Stop and Reverse Hair Loss with Seaweed Using Algae Extract vs Channeled Wrack vs Hijiki ... and 4 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Sera, niko94 and 1 other
Most varieties of seaweed, found in abundance in and along the shores of the world's oceans and seas, can be added to the diet to stop hair loss and regrow hair. All varieties of seaweed contain essential amino acid, minerals, and vitamins that help address such common causes of hair thinning and balding such as:
- an excess production of testosterone that in turn causes the overproduction of a hair-growth halting hormone called DHT
- inadequate nutrition due to dieting or a metabolic disorder
- stress from situational, emotional or physical problems
- side-effects from hormonal therapy or medication
- bacterial and fungal infections of the scalp
- hereditary factors
However, there are some seaweed varieties are especially known and recommended for stopping hair shedding, hair thinning and balding.
Method 1: Using Algae Extract
Algae extract is a liquid hair loss supplement that is made from the blue-green algae that sits on the sun-soaked top of the ocean waves. Depending on the brand and where it is made, algae extract may contain brown seaweed, green seaweed, and red seaweed. The seaweed sold to eat or to be processed in supplements is usually collected from waters in the North East Atlantic and also off the shores of Australia New Zealand, Japan, China and both coasts of the United States and Canada.
Algae extract stops hair loss and regrows hair because it is:
- Rich in many minerals, including selenium, magnesium, and copper, which helps unblock hair follicles that may be clogged by flakes or scalp fungus.
- Rich in iodine, which revs up the efficiency of the thyroid and prevents hair thinning due to perimenopause and hypothyroidism
- A good source of essential fatty acids, which helps give hair its tensile strength so that it does not break off at the root
- A full protein that helps support the growth of strong hair strands that are rooted firmly in healthy scalp follicles
- Full of immune-boosting micronutrients that help reduce hair loss due to scalp inflammation.
- 1 How to Use Algae Extract To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 2 How to Use Channeled Wrack to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 3 How to Use Hijiki to Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 4 How to Use Kelp To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 5 How To Use Kombu To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 6 How To Use Nori to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 7 How To Use Thongweed to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 8 Tips and Tricks
- 9 Questions and Answers
- 10 Comments
How to Use Algae Extract To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 1You can buy Algae extract in any health food store. As it is a food, it is non-toxic but do not overdo it if you suffer from high blood pressure or if your doctor told you to avoid sodium.Take one full dropper of Algae Extract three times a day.Advertisement
Method 2: Using Channeled Wrack
This crispy, yellow to brown seaweed contains powerful antioxidants that help reduce hair loss.
Channeled Wrack halts hair loss and stimulates the growth of new hair because it is:
- An ample source of vitamin E, which is profoundly restorative to hair follicles damaged by wearing hair in tight hairstyles and scalp fungus.
- A natural inhibitor of DHT, the sex hormone that blocks hair growth and that is triggered by endocrine system balances such as low estrogen and high testosterone. *A seaweed with a full amino acid profile and helps supply hair with the protein it needs to grow long, strong and thick.
- A very rich source of natural iodine that helps support the thyroid and that in turn helps compromised hair follicles grow new hair.
- A great source of soluble fiber that helps detoxify the intestines and contribute to a healthier gut, which in turn, also helps the body dispose of excess DHT that might be contributing to thinning hair and balding.
- A low glycemic food that slows down the ingestion of sugars that may cause high blood sugar, hormone imbalances, and hair loss issues.
How to Use Channeled Wrack to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
Method 3: Using Hijiki
Hijiki seaweed is a long brown, stringy seaweed that is sold in clumps. It is sometimes called Hiziki.
Hijiki stops and reverses hair loss because it is:
- An efficient diuretic that helps detoxify the kidneys, liver and adrenal gland, thus preventing the over-production the hormones cortisol and DHT, which in turn can cause hair loss
- Very rich in iodine, which supports the thyroid and prevents hair loss that is the result of metabolic disorders such as Type II Diabetes and Hashimoto's Disease
- A generous source of magnesium and calcium in a balance that helps reduce hair loss caused by anxiety and physical stress
- An excellent source of soluble fiber that absorbs toxins from the intestines, thus helping regulate hormone disruptions that can cause hair loss
- Very high in Vitamin K, which helps the body absorb minerals and Vitamin C, which is essential for reducing scalp inflammation
How to Use Hijiki to Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 1Soak the dried form of this seaweed in water overnight, drain and add vinegar and then serve it has a side dish.
Method 4: Using Kelp
Kelp is technically a brown algae that is very healthy for the entire body but is known especially to be very healthy for the hair.
Kelp halts hair loss and encourages new hair growth because it is:
- A hair growth remedy that contains a special constituent called laminaria angustata, which makes hair follicles healthier and fattens hair strands and makes hair look thicker
- A source of vanadium, a mineral that many people are short on that helps balance the blood sugar disorders, such as Type II Diabetes, that can cause hair loss
- A source of many vitamins essential for scalp health and hair growth including A, B1, and E
- A great source of bioavailable Vitamin C and Vitamin K, that helps the body absorb and use iron more efficiently, which in turn boosts hair growth.
- Stocked with all of the minerals needed to build healthy strands of hair including iron, sodium, phosphorus and calcium
- A good source of vegan vitamin D, essential for the general health of the hair follicles so that they do not shrink due to aging, infection or hormonal-related issues
- A great source of iodine, which helps regulate thyroid hormone levels and prevent hair loss due to endocrine gland disorders
- A whole raw vegan source of protein, which benefits hair because hair is made of protein
- A nourishing source of potassium, which keeps the vascular and circulatory systems in good working order and helps those systems nurture and maintain hair follicles
How to Use Kelp To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
Method 5: Using Kombu
Kombu is a bright, green shiny seaweed that is sometimes sold as Kumbu. It is often sold in jars as strips.
Kombu arrests hair loss and encourages new hair growth because it is:
- Very rich in iodine and supportive of the thyroid, which helps address hair loss caused by low thyroid function
- Very purifying for the liver and the kidneys, which in turn, helps the scalp detoxify itself so that hair follicles can grow new hair
- Rich in the mineral iron that helps the blood nourish hair follicles and keep them healthy enough to hold onto hair strands
- Very high in the mineral zinc, which is a natural DHT blocker and helps mitigate hair thinning and hair loss caused by hormonal imbalances
- Very high in magnesium, which helps reduce hair fall out caused by stress
- Rich in vitamins B and C, which help clear up clogged hair follicles and prevent inflammation that shrinks hair follicles
How To Use Kombu To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
Method 6: Using Nori
Nori is a flat, green sheet of seaweed that is also known as Zicai. It tastes mildly salty.
Nori prevents hair loss and helps hair grow again because it is:
- A very low glycemic food that helps lower blood sugar and prevents hair loss due to metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance and Type II Diabetes
- A potent diuretic that can help people suffering from hormonal disruptions such as menopause dispose of the excess DHT that might be building up in hair follicles a sabotaging hair growth
- A powerful cleanser of the liver and kidneys, that supports adrenal function, reduces cortisol and prevents the body from producing the DHT that causes baldness
- High in iodine, which helps support the thyroid and regulate hormones
- A high fiber food that is also a probiotic and that can help maintain gut health, which in turn helps the boy rid itself of hormones that can cause hair loss
How To Use Nori to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
Method 7: Using Thongweed
Thongweed is a long, brown stringy sea vegetable that is also known as sea thong, buttonweed or sea spaghetti.
Thongweed stops hair loss and encourages new hair growth because it is:
- A very rich source of iodine that helps reduce hair loss by supporting the function of the thyroid
- A very rich source of natural fiber that helps keep your digestive system healthy, which in turn prevents the endocrine system issues that can cause hair loss
- A great source of bio-peptides, which helps balance the flora in the gut so that all systems in the body operate with great efficiency
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which helps grow long, thick glossy locks
- Very rich in zinc, a mineral that is a natural DHT blocker and that helps prevent hair loss due to hormonal imbalances
- An ample source of vitamins A and E, which helps heal scalps damaged from hair traction, dying and over processing
- A very rich sources of potassium, which keeps the entire body alkaline, and has an overall anti-aging effect on the scalp
How To Use Thongweed to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
Tips and Tricks
- There have been very few reports of people ever being allergic to seaweed, so it is a safe hair loss solution for people who want to regrow their hair naturally but know that they are allergic to many herbs
- Avoid buying seaweed from coastal areas that might be polluted with arsenic or other toxins by buying product that is certified as organic consuming seaweed
Questions and Answers
I am looking for the purest source of seaweed and where to find it?
Could you recommend the best areas to get various types of seaweed from? Meaning where it's grown? At the end, you mention that it's important to use the seaweeds grown in places that are less likely to be exposed to heavy pollutants. Can you clarify where those places might be? Thanks. I have tried: Fucoidan by Swanson - very low amounts of mg and want to try higher ones. I think it was caused by: Very little knowledge of different types available, plus wanting to know of the safest waters to get it from?
Any type of seaweed is safe to eat as long as it comes from a part of the world where it is less likely to be contaminated. According to Danish Scientist, professor Ole G. Mouritsen, the safest seaweed to eat come from the North Atlantic coasts in Canada, Scotland, Norway and Iceland. Recommended types of seaweed, that are found or grown in North Atlantic waters and that are recommended for supplementary or culinary uses are dulse, sea lettuce, bladder wrack, sugar kelp and seaweed. Avoid wild gathering Sargassum from the North Atlantic as it can contain arsenic, which can cause cancer.
Does it actually help against male pattern baldness?
Hello Donna, do you have reports from men who state that a seaweed rich nutrition stopped their baldness?. Best, Niko. I have not found an answer in the article. My whole dad's family is full of bald men. They are coming from a poor family where emotions and feelings had to be suppressed to strive for an academic career and get income. I heard that this social aspect is found in many bald men, who suppress emotions and aim for performance. Can a diet that influence my genes? I have tried: Living gluten free, leaving out sugar and white bread, stop eating processed foods. I think it was caused by: As mentioned before, I believe in the social aspect causing hair loss in my family.
Hi there, Niko. This is an excellent two-pronged question. that addresses two important factors in hair loss: genetics and stress. First of all, if you have genetic baldness, meaning that your scalp produces an excess of testosterone, which in turn produces DHT, taking seaweed will only temporarily reverse and stall the balding or delay it from becoming the worst-case scenario. That is because the constituents in seaweed damp down the naturally escalating production of testosterone that is causing the hair loss in the first place. Taking seaweed is just one of the things that you can do to keep your hair as long as possible.
Second of all, the stress of poverty, family pressure and keeping your feelings suppressed has a physical effect. Poverty can cause a disruption in diet, and eating a diet high in fat, sugar, and sodium can provoke your adrenal glands to produce more cortisol, which in turn triggers the pituitary gland to produce more estrogen and then, on top of that, more DHT. The DHT literally clogs your scalp pores and kills the hair root. A similar thing happens when you become upset because of a family issue or walk around with constant anger. Your body overproduces the cortisol and hair loss is the result. Removing yourself from the people that are making you feel angry or excitable is your best course of action for preventing this very natural and automatic interaction of brain chemicals.