Stop and Reverse Testosterone Hair Loss
Edited by Donna, vc, Eng, Maria
In both men and women, testosterone hair loss could have paid attention when I first guy occurs when hair follicles when the body overproduces testosterone and does not make enough estrogen. When there is too much testosterone in the body it converts to an active form called DHT and it is this active form of the hormone that actually kills hair follicles by latching onto them slowly and preventing them from growing new strands.
The Causes of Testosterone Hair Loss
Conditions that cause testosterone hair loss are:
- Normal aging in which both male and female bodies naturally begin to produce less hormones
- Heredity, which scan determine at what age your body stops producing estrogen and begins producing a great deal of DHT
- Perimenopause and menopause that lowers estrogen levels in women and then causes an overproduction of testosterone
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease in women) that causes the female endocrine system to produce less estrogen and produce much more testosterone, leading to an overproduction of DHT, which causes balding
- Stress that causes an overproduction of cortisol, which in turn causes an overproduction of testosterone and DHT
- Metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance and Type II diabetes that affect the endocrine system and hormone level
By Taking Supplements To Manage Testosterone Production
- 2It is especially effective in instances where the testosterone overproduction is caused by prostate issues or diseases. Women can also try taking Saw Palmetto but the action of this palm leaf extract is more effective for men.If you are a man, taking 500 mg of Saw Palmetto can help stop DHT production that is provoked by hormonal imbalances.Advertisement
By Changing Your Diet to Help Manage the Effects of Testosterone
- 1Orange fruits and vegetables contain the most Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene which helps keep helps the hair follicles produce sebum. An over-production of testosterone blocks healthy sebum production. Beta-carotene helps the hair form keratin, which supports the healthy regrowth of new hair. Carrots, sweet potatoes, mangoes and oranges are rich sources of Vitamin A.Eat orange colored fruits and vegetables twice a day.Advertisement
- 7'Also known as vitamin B9, folate is found in foods that contain heme sources of iron and folate including liver, lamb, chicken, beef and turkey. Vegan sources that are not as rich include beets, broccoli, asparagus, avocados, spinach and oranges. The iron in the animal sources helps the circulatory system bring nutrients to the scalp.Add more animal-based foods that contain folate and iron to your diet.
By Making Lifestyle Changes to Help Balance Testosterone Levels
- 4These hormones in water disrupt the hormonal balance of your body and cause reactions that increase testosterone levels. Stay hydrated by drinking at least eight 8-ounce glasses of distilled or spring water a day.Avoid drinking tap water, which often contains chemicals, lead and hormones from discarded medicines and agricultural practices.
- 7Brew a pot of nettle tea and then let it cool. Pour it into a squeeze bottle and keep it in the shower with you. Use it as a hair rinse when necessary. Nettles are a natural blocker of the excess DHT that is produced when testosterone levels are out of whack.Rinse your hair with nettle tea every day.
- 13Chemicals of all kinds disrupt the normal production of hormone and speed up the production of DHT on the scalp. Damaged follicles will grow very thin hair or stop growing it at all.Do not chemically over process your hair with chemicals by dying, bleaching, perming or straightening it.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Birth control pills can cause testosterone levels to rise in some women and cause hair loss but in general it increases estrogen which is helpful; requesting that you be put on a different type of pill may help balance your hormones again
- If you are female and taking bio-identical hormone therapy then you might experience hair loss due to taking DHEA, a hormone that also has the ability to increase testosterone levels and allow DHA to accumulate on the scalp; lessening the dose may help and stopping taking it may completely solve the problem
- Thyroid medications can cause a rise in cortisol levels in some individuals, which in turn causes an elevation in testosterone production; ask your doctor if this can be adjusted so that hair loss does not happen
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Stop and Reverse Testosterone Hair Loss. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Stop_and_Reverse_Testosterone_Hair_Loss
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Stop and Reverse Testosterone Hair Loss." VisiHow, visihow.com/Stop_and_Reverse_Testosterone_Hair_Loss Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Stop and Reverse Testosterone Hair Loss." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Stop_and_Reverse_Testosterone_Hair_Loss.
Categories : Hair Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, vc, Donna