Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. This is a series on how to play the trumpet. In the previous tutorial, we taught you how to play staccato. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to stand in a correct posture while playing the trumpet. Now that we know how to hold the trumpet correctly, we need to know how to stand correctly in order to play well.
- 5Let's play a slurred C major scale with good posture. Then, let's play the same scale with bad posture. Correct posture entails good support, correct breathing, overall control, effective embouchure, and good support. Bad posture does not give you much confidence while playing, and it also does not give the audience much confidence in you. Bad posture also takes some air out of the lungs by limiting your diaphragm usage when breathing.Now let's play two examples.
- 8In order to build good technique, you need to have correct posture. As it has been said, proper posture includes standing up straight and feeling relaxed. Hold the trumpet straight, with the correct stance.Remember that while you may not hear a big difference, your appearance on stage or during a performance is very important.Advertisement
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to stand with the right posture while playing the trumpet. If you're having trouble standing in the correct posture when playing the trumpet, then simply leave your questions, comments, or suggestions in the area below; and we'll do our best to get back to you. Thanks for choosing VisiHow! Have a great day!
See more tutorials on playing the trumpet:
- Tune a Trumpet
- Play Staccato on the Trumpet
- Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
- Play Legato on the Trumpet
- Empty Spit out of the Trumpet
- Play with Lips Trills on the Trumpet
- Improve Double Tonguing Notes on the Trumpet
- Play Arpeggios on the Trumpet
- Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
- Play Intervals on Trumpet
- Do Buzzing Exercises When Playing the Trumpet
- Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz When Playing the Trumpet
- Hold the Trumpet
- Single Tongue the Trumpet
- Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
- Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Video: Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Stand_in_the_Correct_Posture_While_Playing_the_Trumpet
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet." VisiHow, visihow.com/Stand_in_the_Correct_Posture_While_Playing_the_Trumpet Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Stand_in_the_Correct_Posture_While_Playing_the_Trumpet.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Toradze