Successfully go through with a divorce
Edited by Ephraim, Eng
No one ever wants to think about divorcing but it is real and a lot of people go through the process. Most people do not understand how to go about making it through this process so here are some steps and advice to help along the way if you unfortunately find yourself in a situation such as this one.
- 1The first thing you will need to determine is whether or not you are sure that you want to leave your marriage fully.If you are unsure that you want to leave your marriage then stop reading and go and fix your marriage, you will need to know without a doubt that you want to leave your marriage and that it cannot be fixed. If you continue on further through these instructions while not knowing that you want to leave for sure then it can damage any chance of rekindling the relationship so step one is to know that you want to do this because once you start there is no more looking back afterwards. Also you will need to know that it is the marriage that may be causing stress and there is no way of fixing the issue between you and your partner.Advertisement
- 2Once you have decided that you want to get a divorce and leave the marriage behind you will need to start preparing to be on your own.In this step you will need to gather money to prepare yourself to be living alone, meaning you will need to also get your living arrangements in order for yourself if you are staying in the home or are the one who is moving out. While also getting your affairs in order you will need to break up all accounts with your partner involving money and etc. As you break all ties with money with your partner you will need to gain your own individual accounts for yourself to prepare yourself in the future. Also if there are kids involved you will also need to plan on exactly where the kids will live and custody rights if necessary.Advertisement
- 3When you have established yourself the right way to be on your own, make sure to keep yourself focused on what you need to focus on at the time just minus your partner.Continue working as usual and if needed put in extra time into your work to keep yourself focused during this difficult time you will be going through. A lot of people fail in this area of staying focused which will cause them to revert back to their failed marriage because they feel that they will rather be in the failing marriage to live alone. The first couple of months for a person going through a divorce will be the hardest few months to get through so focus is the key word in the process to successfully keep yourself from reverting back to where you are trying to escape.
- 4A good way to also keep yourself focused is to either get a new hobby or pick up an old hobby.The kind of hobby that it is does not matter the only thing that matters is that the hobby is enjoyable and is able to take your mind off of the situation at hand. Hobbies can also open up new doors depending on how much time you put into it, the hobby can also prove to be something that will take you to a new level from new job, meeting new people and possibly finding a partner with your same interests.
- 5During your time of going through the divorce you will need the help and support of you family and friends.They will probably not always understand your reasoning behind wanting to get a divorce or may not even always agree but they will indeed be there for you in your time of trouble. Having a supportive group of people can make the transition through the divorce process than going through the process alone so take advantage of your support. Do not believe that you will be better without support than with it because in reality it will not be true; a lot of people try to go about it on their own and brings their chances of success down by not taking advantage of their help system.
- 6During the divorce process it is important to ensure that you do not have contact with your partner during the time due to the fact that anything said in private can be used against you in court during the preceding.The termination of contact can result in a better case not only for one party but for both, continue communication can result in arguments and threats which will harm the offending party during the divorce process. If contact is made regardless then all conversations should be respectful and should only refer to what was told is appropriate talk by your lawyer in the case. In a nutshell if you can refrain from all contact do so as it will better your chances in being successful through the divorce process.Advertisement
These tips will help any person going through a divorce to be successful in their attempt, just ensure that these steps are followed as if not can result in either a bad divorce case or cause a person to go back to the relationship that they wanted to so badly get out of in the first place. The most important thing in this process to start off is to ensure that getting a divorce is the thing that you actually want to do for sure, not just a temporary get away from your partner but a permanent solution and if you are not looking for a permanent separation from your partner then divorce is not the way that you will want to go and instead a solution for you will be to go through counseling before making the choice to be permanently separated from your partner.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Marriage
Recent edits by: Ephraim