Survive Military Combat Training (MCT)
Edited by Jonathan, Eng, Lynn, Charmed and 1 other
Military combat training is an essential element in the operations of the major armed forces and their special sections: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. And also the special military forces like the Army Rangers, the Green Berets and the SEALS. Although there are scenarios in the military wherein long range weapons are more of the norm, military combat wherein the fighting is more close range is still a reality in some situations.
To survive military combat training, these are the elements which you should learn and tips to think about:
- 1Most basic training. When weapon or knife-aided combat is not possible, this is the survival mode and is not advisable in actual combat because fighting with bare hands is like playing Russian roulette.Hand-to hand combat training.Advertisement
- 2Knife fighting skillsAdvertisement
- 3Improvised weapons training
- 4If you want to learn combat techniques which you cannot get from military training, from a private practitioner.Widowmaker Razing skills for military applications.
- 5When an opponent is up close and is armed with a gun or a knife, it is most essential that one learn a close quarter technique. MCT might teach basic skills, but private MCT will give a student a better dosage of life survival techniques in close encounters. One of the best close quarter martial arts is Krav Maga which roughly means "close quarter fighting" in literal Hebrew. It is designed for defense against opponents with a gun or a knife. Derived from fighting techniques of Jewish gangs in Czechoslovakia in the 1930s, it was later adopted and perfected by the Israeli security forces. The end purpose of Krav Maga is to end an encounter quickly and then, if necessary, brutally and fatally.Close quarter neutralization techniques.
- 6The military does not really have secret techniques.Civilian training is just as effective, if not more effective than military training.
- 7These different units are basically going to teach the same fighting techniques.Military Combat Training of one category of armed forces is not more superior or more effective than the MCT of other armed forces.
- 8It is very difficult to kill with bare hands. So, if you can kill the enemy with a firearm, it should be quick and efficient.The basic purpose of MCT is to kill the enemy as quickly as possible.
- 9Rather, cooperation is a must.Each military branch crosses in terms of special operations, so do not think of the other military branches as competition in terms of MCT.
- 10You should be able to survive six to 12 weeks of hell.
- 11It is a necessity. You will not just get fired, as if you are in a civilian job. Disobeying in MCT can send you to jail.Disobedience in MCT is not an option.
- 12Like being awakened brutally in the wee hours of the morning, working overtime with no additional pay. Do tasks that you never expected to do. Be deployed in places where you will never dream of being a tourist.In MCT, there are many things that you will do that you will not like to do.
- 13They do not particularly enjoy seeing the MCT participants bawl out in pain or pant like dogs in a running drill. Their role is to get you out of your civilian shell and metamorphosized into a physically fit and dedicated member of the Armed Forces.The technical instructor and the drill instructor are basically nice folks.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Survive Military Combat Training (MCT). (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Survive_Military_Combat_Training_(MCT)
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Survive Military Combat Training (MCT)." VisiHow, visihow.com/Survive_Military_Combat_Training_(MCT) Accessed 22 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Survive Military Combat Training (MCT)." Accessed Jun 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Survive_Military_Combat_Training_(MCT).
Categories : Military
Recent edits by: Charmed, Lynn, Eng