Stop PS4 Players from Hacking You in Watch Dogs
Edited by VisiHow, Dougie-1, Eng
Watch Dogs is PlayStation 4 game released by Ubisoft, where you play a hacker with a super smartphone that lets you hack into anyone's phone in the game and steal their data. It's a unique and innovative concept, and makes for a great game playing experience. However, after a while you'll start to come up against other real players. They are called fixers, and they are trying to hack you and steal your data. Note that this is part of the game, and has nothing to do with real world hacking. It's just a game.
While this hacking doesn't mess up your game play experience or even noticeably disturb you, you will get points and award trophies if you can stop them from hacking you. Since you can't easily find them, the only way you can escape is to neutralize them before they even initiate the backdoor installation to hack you.
If you have any questions, just Read the detailed steps below for help and instructions, and if you have any questions, watch the video at the end of this guide.
Know If a Fixer Wants to Hack or Tail You
Usually it's very difficult to understand when a player connects to your server and wants to hack or tail you.
However, there are some simple methods that you can use, when you feel someone is connecting to your server. Follow these steps to spot the hacker:
- 1Whenever you feel a player is on your server and wants to hack or tail you, just press the 'R3' button on your controller. This will trigger your 'focus boost'. If it's working as usual, you're not in any danger of being hacked. However, if you see that the focus boost is not working properly, it's because a player is on your server and is trying to tail or hack you.Use Your Focus Boost:Advertisement
- 2Once a player is on your server, you can't stop the game. Therefore, when you press the 'Option' button on your controller and you pause the game, the game won't pause and you won't see the option. If the pause menu is working properly and you're game is actually paused, no one is trying to hack or tail you.Use the Menu While You're on Foot:Advertisement
- 3If you're driving and you think that someone wants to hack you, just press the 'Option' button to pause the game. If your car stops moving when you un-pause the game, it means that a player is trying to hack or tail you. If your car keeps moving when you un-pause the game, it means that you're safe - for now.Use the Menu While You're Driving:
- 4If you think that a player is on your server, just go to the map in the game. If your car doesn't stop to moving and you can see on the map the car is still moving, it shows that you're in danger of being hacked or tailed. If your car stops when you're in the map, it means no one is there.Use the Map While Driving:
- 5If you see that there are things happening in your location, and you're not involved in them, it means that another player is near you. You can easily understand this by watching reactions of people. If they're running or saying words like 'Gun', it means a player is very close to you and is watching you. You can also tell by watching the traffic. If a traffic light is hacked, or if you see a car moving in a fast and unusual way, it's because a fixer is driving that car or is hacking things around you.Watch for the Other Cars and People:
- 6If you're driving a car and you see a car moving faster than you or other cars, follow the car and take it down. It's probably a fixer, who is tailing or hacking you.Follow the fast car:
- 7If a fixer is invading your server, you can't play a mini game or play a mission. This is a sure sign that a fixer is close by.Playing Games or Missions:
- 8Open the map and press 'R1' or 'L1' for online hacking. If you see that the map is not responding to your command, it's probably because another fixer is already on your server.Go for Online Contracts in the Watch Dogs Map:
Stop a Fixer from Hacking You in Watch Dogs
Now that you have the ability to understand when a player is on your server, you can take the necessary steps to stop the fixer.
If you followed the tips in the first section, you can always guess when a player is on your server. This will help you know, when a fixer is around you before the player starts the hacking process. That will give you a huge advantage in time and your ability to neutralize them before they hack you.
Follow the steps below to stop and neutralize a fixer trying to hack or tail you:
- 1Your first and most basic tool for spotting hackers is the profiler app in the game. Start to profile all the people around you and look for suspicious movements like people running, a fast car, or a car not being parked properly.Use your Profiler App:Advertisement
- 2Cameras are a good tool to profile all the people in an area, and will let you have the advantage of being able to quickly search a big area.Use the Cameras Around You:
- 3If you can't find the hacker, you can just take cover and wait for him or her. This usually happens when the fixer is not near you. Since fixer has to get close to you in order to initiate the backdoor installation, you can just wait and look for suspicious activities and movements. The best thing to do is is to be armed while you're waiting. If you have a grenade launcher, draw it and wait for the fixer. Once you profile him or her, use your weapon to neutralize the fixer.Wait for the Hacker:
- 4If you're still unable to find the fixer, fire your weapon to make people run away. This will help you to look for a person who is not running or behaving same as the general computer game population.Fire your Gun:
- 5You should use the jam coms when the hacking process is around 85% or 90%. This is because when you use a jam coms, you'll have more time to search a smaller area.Use Jam Coms:
- 6Motorcycles give you a better speed and handling than other vehicles when trying to chase a fixer. Once you're chasing the fixer, hack the traffic lights, steam pipes, and other things around you to take him or her down.Drive a Motorcycle to Chase the Fixer:
- 7The grenade launcher is the best weapon you can use to neutralize a fixer. Just watch out for civilians when you want to fire.Use the Grenade Launcher:Advertisement
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Pay attention to your surroundings, and look for anything suspicious. You're supposed to be the only hacker there. If you see someone else, take action!
- Don't worry if you do sometimes get hacked, but do try and learn how they did it. Then you can use their techniques to improve your own methods, and become a master of hacking other players without being detected.
- Make sure to complete all of the side missions and other parts of the game, as these will unlock advantages that will help you when trying to hack other players.
- Remember to be careful of the computer game players when trying to neutralize a fixer. Unintentionally hurting the computer controlled players can damage your reputation.
- If you use a motorcycle to chase another fixer, be careful not to hurt yourself in the process, as this can give them the time they need to hack you.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Stop PS4 Players from Hacking You in Watch Dogs. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Stop_PS4_Players_from_Hacking_You_in_Watch_Dogs
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Stop PS4 Players from Hacking You in Watch Dogs." VisiHow, visihow.com/Stop_PS4_Players_from_Hacking_You_in_Watch_Dogs Accessed 26 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Stop PS4 Players from Hacking You in Watch Dogs." Accessed May 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Stop_PS4_Players_from_Hacking_You_in_Watch_Dogs.
Categories : PS & PSP
Recent edits by: Dougie-1, VisiHow