Stop Hormone Related Female Hair Loss Naturally
Edited by Donna, Eng, Samyuktha
- 1 What Does Female Hair Loss Due to A Hormonal Imbalance Look Like?
- 2 The Causes of Hormone Imbalance Related Hair Loss
- 3 Steps to Correcting Hormone Related Baldness Naturally
- 4 Tips and Tricks
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
What Does Female Hair Loss Due to A Hormonal Imbalance Look Like?
In women, hair loss due to a hormonal imbalance appears in two forms:
The Causes of Hormone Imbalance Related Hair Loss
Hormones are a produced by the endocrine glands. They are the chemical messengers that make sure that all of the systems in the body work in confluence with each other. The efficient operation of the hormones is dependent on thousands of bio-chemical interactions, and it only takes a couple of disruptions to throw the whole system out of order.
Common causes of female hormone imbalance include:
- 1In order for your body to function smoothly your endocrine system must be producing both progesterone and estrogen at vital levels or an imbalance results. If your estrogen levels are too high, this causes a condition called estrogen-dominance, which also results in excess facial hair. The irony of estrogen-dominance is that while your hair thins on top, you grow hair on your face.The failure of the endocrine system to produce optimal levels of progesterone.Advertisement
- 2DHT (dihydortestosterone) is a form of of testosterone with hair loss effects that are usually prevented by the production of estrogen. The result of not producing enough estrogen is often permanent hair loss due to DHT destroying the hair folliclesThe endocrine system producing too much DHT, while producing low estrogen levels at the same time.
- 4During pregnancy estrogen levels are elevated and the result is that many women grow shiny, lustrous locks. After pregnancy, estrogen levels drop and encourage the production of DHT, which causes a condition called post-partum hair loss. With some women the hair thinning remains and with others, the hair that falls out grows back within a year.The endocrine system producing less estrogen or progestin after pregnancy.
- 5The birth control pill often causes an overproduction of DHT and the symptoms that go with it including hair thinning and hair growth on the face.The birth control pill suppressing the production of estrogen or progestin.
- 6This produces eventual hair loss. This is a natural process, but distressing to many women who do not understand why their hair is falling out.Menopause causing estrogen and progestin levels to fall and trigger an overproduction of DHT.
- 7When women are prescribed hormonal therapy, the doctors do not always get the prescribed levels right. Progesterone, estrogen, DHEA and testosterone may be prescribed in amounts that can cause further hair loss. DHEA is a precursor to creating testosterone.An over-production of DHT due to bio-identical hormone therapy.
- 8When the adrenal glands, the organs that trigger a "fight or flight" response to stress are dysfunctional the body produces too much cortisol. Cortisol, often called the stress hormone causes the body to release copious amounts of adrenaline which in turn causes a woman to produce more testosterone and hair-follicle disruptors such as DHT.The adrenal glands producing too much cortisol.
Steps to Correcting Hormone Related Baldness Naturally
- 2If you drink a lot of coffee you may be disrupting your endocrine system and causing the suppression of estrogen and progestin, which in turn causes the production of DHT and causes balding in women. The other issue associated with coffee consumption is that it raises adrenalin levels, which in turn produces cortisol, which also causes hormonal imbalances. If you can't stop drinking coffee at least try to reduce your intake of the beverage as much as possible.Stop drinking coffee or lessen your intake to four to six ounces a day.
- 5Stinging nettle contains an inhibitor of DHT that can help minimize and stop hair loss. Nettle leaf also contains iron, calcium, potassium and silica, which are essential nutrients for hair health. Simply brew a handful of raw or dry nettles as a tea and then drink it or you can use it as a hair rinse after you shower.Use the herb Stinging Nettle both as a tea and a hair rinse.
- 7In some women, the therapy has been known to cause additional hair loss. Another issue that arises when considering bio-identical hormone replacement to correct hormonal imbalances is that some studies have shown it causes mood disorders, cancer and consequences therapy that is about twenty years old.. This is why many women choose to try and correct their hormone imbalance naturally.Consider bio-identical hormone replacement, which encourages your body to react to synthetic hormones does work for some women to halt hair loss due to hormonal imbalance, but not for all women.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- It is usually a more progressive doctor or even a naturopath that will recommend bio-identical hormone replacement therapy as many allopathic or family doctors are wary of the long-term consequences of taking them
- If your hair loss is hereditary, then your attempts to regrow your hair may not be as successful
- Using nettles as a hair rinse has also been known to restore color to hair that is turning grey or white
Questions and Answers
I am having too much hair fall and developing baldness at the front. I am still 33 years female?
I am in India, any natural ways to regrow and stop hair fall naturally? I am looking out for a detailed explanation and products that I can use. I have tried: Dr Batras homeopathy and applied all kinds of oils and shampoo. When Oil massage is done with little pressure, so much hair comes out of scalp. I think it was caused by: Not sure my Ferrous Iron level is 38 and Vitamin D is low.
If your body is not absorbing Vitamin D and your iron level is only 38 then it is time to go to your doctor and ask him to investigate why your iron levels are so low. There are many very serious disorders that are related to an iron level that is that low including diabetes, many diseases of the kidney, diseases of the liver and anemia that is caused by HIV, hepatitis and polycystic ovarian disease. It can also indicate intestinal and rectal cancer with the low iron levels caused by internal bleeding. It is important that you rule out these afflictions, before going further with natural solutions for hair loss, as hair loss is the main symptom of low iron levels. Once your doctor prescribes the proper supplementation and dosage for your condition, you are advised to wait for three months to see if your hair regrows on it's own. In the meantime, avoid washing your hair or applying any more remedies, commercial or natural, to avoid worsening your hair loss. Medication that addresses your underlying condition may be required to be taken for several months, before your hair will grow back.
Categories : Hair Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna