Stream Videos From Samsung Galaxy S3 to Xbox 360
Edited by Adrian Penaflor, Lynn, Eng, Maria and 7 others
Looking at pictures or watching videos on your phone isn't so bad, but it's definitely a lot better on a big screen. You can quickly and easily stream content such as pictures, music and videos from your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your Xbox 360 using the AllShare Play and Xbox Smartglass apps. You can also browse the web, interact with your movies and music, navigate your Xbox 360 and access tons of features using your phone.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Tips Tricks & Warnings
3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 I can't connect... All share is now Samsung link and I have that and smart glass open, but I don't get the icon to connect... I stumbled on this feature accidentally while watching Netflix on my Xbox, but now can't seem to do it purposely?
- 3.2 Linking Samsung S3 to Xbox 360?
- 3.3 After update my S3 doesn't let me connect anymore?
- 3.4 How can I mirror my screen from my Android device to my Xbox 360?
- 3.5 How do I download Showbox on my Xbox 360?
- 3.6 Can I stream videos from my Galaxy Note4 to my Xbox 360?
- 3.7 I can't find AllShare on the market. Is there any other app compatible that can DL?
- 3.8 I'm after info about connecting a Galaxy ace 3 not an S3?
- 4 Comments
- 1Get Ready.Advertisement
- Go to your Xbox 360 dashboard and then go to the "Settings" tab.
- Go to "System".
- And then go to "Console Settings".
- Go to "Connect Devices".
- Make sure "Xbox SmartGlass Apps" and "Play To" are ON.
- Go to back to the Dashboard Home and your Xbox is ready.
- Now, use your Samsung Galaxy S3 and go to the Google App Store.
- Search for the "AllShare Play" app and install it on your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.
- Make sure the app is fully updated.
- Next, search for the "Xbox Smartglass" app and install it on your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.
- Open the app and it will automatically connect to your Xbox. You should see something like this on your Xbox:
- 2Stream Pictures from your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your (Xbox) TV.Advertisement
- Now on your Samsung Galaxy S3, go to the Gallery.
- Open a picture and then tap the
- The picture will now appear on the Xbox screen. You change the picture and it will also change on the Xbox screen.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Update your AllShare Play and Xbox SmartGlass app.
- Only one phone at a time can connect to the Xbox.
- To disable streaming on your Xbox, just go to Dashboard > Settings > System > Console Settings > Connect Devices > Turn Off SmartGlass and Play To.
Questions and Answers
I can't connect... All share is now Samsung link and I have that and smart glass open, but I don't get the icon to connect... I stumbled on this feature accidentally while watching Netflix on my Xbox, but now can't seem to do it purposely
- 1Make sure the DNLA is enabled on both the Xbox 360 and the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- 2Under Wireless and Network More Settings on the S3, File Sharing needs to be enabled.
- 3Make sure that the phone and game console are both connected to the same WiFi connection such as Home1 for both.
- 4Often restarting the system triggers the new connection.Restart the Xbox.Advertisement
Linking Samsung S3 to Xbox 360?
Trying to watch movies from my phone to my 360
Do the following to watch movies from your S3 to your Xbox 360:
- Go to your Xbox 360 dashboard
- Go to Settings
- Go to System
- Go to Console Settings
- Go to Connect Devices
- Turn on Xbox SmartGlass Apps and Play To
- On your S3, go to your app store
- Search and install the app called AllShare play, if you already have this app, make sure it is updated
- Search and download the app called Xbox Smartglass app
- Open the app and it will connect to your Xbox
- It will now show you:
Now, open your Video Player.
Open a video.
Tap the icon again.
NOTE: You can pause, stop, play, and skip the video using your phone.
After update my S3 doesn't let me connect anymore?
After update my S3 doesn't let me connect anymore.
If you have recently updated your Samsung Galaxy S3, Then the application might need to be updated too. You must ensure always the updated version of AllShare Play in your phone to avoid error connection. Also try to check if you have connected it properly.
From what I have been able to find, it appears this is a problem that they are working on fixing. The best thing you can do is go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ go down to schedule a repair and select request service. Just follow the options provided to send a support request. I am sure others have done it as well. The more people that do it the faster they may fix it with an update.
How can I mirror my screen from my Android device to my Xbox 360?
Question is self-explanatory. I want to view my phone screen on my TV through my Xbox 360. Viewing pictures, videos, and music is easy enough so simply mirroring the screen should work as well through some app right?
You can follow the tutorials on this page to learn how to stream from your Android device to the Xbox 360. Since you did not list what type of device you have, I recommend checking out the iMediashare suggestion in one of the answers. You can stream to the Xbox 360, Smart TV and PlayStation consoles with this app.
How do I download Showbox on my Xbox 360?
Please explain in full detail.
You do not download Showbox onto the Xbox 360. You install it first using the Showbox APK on your Android Device. Then you would get a streaming app such as one of the ones recommended on this page. Connect the Android device to the Xbox 360 using the streaming app such as AllShare or iMediaShare and then stream Showbox to the Xbox 360.
Can I stream videos from my Galaxy Note4 to my Xbox 360?
I have movies on my phone but I would like to watch them on my Xbox is this possible?
While possible, there may be lots of buffering. You would need a compatible app such as imediashare first. Then make sure the DNLA settings are turned on for the Xbox 360 and you have both devices connected to the same WiFi network.
Is Xbox smartglass the netball I need?. I have tried: No apps. I think it was caused by: I'm not sure maybe an app I have.
Look up streaming apps in Google Play. There are a variety of them. You will need one to be able to stream to the Xbox 360. The SmartGlass Media Center is what will allow the communication from the Android device to the console.
I'm after info about connecting a Galaxy ace 3 not an S3?
Connect my Galaxy ace 3 mobile to my Xbox 360 please As long as your device has the capability to screen mirror/cast then you can follow the same process outlined in the article on this page.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: drevis, Shelley, Dougie-1