all apps delete itself. I have tried: Nothing, asking for help. I think it was caused by: Due to my illiteracy
Are you choosing a path to install all apps to SD card? This will occur on phones when users do this because the SDcard they have/the app is not setup to work that way. Check your WiFi settings and then your application manager settings. If you have the apps set to just open when on mobile data this can happen. For WiFi, settings like Keep WiFi ON during sleep can cause an interference. If the problem persists then hard reset the Nokia Lumia 535.
Regarding the unlink inbox and I need solutions on how I operate only Google mail on my phone. I have tried: I have tried to uninstall other accounts like Microsoft but it is not happening. I think it was caused by: I think it happened because of button touched sometimes wrongly.
Completely uninstall both apps/email accounts. Then log in on the PC to the accounts and reset all of your settings. Start from fresh to see if the syncing gets corrected. If not then you will just have to use two separate apps for the email accounts. I had the same issue where I would add both accounts to the main email yet one or the other would randomly stop working. Finally, I just downloaded their apps and have had no issues. Sometimes there can be server errors when they conflict with the other email.
How to copy contacts from Microsoft account to Google account?
How to copy contacts from Microsoft account to Google account
- 1Login to your Google Contacts on the PC.
- 2On the left-hand side there is a menu.Choose More and then Import.
- 3You will then put the Microsoft email account in a box and log in.
- 4Once you have done all the agree checkpoints, the account contacts will merge.
- 5You will see a notice of duplication if a contact is already in your Google Account.
- 6Sync the Google Account on your phone once you have finished the process.Keep in mind that if you are importing a large number of contact the sync can take up to 24 hours.Advertisement
Email syncing on Nokia Lumia 650 is not working?
Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 650 and my exchange Activesync account will not sync emails but my mail app says up to date. I have tried: Re-adding the account, changing time and date. I think it was caused by: No idea.
Update your Nokia Lumia 650 to Windows 10. If you have already done this, then try syncing from the PC to your phone instead of just the phone. Install the new Outlook email and Calendar apps and repin them. This has been a frustrating issue for many. Some reported that after several times of deleting emails to clear storage, then deleting accounts and adding them back finally proved successful.
Can't access OneDrive from my Lumia 635?
When I click on OneDrive from the start screen, after a few seconds, the start screen comes back. without loading my OneDrive folders. I have tried: I made sure syncing is turned on from photos >- settings -> manage Onedrive upload -> camera upload -> ON. I think it was caused by: I noticed the problem when I recently switched to the MS account on the PC that the phone is synced to.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Sync an Outlook Email Account to the Microsoft Lumia 535. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Sync_an_Outlook_Email_Account_to_the_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Sync an Outlook Email Account to the Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Sync_an_Outlook_Email_Account_to_the_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Sync an Outlook Email Account to the Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Sync_an_Outlook_Email_Account_to_the_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Maria, Souparna Hui, MK