Stop and Reverse Hair Loss with Seaweed Using Algae Extract vs Channeled Wrack vs Hijiki ... and 4 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Anonymous
Most varieties of seaweed, found in abundance in and along the shores of the world's oceans and seas, can be added to the diet to stop hair loss and regrow hair. All varieties of seaweed contain essential amino acid, minerals and vitamins that help address such common causes of hair thinning and balding such as:
- an excess production of testosterone that in turn causes the overproduction of a hair-growth halting hormone called DHT
- inadequate nutrition due to dieting or a metabolic disorder
- stress from situational, emotional or physical problems
- side-effects from hormonal therapy or medication
- bacterial and fungal infections of the scalp
- hereditary factors
However, there are some seaweed varieties are especially known and recommended for stopping hair shedding, hair thinning and balding.
Method 1: Using Algae Extract
Algae extract is a liquid hair loss supplement that is made from the blue-green algae that sits on the sun soaked top of the ocean waves. Depending on the brand and where it is made, algae extract may contain brown seaweed, green seaweed and red seaweed. The seaweed sold to eat or to be processed in supplements is usually collected from waters in the North East Atlantic and also off the shores of Australia New Zealand, Japan, China and both coasts of the United States and Canada.
Algae extract stops hair loss and regrows hair because it is:
- Rich in many minerals, including selenium, magnesium and copper, which helps unblock hair follicles that may be clogged by flakes or scalp fungus.
- Rich in iodine, which revs up the efficiency of the thyroid and prevents hair thinning due to perimenopause and hypothyroidism
- A good source of essential fatty acids, which helps give hair its tensile strength so that it does not break off at the root
- A full protein that helps support the growth of strong hair strands that are rooted firmly in healthy scalp follicles
- Full of immune-boosting micronutrients that help reduce hair loss due to scalp inflammation.
- 1 How to Use Algae Extract To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 2 How to Use Channeled Wrack to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 3 How to Use Hijiki to Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 4 How to Use Kelp To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 5 How To Use Kombu To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 6 How To Use Nori to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 7 How To Use Thongweed to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 8 Tips and Tricks
- 9 Comments
How to Use Algae Extract To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 1Take one full dropper of Algae Extract three times a day.You can buy Algae extract in any health food store. As it is a food, it is non-toxic but do not overdo it if you suffer from high blood pressure or if your doctor told you to avoid sodium.Advertisement
Method 2: Using Channeled Wrack
This crispy, yellow to brown seaweed contains powerful antioxidants that help reduce hair loss.
Channeled Wrack halts hair loss and stimulates the growth of new hair because it is:
- An ample source of vitamin E, which is profoundly restorative to hair follicles damaged by wearing hair in tight hairstyles and scalp fungus.
- A natural inhibitor of DHT, the sex hormone that blocks hair growth and that is triggered by endocrine system balances such as low estrogen and high testosterone. *A seaweed with a full amino acid profile and helps supply hair with the protein it needs to grow long, strong and thick.
- A very rich source of natural iodine that helps support the thyroid and that in turn helps compromised hair follicles grow new hair.
- A great source of soluble fiber that helps detoxify the intestines and contribute to a healthier gut, which in turn, also helps the body dispose of excess DHT that might be contributing to thinning hair and balding.
- A low glycemic food that slows down the ingestion of sugars that may cause high blood sugar, hormone imbalances and hair loss issues.
How to Use Channeled Wrack to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 2Crumble it until it is flaky and sprinkle it on pizza, pastas and other foods.
- 3Crush it up in a coffee grinder or food processor and use it as an iodine rich salt substitute.
- 4Soak it in water overnight, chop it finely and add it to salads.
- 5Take it three times a day in capsules as a supplement.
Method 3: Using Hijiki
Hijiki seaweed is a long brown, stringy seaweed that is sold in clumps. It is sometimes called Hiziki.
Hijiki stops and reverses hair loss because it is:
- An efficient diuretic that helps detoxify the kidneys, liver and adrenal gland, thus preventing the over-production the hormones cortisol and DHT, which in turn can cause hair loss
- Very rich in iodine, which supports the thyroid and prevents hair loss that is the result of metabolic disorders such as Type II Diabetes and Hashimoto's Disease
- A generous source of magnesium and calcium in a balance that helps reduce hair loss caused by anxiety and physical stress
- An excellent source of soluble fibre that absorbs toxins from the intestines, thus helping regulate hormone disruptions that can cause hair loss
- Very high in Vitamin K, which helps the body absorb minerals and Vitamin C, which is essential for reducing scalp inflammation
How to Use Hijiki to Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 1Soak the dried form of this seaweed in water overnight, drain and add vinegar and then serve it has a side dish.Advertisement
- 2Use it as a vegetable by adding a handful of dried Hijiki seaweed to soups or stews.
- 3Crumble it up into tiny pieces and add to the pot when you are cooking rice to boost its nutrition.
Method 4: Using Kelp
Kelp is technically a brown algae that is very healthy for the entire body, but is known especially to be very healthy for the hair.
Kelp halts hair loss and encourages new hair growth because it is:
- A hair growth remedy that contains a special constituent called laminaria angustata, which makes hair follicles healthier and fattens hair strands and makes hair look thicker
- A source of vanadium, a mineral that many people are short on that helps balance the blood sugar disorders, such as Type II Diabetes, that can cause hair loss
- A source of many vitamins essential for scalp health and hair growth including A, B1, and E
- A great source of bioavailable Vitamin C and Vitamin K, that helps the body absorb and use iron more efficiently, which in turn boosts hair growth.
- Stocked with all of the minerals needed to build healthy strands of hair including iron, sodium, phosphorus and calcium
- A good source of vegan vitamin D, essential for the general health of the hair follicles so that they do not shrink due to aging, infection or hormonal-related issues
- A great source of iodine, which helps regulate thyroid hormone levels and prevent hair loss due to endocrine gland disorders
- A whole raw vegan source of protein, which benefits hair because hair is made of protein
- A nourishing source of potassium, which keeps the vascular and circulatory systems in good working order and helps those systems nurture and maintain hair follicles
How to Use Kelp To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 2Shred it into soups and stews.
- 3Crumble it to use on salads.
- 4Use it powdered as a salt substitute.
- 5Use it powdered as a seasoning for popcorn, kale chips and other home-made snack.
- 6Consume it in a capsule or pill in supplement form.
- 7Mix the powdered supplement form into green smoothies, green juices and tomato juice.
Method 5: Using Kombu
Kombu is a bright, green shiny seaweed that is sometimes sold as Kumbu. It is often sold in jars as strips.
Kombu arrests hair loss and encourages new hair growth because it is:
- Very rich in iodine and supportive of the thyroid, which helps address hair loss caused by low thyroid function
- Very purifying for the liver and the kidneys, which in turn, helps the scalp detoxify itself so that hair follicles can grow new hair
- Rich in the mineral iron that helps the blood nourish hair follicles and keep them healthy enough to hold on to hair strands
- Very high in the mineral zinc, which is a natural DHT blocker and helps mitigate hair thinning and hair loss caused by hormonal imbalances
- Very high in magnesium, which helps reduce hair fall out caused by stress
- Rich in vitamins B and C, which help clear up clogged hair follicles and prevent inflammation that shrinks hair follicles
How To Use Kombu To Stop And Reverse Hair Loss
- 1Use it as an ingredient in sushi and sashimi dishes.
- 2Add the dried form of it to salads.
- 4Soak it in vinegar and eat it as a condiment.
- 5Crush it up and use it as a salt substitute.
Method 6: Using Nori
Nori is a flat, green sheet of seaweed that is also known as Zicai. It tastes mildly salty.
Nori prevents hair loss and helps hair grow again because it is:
- A very low glycemic food that helps lower blood sugar and prevent hair loss due to metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance and Type II Diabetes
- A potent diuretic that can help people suffering from hormonal disruptions such as menopause dispose of the excess DHT that might be building up in hair follicles an sabotaging hair growth
- A powerful cleanser of the liver and kidneys, that supports adrenal function, reduces cortisol and prevents the body from producing the DHT that causes baldness
- High in iodine, which helps support the thyroid and regulate hormones
- A high fiber food that is also a probiotic and that can help maintain gut health, which in turn helps the boy rid itself of hormones that can cause hair loss
How To Use Nori to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 2Crush it with a rolling pin or in your hands and use it as a topping for salads.
- 3Shred it and crumble on pizza as a topping.
- 4Add it to pasta sauces instead of salt.
- 5Add ripped up pieces to soups and stews.
- 6Crushed it in a grinder with sesame seeds to make a salt substitute that supports hair growth.
Method 7: Using Thongweed
Thongweed is a long, brown stringy sea vegetable that is also known as sea thong, buttonweed or sea spaghetti.
Thongweed stops hair loss and encourages new hair growth because it is:
- A very rich source of iodine that helps reduce hair loss by supporting the function of the thyroid
- A very rich source of natural fibre that helps keep your digestive system healthy, which in turn prevents the endocrine system issues that can cause hair loss
- A great source of bio-peptides, which helps balance the flora in the gut so that all systems in the body operate with great efficiency
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which helps grow long, thick glossy locks
- Very rich in zinc, a mineral that is a natural DHT blocker and that helps prevent hair loss due to hormonal imbalances
- An ample source of vitamins A and E, which helps heal scalps damaged from hair traction, dying and over processing
- A very rich sources of potassium, which keeps the entire body alkaline, and has an overall anti-aging effect on the scalp
How To Use Thongweed to Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 1Serve it on its own by soaking it in water overnight and then sprinkle with sesame seeds on top
- 2Add it to fresh salads as a sea vegetable ingredient
- 3Use it to stuff the inside of lettuce rolls or rice paper rolls
- 4Use it as a substitute for pasta by soaking it in water overnight, warming the noodles in a frying pan and serving it with pasta sauce.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- There have been very few reports of people ever being allergic to seaweed, so it is a safe hair loss solution for people who want to regrow their hair naturally but know that they are allergic to many herbs
- Avoid buying seaweed from coastal areas that might be polluted with arsenic or other toxins by buying product that is certified as organic consuming seaweed
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.