Grow an Awesome Mustache in Movember
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Eng, Doug Collins and 3 others
Have you heard of "Movember" before? If it sounds too familiar, it is because it sounds much like "November" and there's a good reason for it too. November is actually the month for an annual tradition of growing mustaches during the entire month. It is a portmanteau word that fuses mustache and November in reference to the month-long challenge for men to grow facial hair to change their look and the face of masculine health. With their "Mo's", men let the world know about their growing awareness about their gender's common health issues - prostate, testicular, and other male cancers. For 30 days, these self-sacrificing men become effective walking and talking advertisements promoting the Movember charity event.
Movember is an excuse for men to let their facial fuzz sprout into a bushy growth. It's not just an excuse to discard the razor for the whole month, but it's also an opportunity for men to use their facial hair for a worthwhile cause. If you want to be part of the No Shave Movement, whether for style, charity, or to promote men's health issues, you've got to plan it perfectly.
It is said that you don't choose the Mo for yourself, but rather it is the Mo that chooses you. Whichever way you put it, staying awesome in Movember starts in choosing the mustache style to smarten up the maws. Take your pick.
- 1 Hot Mustache Styles to Grow for Movember
- 2 What You Need to Grow, Shape and Groom a Mustache
- 3 How to Grow a Mustache
- 4 How to Trim a Mustache
- 5 How to Groom a Mustache
- 6 The type of food and drinks to approach with caution if you want to stay awesome in Movember:
- 7 Tips and Tricks:
- 8 Referencing this Article
- 9 Comments
Hot Mustache Styles to Grow for Movember
- 1The Wisp:Advertisement
After picking which Mo you want to rock this Movember, it's time to grow some hair. Each style has a different personality that requires different grooming techniques and a few tools.
What You Need to Grow, Shape and Groom a Mustache
- mustache comb
- electric or battery razor, trimmer, or clipper
- wet razor set
- barber trimming scissors
- sharp razor
- mustache wax
- mustache shampoo and conditioner
How to Grow a Mustache
- 5Apply mustache wax to give the Mo a more defined shape and to tame stray hairs.
How to Trim a Mustache
How to Groom a Mustache
No matter how much you try to prevent it, particles can accumulate in the bushy growth, giving an unsightly appearance to it. Fussing over ways to groom the Mo doesn't mean you're vain. Just like the rest of the body, facial hair also needs some amount of care and grooming.
- 3Give the face a steam bath to cleanse the skin underneath the mustache.Advertisement
The type of food and drinks to approach with caution if you want to stay awesome in Movember:
- Singapore Crab
- Toffee Apples
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Meat Pie
- Sloppy Joes
- Cotton Candy
- Souvlaki or Kebabs
- Glass of Milk
- Milk Shake
- Irish Cream Ale
- Guinness Ale
Tips and Tricks:
- Avoid using caustic face cleansers, especially those intended for acne treatment. These products have bleaching ingredients that can give a totally new look to your mustache.
- Refrain from touching your Mo. No matter how itchy the upper lip area gets, keep your fingers off it to avoid bacteria getting into the pores. Ingrown hairs and mustachioed pimply lips are not awesome sights for Movember. The same thing goes for someone else's mustache, unless you ask permission.
- Hang out with other "Mo Bros". You will feel a lot better in the company of men who share the same growing, trimming, and grooming tips - all for a good cause.
- Don't let negative comments demoralize you. I can't help it if some bullies don't understand the reason behind that Mo. After all, the month-long facial fuzz is supposed to be an ice breaker to ignite a conversation about masculine health.
- Enjoy the benefits of the Mo. Some women can't resist the charm of men sporting a mustache, regardless of style, size and shape. If you decide to compete in any category of the No Shave Movement, there's no telling to what prize you'll end up bringing home.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Grow an Awesome Mustache in Movember. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Grow_an_Awesome_Mustache_in_Movember
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Grow an Awesome Mustache in Movember." VisiHow, visihow.com/Grow_an_Awesome_Mustache_in_Movember Accessed 23 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Grow an Awesome Mustache in Movember." Accessed Jun 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Grow_an_Awesome_Mustache_in_Movember.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: vc, Jen M, Doug Collins