Start a Weight Loss Program
Edited by Clifford, Eng, Ermin, Lynn and 1 other
There are many disadvantages to being unhealthy or unfit. For one, we tend to loss self-confidence when we see ourselves as physically unhealthy or unfit. It would be really great if we could stick with a diet and exercise routine to lose that extra weight that we want to get rid of, and feel confident about ourselves. Most of us do feel better about ourselves when we know we are doing something good to our body. Many of us could easily start a diet or exercise program but the problem is that we often get frustrated or discouraged and stop in the middle of the program. Here are some guidelines that you can use to keep on track with your program and progress.
- 1 Guidelines
- 2 How to lose weight in less than a month
- 3 Can Acupuncture Help in Reducing Bodyweight?
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Referencing this Article
- 6 Comments
- 1Before starting any weight program, you should first consider your mindset. You need motivation to get you to exercise - a goal. It could be simply trying to lose a certain amount of weight, or trying to get into a particular item of clothing that you think you looked good in. Once you set up your initial goal, you need to keep setting them up to keep you motivated. Many do set their goal, but in the middle of the program they lose focus and start to get discouraged, until they finally just stop. When you create a goal, it isn't necessary to keep it realistic as long as it will motivate you.Goal setting.Advertisement
- 2Working out on your own can become a lot easier and fun when you have someone, like a friend or a family member, to do it with you. Not only will you then become accountable to someone who will motivate you to push yourself when you feel like giving up, but you can also make it a competition between the two of you, and this will push you to keep up the weight program.Do it with someone.Advertisement
- 3During your exercise program, you need to be drinking enough water. Enough water means about two liters a day. It will help you lose weight by flushing out the toxins in your body, and help your digestive system while keeping you hydrated enough to do the exercise that you need to be doing.Drink water.
- 4This is an often-overlooked part of beginning exercise. Eight hours is the recommended sleeping time. Sleeping is your rest, your time off. The times when you are resting your body are as important as the time you are training your body because you are giving your body time to recover and be able to do the exercise that you have planned.Sleep.
- 5Before you begin to diet, consider your weight loss goals. Weigh yourself and measure your waist, hips, thighs and arms, and then set a goal for how much you want to lose from those measurements. You might want to lose a few inches of your waist and then weight over your body in general. Talking to your doctor before you go on any diet plan will get you professional advice to help you and give you more ideas and information about how you can lose weight the healthy way. This is important if you have any health issues, like asthma, for example, as the doctor will be able to advise you in ways to lose weight that won't aggravate your present condition and would not trigger any asthma attacks.Dieting.
- 6This is an ideal exercise, as it involves natural movement of the body and there are very few side effects. If you don't do any exercise at the moment, a good start would be to go walking. Going to a daily walk is better than sitting around at home doing nothing; however, you should quickly pick it up if you are serious about losing weight, by breaking into running. Obviously, if you feel fit enough, go straight into running, which would much better. Start by running or walking once a week, to get into the routine, then progress as you feel like it, so that you are not risking burning yourself out, but make sure you are still challenging yourself.Running.
- 7This can actually be better than running. The main reason is that when you are in water, there is no impact on the joints like there is when running. When swimming, you are actually just pushing yourself through the water and not impacting any surfaces. If you have never done any swimming before, it would be advisable to sign up for some beginner swimming lessons. This will take away the risk of not swimming properly and you will get some useful tips that you can use in the future. The main key, as in any weight program, is to start small and build up. Aim for doing a certain number of lengths and, as you get fitter you could do the lengths quicker or add additional lengths.Swimming.
- 8You will obviously pay a monthly fee that other exercise activities don't have, but it is worth it. You have all the equipment you need in one place, you can get instructions on how to do certain exercises and you can get general advice on how to keep going with your diet and exercise plan to lose weight. If you have a schedule that includes going to the gym, you will likely to stick to it, because it's part of your routine, rather than just going when you feel you want to. Make sure that when you go to the gym, your workouts are broken down into parts that include a warm up, stretching, the main workout and the cool down.Join the gym.
Everyone should take responsibility and stop making excuses. The sooner we take responsibility the sooner we will be able to actually do something about them. If we are going to start tomorrow, we can be sure that something else will stop us from going ahead tomorrow. We can break this pattern by taking responsibility for how we have become unfit or unhealthy. Losers makes excuses, while winners make it happen.
How to lose weight in less than a month
Losing weight is hard to do, while gaining weight is often easy. However, determined people may surely succeed in losing weight fast. On this page, we will be teaching you how to lose weight in less than a month. When you follow the directions below, you must be determined to succeed, and don't lose hope. So, let's get started.
These contribute a lot in losing weight. To get the right amount of nutrients, you should eat the right kinds of food, especially when you are dieting. To lose weight fast, you should eat foods that help you burn calories. Yet, the question is, what foods are good for dieters? Below is a comprehensive list of foods that will help you lose weight fast and gain nutrients simultaneously.
Many of you are fond of eating snacks in the afternoon, and there are times that you can't avoid the inevitable, like buying or preparing sweet foods for snacks. Now, there's good news for you! There are special snacks for dieters, and these are called "calorie-controlled snacks". These snacks are packaged with only 100 calories or less, so that dieters can enjoy eating sweet foods. Below are the foods that contain no more than 100 calories.
- The above list of sweet foods is for your reference. The technique in measuring no more than 100 calorie snacks is to check the nutrition facts label on food products, like ones that have less than 15 grams of sugar, 140 milligrams of sodium, and 15 grams of sugar. Snacks that are made from whole grains should contain no more than 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein. Craving for sweet foods, but can't take small quick bites? Well, it's not a problem anymore, because you can now nibble sweet foods as long as you know how much you are going to take in a bite.
Who says you should ban eating meat to stay fit? Think again! There are plenty of meat recipes to fulfill your food cravings, one of which is the lean cuts of beef recipes. Of course, you will have to eat smaller portions of the beef, because the meat has saturated fats and cholesterol, which may cause heart disease. If you want to prepare beef recipes, you should add vegetables to it to keep fit and healthy. Take note that all lean beef cuts contain less than 10 grams of total fat, 4.5 or less saturated fat, and no more than 95 milligrams of cholesterol per 3 ½ ounce serving. Lean cuts of beef are usually the beef "round" and "loin". Below are the beef recipes you may want to prepare:
- 1http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/grilled_steak_with_fresh_corn_salad.htmlGrilled steak with fresh corn salad.
- 2http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/korean_style_steak_lettuce_wraps.htmlKorean-style steak and lettuce wraps.
- 3http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chili_rubbed_steaks_pan_salsa.htmlChili-rubbed steaks and pan salsa.
- Remember to think "small" portions, regardless of what meat recipes you may prepare and eat.
Beverages and supplements
Drinks can also contribute to weight loss, but you have to be aware of the different kinds of drinks besides water, which may or may not help you burn fats or calories. When dieting, it doesn't only mean that you have to aim for slimmer body, but also that you should aim for a healthy mind and body, by drinking the right drinks to get rid of any health issues, such as cancer and diabetes risks. So, watch what you drink as well. Below are the four recommended drinks for dieters:
- 1Green tea has no calories, and it gives you tremendous health benefits, as well as helps you lose weight fast. There are actually no limitations as to how many cups of green tea you can drink. If you want to lose weight in less than a month, you may drink three, or even up to 10 cups a day, and you will see good results with your body in less than a month. This way, you will also reduce the risk of stomach cancer, as well as boost your metabolism. The only negative effect from drinking too much green tea is that it can reduce the absorption of folic acid, which is a very important vitamin. Folic acid helps reduce birth defects. So, if you try to get pregnant, make sure that you stop drinking it for the meantime, and just get back to it after you give birth, or after you are done nursing, to lose the extra weight from pregnancy.Green tea.
- 2It is said that taking green coffee bean extracts or supplements can help you lose pounds in a short period, because of the chlorogenic acid, an active ingredient that blocks the conversion of fat into glucose. These extracts are finely processed and made from natural, unroasted beans. A health professional recommended that consumers take the extracts 30 minutes before taking meals, and this must be done thrice daily to achieve the ideal weight fast.Green coffee bean extracts.
- 3There are different kinds of milk, but if you are on a diet, you should choose one percent low-fat milk, as it is processed by decreasing the milk fat content more. It is still a great source of calcium, and good for reducing risk of osteoporosis. What's more is that it helps you retain blood sugar, so you are not likely to be affected by food cravings. Take note that eight ounces of one percent low-fat milk is already 120 calories, so drink it moderately.One percent low-fat milk.
- 4Finally, the most important drink of all is water. Of course, when you exercise, you may sweat a lot and feel a little dehydration, so you tend to drink glasses of water to regain the amount of liquid you secreted. Otherwise, you may feel dull and inactive throughout the day. Water is very important when you are dieting, so don't forget to drink eight or more glasses of water per day.Water.
- Drinks that you should avoid are the following: Soft drinks and hard drinks, caffeinated drinks, and others that contain high calories and may aggravate health issues.
If you are just starting to lose weight, it is recommended that you exercise for 30 minutes, and gradually increase to an hour or more, day by day. This is because your body is still not used to exercising, and thus it will make you want to stop and just lay on your bed. Start exercising for only 30 minutes, and then another 30 minutes until you can do exercise for an hour or more a day.
- 1Some exercise activities are not suitable for all. For beginners, there will have to be different exercise programs. Basic exercise activities for beginners include brisk walking, jogging, dancing, biking, and even the other forms of simple exercises which can be done at home, such as gardening, house cleaning, sweeping, etc. A good exercise machine that works best for beginners is the treadmill, because it is adjustable to walking or running speed. Moreover, beginners are assured that they will burn 100 calories or more per mile by walking briskly on treadmill. Exercise DVD's and videos, which can be done at home, are good choices for losing weight as well.Exercise for beginners.
- 2Once your body gets used to exercising, you may try some exercise programs for moderate or advanced. These programs are mainly for bodybuilding, toning or firming up, like getting flat stomach abs and strong muscles in the arms. Below are some exercise programs and equipment to get strong muscles:Activities for moderate and advanced exercisers.
- Body weight squats
- Body weight lunges
- Exercise with a pair of dumbbells
- Pull up bars
- Resistance bands
- Kettlebell exercise
Tips for losing weight fast
Now you have read the important points that you need to know before starting to go on a diet, so the next thing you have to do is to follow the tips below:
- 1If you are a coffee lover, it may be better to stop drinking it and change it to something healthy like green tea, as it not only helps you burn calories, but also provides you other health benefits. You may drink three cups of it per day between meals. You may also want to add green coffee bean extracts to your diet plan. Take the supplement 30 minutes before taking your meals. This way, you will likely lose a lot of weight in less than a month.Choose healthy drinks.
- 2Morning is the perfect time to do exercise. Right after you wake up with an empty stomach, you may do exercise. You are most likely not to gain weight, if you consistently do this in the morning. You may also do exercise as well at any other time of the day. Start with 30 minutes and gradually increase it to an hour or more day by day.Exercise for 30 minutes up to an hour or even more.
- 3There are many kinds of exercise equipment for cardiovascular workout that you can use at the gym. But if you do not have time to go to the gym, you can still do it at home. Cardio workout DVD's for beginners are good choices. It's convenient and they are usually easy to follow. Give yourself at least 30 minutes to do cardio exercise every day.Do cardiovascular activities.
- 4You may want to start eliminating all junk foods stored in your kitchen and avoid eating fast foods, like hamburgers, pizza and french fries. These contain a lot of calories, and it takes you a lot of time to get rid of them. I have listed some good snacks above to replace the unhealthy foods you might have. You may try and follow those, if in case your sweet tooth is raging out of control.Eliminate all junk foods and fast foods.
- 6These contribute a lot more to your diet, because fruits and veggies contain minerals and vitamins, which can prevent any illnesses. The U.S Department of Agriculture even recommends that everyone fill half of his or her plate with fruits and veggies to get the right amount of nutrients for his or her body. There are some great recipes that will help you enjoy fruits and veggies, if you know how to prepare and mix them with other ingredients. What's more, fiber is found in all fruits and vegetables, which contribute so much to weight loss. Fiber also helps you regulate bowel movement and reduce risk of any illnesses. When adding fiber to your diet, make sure that you also drink plenty of water, because it may cause constipation without adequate liquid in the stomach. Like I said, water plays an important role in every food we eat, and as for fiber, water is needed to eliminate all toxins in the body completely.Eat fruits and vegetables.Advertisement
By following the above information, I am sure you will lose weight in less than a month!
Can Acupuncture Help in Reducing Bodyweight?
Successful and lasting weight-loss is incredibly difficult for most individuals to achieve. Lots of men and women chose different types of diet plans, but they recover the load they lost plus some additional pounds.
As such, more and more individuals go for acupuncture. They want to combat obesity and deal with the bodyweight problem at once. Acupuncture is no longer new. People have been practicing acupuncture for more than 5,000 years. It is even older than any European healing treatments and weight loss methods.
Acupuncture Weight Loss Therapy
Acupuncture weight-loss therapy includes what most individuals think of when they think about acupuncture. Placing hair-thin pins into body parts can help the digestive system function properly.
Acupuncture promotes the rapid release of hormones that will let the body enjoy the magnificent works of pain-relieving substances. Acupuncture weight-loss treatments help control hunger by launching these hormones. In the case of obese sufferers, the acupuncture professional studies the person by asking various questions.
Objective of Acupuncture for Weight Loss
The objective of the evaluation process is to understand the leading causes of obesity. A person's behavior plays a vital role especially when it comes to dieting. Another factor that must be verified is the physical condition of an individual. There are instances when obesity could be an adverse effect of a sickness or health problem.
Once the licensed acupuncturist determined the principal causes of obesity, the acupuncture expert will then place tiny needles into different parts of the body to be able to help improve the performance of the digestive tract. Eventually, the process will enhance weight-loss.
An acupuncture professional who is also an expert in acupuncture weight-loss techniques will probably use a multi-targeted approach. They may make an effort to reduce an individual's body mass by enhancing the works of the anterior pituitary, human gland.
They would also probably work on reducing urges for certain foods. In addition, these highly trained weight loss acupuncturists would make an effort to motivate the rapid loss of constant hunger. Certain pin positions can reduce the rapid increase of blood insulin level or fat level in the blood stream.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Weight Loss
A benefit of acupuncture weight-loss therapy is that as opposed to certain medications, there are no harmful, adverse reactions. Moreover, the person does not have to worry when it comes to addiction to drugs. It is a perfectly organic means of enhancing the individual's weight-loss initiatives.
Acupuncture weight-loss treatments need to be recurring or done of a rather consistent basis. This is to ensure a positive outcome. However, the acupuncture professional will advise the affected person that the therapy may not be sufficient.
Attention should also be given to exercise and dieting. One just cannot keep on consuming all types of food. Disregarding the calorie content will make one extremely fat. The acupuncture professional may provide the dieter with certain recommendations as to the right physical activities and the diet that they must be followed. It is always necessary to maintain the right flow of energy throughout the body.
If a person has been experiencing weight issues, he should consider shifting to acupuncture weight-loss therapy. This way, the body receives the perfect boost of weight-loss hormones.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- When you start on an exercise plan, you need to make sure that the amount of calories that you are consuming is lower than the amount that you are burning off.
- When taking water with you on running session, it is much better to choose a plastic bottle that you can hold with your hand. It is much comfortable that those with handles.
- Don't let rain put you off when running. It cab be very refreshing to run with the rain coming down on you; it cools you off as you heat up from running.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Start a Weight Loss Program. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Start_a_Weight_Loss_Program
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Start a Weight Loss Program." VisiHow, visihow.com/Start_a_Weight_Loss_Program Accessed 26 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Start a Weight Loss Program." Accessed Jun 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Start_a_Weight_Loss_Program.