Strengthen Your Diaphragm for Singing
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng, Inukshuk and 1 other
You're watching VisiHow. This is a video tutorial series on how to sing. In the previous tutorial, we discussed how to breathe through your mouth and nose when singing. In this video tutorial, we're going to teach you how to strengthen your diaphragm to increase the endurance and stamina of your voice while singing.
- 1In order to have better control and build endurance, we need to learn to control our diaphragm by properly working with our abdominal muscles.Abdominal muscles help to sustain the sound while holding the breath with the diaphragm. In other tutorial, we talk about how important the diaphragm is for singing.Advertisement
- 4Inhale through the nose or mouth so that you feel the air drawing down into the diaphragm.We can expand the ribcage and the diaphragm. Now, take a breath through your nose and hold the breath. You want to contract your abdominal muscles as well as your oblique muscles so that the breath is held in place with a strong support system. Your diaphragm, obliques, and abdominal muscles should feel tight. This way, there will not be any air escaping. Using this technique, you will be able to control continuing phrasing without relaxing your diaphragm better. This is very important when singing.
- 5The abdominal muscles must be tensed with your breath and diaphragm at the same time.There are several different exercises that you can do in order to strengthen the abdominal muscles, so that you can breathe using your diaphragm. One example is to inhale while counting to four and exhale while counting to eight. When you complete this exercise, maintain proper abdominal support by tightening your abdominal muscles around your diaphragm.
- 6You need to have an easy airflow and a consistent flow of air when you exhale.Try to evenly release all of the air that you have inhaled during the eight-count exhale. This way, you will have better control and voice quality when you are singing.Advertisement
Please make sure to view our next tutorial on how to use movable do when singing. This has been a video tutorial on how to strengthen your diaphragm for singing. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
Video: Effectively Use Your Diaphragm for Singing
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, Eng, VisiHow