Stop Galaxy S5 Data Usage
Edited by Grimm, Leomar Umpad, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. Today, we're going to show you how you can setup and manage data usage on your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone or any Android phone running on Kitkat.
- 11We can uncheck that by tapping. This will tell us that unless we connect to a WiFi network, we will not be able to use the internet. This simply turns off our access to that. Tapping that means nothing - unless we're connected to WiFi. I'm going to turn on mobile data because I will use mobile data. However, if you want to make sure that you are not using mobile data, this is the way to do it.So we have Mobile data, which is our main box.
- 13What that means is that if I set my limit to 1 GB, as soon as I've reached 1 GB of mobile data usage, mobile data will be shut off on the spot. Simply tap OK.Now, I'll get a message that I'm going to limit my data usage and my mobile data connection will be turned off when the specified data is reach.
- 20If you want to keep your internet data active, your data roaming, and use that mobile data, that's fine but this will stop some of the stuff that just constantly eats that information into the background. We did a tutorial on Tinder recently - the Tinder dating application. That's a heavy used application. It uses a large amount of background data. I'm going to tap on OK to restrict my background data. It takes a moment to get everything setup.This will simply stop background data on a lot of our apps and services unless we're connected to WiFi.
- 23I want to get to just a little bit more as I turn things off again. To start with, I'm going to remove my mobile data limit - I don't like having a mobile data limit. I use it as I need it for work. Tap on Mobile data. As we discussed, this is the one that will turn on and turn off our mobile data. In this case we will turn off mobile data but as a general rule, I use this one so we can leave it on by tapping again.Now, we got everything setup.
- 24I don't actually want my background data restricted. I don't usually keep anything running that is using that much background data and when I do see things doing that, I turn them off. You can see my tutorial on how to use the Recent Applications to see that, check your data and turn off things like that.Now, we can tap on these 3 dots here and choose Restrict background data.
- 26That's not really a big problem as long as you are relatively moving back and forth between WiFi networks. However, if you're not moving back and forth between WiFi networks, then this creates an issue where you may go 4, 5 or 6 hours without synchronizing data. Depending on your personal needs, you may want it on or off. I need to be online for work fairly often so I do keep this on.When you cast auto-sync, any of your data, updates, any of your background information, anything that involves synchronizing your current action or something else - when you turn that off, it means that when you are not on a WiFi network, your phone is not going to update your information.
- 27There's the Data usage icon here. Hopefully this tutorial has been helpful. If you have questions or need additional information about this. Just let us know and we'll take care of it for you. Thank you and have a great day!That's how you manage your data usage on the phone.Advertisement
Video: Stop Galaxy S5 Data Usage
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Leomar Umpad, Grimm