Stay on Your Budget During the Christmas Season
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Maureen D., Eng, Lynn
Christmas only comes once a year, but that does not necessarily mean we have to splurge and spend way out of our budgets. Think about how much money you will be able to save by staying on your budget. Gift giving is not always about the price, it is the time that you effortlessly took in buying it. And yes it is a cliche, it is not the cost that counts, it is the thought! We all know that holiday season is a tradition that everybody loves, but we have to plan ahead of time not to make it regretful but much more enjoyable! Stay away from building up a few months debt by pondering on these tips!
- 2You will get to save a huge chunk of money this way.Usually, there is a post Christmas sale (some offer from 50-75 percent off), so why don't you use this opportunity to grab some decor for next year?Advertisement
- 3Try buying board games, playing cards, DVDs, gift vouchers to restaurants, etc. This way, you will be able to save a lot more and not miss out on someone in the family as well.When it comes to gift buying, you can incorporate gifts to give out for a family.
- 4You do not really want to spend an excessive amount of your hard earned money giving out gifts to those relatives that you barely see, or friends you rarely talk to. Make a decision about who you really want to give gifts for.Make a list of the persons you want to buy a gift for.
- 5Personal judgment will be very helpful when it comes to this.The amount of gifts you want to give away matters as well, make a list of the gift amount for each person.
- 6Check your old ornaments, "renovate" them, add more ribbons or glitter to make them look brand new. Also, you will be able to personalize everything, so be inventive and you are good to go!Homemade decorations - this is not only fun to do for the whole family, but very economical and a great environmental help as well.
- 7Anyway, the best gift of all comes unwrapped! Or try giving out homemade cookies, cupcakes, or even pretzels. The list is actually endless!Try to give more innovative gifts, like doing an errand for a relative or friend.
- 8Let your creative juices flow and grab some newspaper, magazines or any cloth that you do not use. Tie it with some ribbon, or anything just to be unique and inventive.It is about time to ditch those expensive and not so environmental friendly wrapping papers.
- 9Come holiday season, tally them up and redeem. This could be a very good thing as you will be able to score some gifts or decorations with a little or even no extra costs!All throughout the year, save all of your coupons, rewards, and the like.
- 10Use cash and not credit card as much as you can.
- 11Cut costs as much as you can, like stocking up on holiday goods whenever you can monthly.
- Avoid impulsive shopping.
- Shop from a list plan prepared earlier.
- Track your purchases closely.
- Check for online discounted items.
- Try to do without.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Holidays & Traditions
Recent edits by: Eng, Maureen D., Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo