Start the Day Feeling Beautiful Inside and Out
Edited by Christine dela Cruz, Lynn, Maria Sharon Ubando, Eng and 1 other
Do you want to start your day feeling refreshed and fabulous, to the point that you think you can tackle anything and everything under the sun? Do you want this nice feeling to linger all through the day and even in the succeeding days? Then here are some tips that will make you develop a morning routine that will make you feel beautiful inside and out.
Unwanted Feelings in the Morning
- 1Lethargy.This feels like you do not have much energy to actually move or engage in physical activities. Your body seems to ache, or you feel like you want to just stay in bed all day long.Advertisement
- 2Lack of focus.Your mind does not seem to be in a mood to actually concentrate on anything. You cannot even think about work or school. All you want to do is stare blankly around you.Advertisement
- 3Lack of confidence.Because you do not physically feel so well, you feel rather un-confident as well. You think you don't look very nice or are not presentable enough to face other people. You feel inferior to others.
How to Start the Day Feeling Beautiful Inside and Out
- 1Consume vitamins.Vitamins, particularly vitamin A and C, are very effective in fighting stress, as well as other pollutants that might be encountered through the day. This is because these are rich in antioxidants, which can even combat cancer.Advertisement
- 2Eat protein-rich food.If you are feeling sluggish, there's no better way to address it but through a protein-rich diet. Combine a bit of protein to your usually carbohydrates-filled breakfast. For instance, mix a bit of yogurt with your cereal. Yogurt is a good source of protein.
- 3Drink enough water.You can get dehydrated through the night because you are not taking in any fluid. It is then best to consume at least one to two glasses of water as soon as you wake up, or with your breakfast. You will notice a significant effect on your energy level as soon as you do this. Your skin will start to glow as well.
- 4Sip artichoke or green tea.Artichoke and green tea are very rich in antioxidants and they have this cleansing effect to the body as well. A cup each morning can significantly jump start your day.
- 5Think happy thoughts.Avoid thinking of problems as soon as you wake up. Read a good book or some inspiring quotes.
- 6Avoid going onto Facebook first thing in the morning.Facebook has so much information on it these days - some of it is positive, while some of it is simply demotivating. You may be able to read people fighting each other, and sometimes, you even see the same whines and complaints that you have about not feeling well early in the morning. You do not want to get this kind of energy from others.
- 7Exercise.A 20- to 30-minute exercise can bring you a lot of good effects, particularly providing your body with the amount of oxygen that's necessary to make you feel energetic enough.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Quotes on unwanted feelings
We have all felt down and unwanted at some points in our lives. We sometimes feel that no matter how hard we try to be someone nice and lovable, we just can't get everyone to like us. Check out some of the quotes from several known personalities about the feeling of being unwanted and lonely. What you may not realize is that even known personalities get the feeling of being unwanted. Let this inspire you to brush off those negative feelings about yourself.
"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." - Mother Theresa
"Contempt is the weapon of the weak, and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings." - Alice Duer Miller
"It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely." - Albert Einstein
"Language... has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone." - Paul Tillich
"There were times when I had great times with my brothers, pillow fights and things, but I was, used to always cry from loneliness." -Michael Jackson
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.