Stretch Your Eyelashes With Mascara and Unscented Baby Powder vs Cotton Balls
Edited by Donna, Eng, Doug Collins
Stretching your eyelashes involves using powders and fibers that are then coated with lengthening mascara in order to make them look much longer. Here are some ways to stretch your eyelashes using ingredients you have at home. If you are doing this properly you can get results that look as dramatic as if you were wearing false eyelashes. However, thickening you eyelashes by stretching them is far less cumbersome and toxic then gluing false eyelashes to your eyelids.
Method 1: With Mascara and Unscented Baby Powder
This works because the fibers in the mascara will cling to little particles of baby powder thus physically increasing the volume and length of your eyelashes. Note that the main ingredient in Unscented Baby Powder is corn starch, so you can use corn starch in place of the unscented baby powder in this lash lengthening recipe.
Method 2: With Mascara and Cotton Balls
In this recipe, cotton balls are used to drag fibers through your natural lashes and then colored with mascara to stretch them out to look longer.
- 2It is best that you use a smaller comb with wider stiff comb-like bristles. Twirling the mascara comb gets the most cotton on it. The top of the comb should look thick and furry, like it has been coated in cobwebs.Drag a cotton ball through the bristles of a mascara comb until it is coated with strands of cotton fiber.
- 4It is good to use a mascara that has a wand that looks like a comb as that helps straighten out the fibers and cling to your lash tips. Good brands of mascara to use that have well defined mascara combs are Sisley Mascara So Intense and Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara, and Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Cat Eyes MascaraApply two coats of mascara to your curled eyelashes with a volumizing fibrous mascara.
- 6At this point your lashes should be much longer. Some people like to wait another fifteen minutes before they apply a third coat. However, be aware that if you apply a third coat that you could end up with crooked looking lashes.Apply a second coat of mascara over the cotton fibers, and let them dry.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure that you use unscented baby powder on your lashes as the unscented type if very irritating on most people's eyes.
- Your results will be much less effective if your clamp down too hard on your lashes creating a jutting right angle, aim for a gentle curve instead
- Do not clamp down so hard on the lash that you end up breaking it
- When using powders and fibers coated with mascara to stretch your lash length it is a good idea to carry a tissue with a bit of Witch Hazel on it as homemade lash lengtheners do tend to drop crumbs or flecks on your cheek skin
- If you wear contact lenses these homemade lash lengthening techniques may not be for you
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna