Stay Safe when Jogging or Running
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Lynn
Jogging or running is a good physical exercise. It helps us stay fit and healthy and keeps us away from illnesses. It also boosts our stamina. Being safe when jogging or running is an important thing, especially for women. Safety is one of the biggest issues neglected today. Jogging can be considered recreational and can be done with friends or family, but just remember always stay safe in everything you do.
- 1Having extra cash in your pocket is a must, especially when you step out of your house. This way, when an emergency comes about, you'll always have some money handy. And whenever you need something to drink or a bite to eat, you're always prepared.Always bring your money and your ATM card/credit card/debit card.Advertisement
- 2Never forget to bring your ID. Just in case something happens or something comes up, you'll have something to be identified with.Always bring your ID (identification card).Advertisement
- 3Always bring your cellphone, wherever you go, as this would be your way of communicating with others.Bring your cellular phone.
- 4Never run alone, as it is simply dangerous. You don't know what might happen, especially at night. If possible, bring your friends with when running or jogging.Run with others.
- 5Runners and joggers should wear bright colored clothes so that you will be noticeable and visible to everyone and you can avoid getting hit by a car.Wear bright colored clothes.
- 6Wearing a headset while running is a big no-no. It would prevent you from hearing if there are some other runners, cyclists or cars in the area. This is also to avoid possible danger.Never wear headsets.
- 7If you have earrings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, etc., leave them at home! Before leaving your house, leave your valuable things which you will not be needing.Do not wear any jewelry.
- 8If you feel bad or weird about someone or something stay away from it.Always trust your instincts or your intuitions.
- 9Don't just talk to someone you don't know. This could be their trick on doing or preparing for something.Don't talk to strangers.
- 10Be prepared. Make sure you have everything you need.Use your head.
Things You'll Need
Techniques for Good Running
- 1Stay focused.Advertisement
- 2Breathe properly (breathe in, breathe out).
- 3Maintain good and proper posture.
- 4Be flexible.
- 5Listen to what your body wants and needs.
- 6Be open-minded.
- 7Warm up before running.
Benefits of Jogging
- 1Who wouldn't want to get slim, fit and sexy? Jogging is the best way to lose your weight and stay in shape.Reduces weight.
- 2Jogging can relieve stress and lift up your mood.Stress reliever.
- 3Improves your blood flow.Circulates blood flow.
- 4Jogging could help remove excess waste in your body.Removes toxins within your body.
- 5Regular jogging helps fight diseases and improves your body's performance.Boosts the immune system.
- 6Exercising just like jogging and running makes our bones and muscles strong.Strengthens bones and muscles.Advertisement
- Bring bottled water.
- Wear comfortable running shoes.
- Wear white or bright colored clothes.
- Drink a few ounces before jogging.
- Stay positive.
Categories : Sports
Recent edits by: Eng, Pia Marie Villamante