Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Eng, Ephraim and 2 others
You wake up in the middle of the night, and feel frightened because you hear this grunting and snorting noise? Sounds like a BIG bear, but no, it's your mate! Yes, we all snore at times, but some more than others. Snoring can lead to daytime fatigue, irritability and health problems. So why do people snore? Snoring may occur, when a person has too much throat and nasal tissue, and you can't move air freely through your throat and mouth. people snore when they have sinus problems and are overweight.Snoring could also mean that a person has sleep apnea.
This is a sleep obstruction, which can cause the person to wake up choking, because they aren't breathing properly in their sleep. This is very dangerous, and a person should seek medical help. What are some ways we can prevent snoring?
When suffering from a snoring issue chances are that you are that you are the only person who is getting the right amount of sleep at night. You as the snorer will be keeping other people up while you are sleeping peacefully at night which can prove to be a problem to others who are trying to get some sleep in your home. There are different ways that you can in fact tackle this issue of your snoring as long as you are willing to help yourself in the process. Below are a number of steps and tips that can help relieve your snoring habit that you are displaying daily in your home.
What To Not Consume
There are a number of things that you will need to consider in order for you to help aid your snoring issues that you are facing at night in order to help make not only yourself but other comfortable. These tips and steps are to be taken seriously for they can in fact help you best at eliminating your snoring habits that you are facing every day and every night.
- 1Alcohol is something that needs to be avoided when trying to eliminate your snoring habit at night, consuming alcohol will in fact increase not only the volume but also the chances of snoring while sleep.Advertisement
- 2SO your best option is to stay away from sleeping pills before going to bed at night. It is hard for some people to go to sleep without sleeping pills but understand that while it may take you longer to fall asleep it will add comfort to others whom are trying to sleep around you at night.Sleeping pills are not to be used before going to sleep for these pills in fact can help to increase the chances of you snoring at night.Advertisement
- 3Coffee is another drink that should be avoided while trying to kick the snoring habit for the night or in the future.
- 4By eating foods high in fats before going to bed this can in fact cause your snoring habit to heighten so stay away from heavy foods before going to bed at night
- 5IF taking any type of medication that was prescribed by a doctor and it is making you snore ask your doctor if there are any alternatives so that you can in fact help aid your snoring issue.
- 6Understand that alcohol and other types of medication relaxes your throat which in turn cause you to snore more often than other times.
Medicine to help your issue
When it comes to snoring there are in fact a number of medications that you can take in order to help you to eliminate your snoring problem. All of the medications that are specifically designed to stop the snoring work but understand that some can be of some type of harm to you if not used properly or if used with other medications. So before taking these types of medications talk to your doctor. Below are a list f types of medications that you can in fact take in order to help aid your snoring habit at night.
- 1These decongestants can be taken by either a capsule or can be taken as a liquid depending on which option is comfortable to you in your situation. Taking these medicines can prove to help but after a short period of time they can prove to be an issue to your health.Nasal decongestants can help to aid your snoring at night and can be purchased over the counter at any type of pharmacy that you can reach at the time.Advertisement
- 2This option is more effective when you are snoring due to allergies or any other type sickness that you are going through at the time.Gargling peppermint mouth wash before going to bed can help your snoring for this will shrink the lining in your nose and throat causing your snoring to be eliminated for the night.
- 3Frequently wash your clothes, pillows and sheets in order to relieve stuffiness in your room which can help you to breathe better at night when you are sleeping and in turn can help to limit your snoring at night.
- 4Nasal strips can in fact shrink the passage in your nose in order to help eliminate the passage that leads to snoring at night.Nasal strips work for some people and not for other but would hurt to try in order to see if you are one of the people who can use them for an advantage against snoring at night.
Snoring occurs when your nasal passages and also throat are so relaxed that air can flow through these passages without a problem but by doing exercises you can in fact tighten up these passages. Below are the exercises that need to be performed along with the ways to practice these exercises daily.
- 1Stick our tongue to its full extension and then let it lay there comfortably on your lips for this will help to tighten the passages in your nose.Advertisement
- 2Stick out your tongue and touch your chin if it can be done or at least as close to your chin as possible in order to help you to successfully touch your chin properly.
- 3Perform a smile and do your best to hold your smile at its most widen position in order to help strengthen the throat passage and also your nose passage.
- 4Let out a loud scream or any type of noise for at least 5 seconds with once breath in order to help strengthen your throat glands so that they close up in order to prevent snoring.
Methods to sleep
The way that you sleep can also contribute to your snoring issue that you are having so by helping yourself in your sleeping position or methods you will be able to successfully eliminate your snoring for the night. These simple tips and steps can be performed with ease for it will just be a matter of changing up the way that you are sleeping which will not cost you any amount of money at all.
- 1This will in fact prove to be of great help not only in the snoring process but also in feeling comfortable while sleeping.Lay pillows underneath your back if you are a person whom sleeps on their back for this will help to open up the air war which in turn will cause you not to snore at night.
- 2Sleeping on your side will help you to stop snoring because your tongue will lay against your throats passage way eliminating the chance of you snoring for the air way will be closed up for your time that you are sleeping.
- 3You will not need to purchase a special kind of mouth piece but any type of mouth piece that resembles the mouth piece that sports player wear.Using a mouthpiece can help to close off your nasal passage which in turn will stop you from being able to snore.
There are also other types of ways to help aid your snoring daily and can be of not cost you depending on if you can make these ingredients rather than buying them yourself in the home.
- 1Menthol scent can in fact help to stimulate your passages both nasal and throat in order to relieve yourself from snoring.
- 2Taking a warm shower before going to sleep can in fact help you in your aid to stop yourself from snoring.
- 3Stacking up pillows can help in order to sit you up accordingly so that you can in fact close off your air ways to stop you from snoring.
- 4Using a simply tube in order to cycle water through your nose can help to rinse out your nasal passages.
- 5By doing this method you in fact will be helping your passages to close themselves which in turn will not allow air to pass through your passages or snore.Washing your face with a hot cloth can help to relieve your passages so that you will not snore at night.
- 1This can tone the muscles in our throat, which can reduce snoring.Exercise.
- 2This can reduce the amount of fatty tissue at the back of the throat, and relieve snoring.Lose Weight.
- 3They can relax the muscles in the throat, and can make snoring worse.Avoid Sleeping Pills and Alcohol.
- 4This is good to do especially BEFORE bedtime.Stay Away From Caffeine.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Graeme, Ephraim, Eng