Spend a Vacation in Multi-Island Philippines
Edited by Christine dela Cruz, Robbi, Eng, Dougie-1
The Philippines has a very rich history which makes the entire country an interesting fusion of different cultures. Being an archipelago, with more than 7,100 islands, there's definitely a lot to discover. Enjoy Your Philippine Holiday - Things to Do in the Philippines in the Philippines are close to endless. Each of these islands has its own unique features that will distinguish it from the rest. If you have enough time to spare, the Philippines is definitely worth exploring.
The sights, the sound and even the Choose Philippine Cuisine are calling you to come and pay a visit to the islands.
- 1 Interesting Facts and Figures about the Philippines
- 2 Luzon: Manila Major Areas of Interest
- 3 Preview of Things to do in the Philippines during a Holiday
- 4 Reliable Hotels to Choose
- 5 Comments
Interesting Facts and Figures about the Philippines
- The Philippines is formally referred to as Republic of the Philippines.
- It is one of the countries in Southeast Asia and is in the western side of the Pacific Ocean.
- The location of the Philippines on the Pacific Ring of Fire and the fact that it is very near the equator cause the numerous typhoons and seasonal earthquakes that occur in the land. On a brighter side, however, this seemingly unfortunate location is also one of the factors that lead to the abundance of natural resources in the Philippines. In fact, the Philippines is among the countries with the greatest level of biodiversity in the world.
- There are more than 7100 islands in the Philippines, and these islands are grouped into 3 major divisions: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
- The capital, Manila, is in Luzon.
- The Philippines is among the top 20 most populous countries in the world.
- The history of the Philippines shows the influence of various nations, especially those which colonized the country. Traces of Spanish and American influence are very evident in the overall lifestyle of the Filipinos.
Luzon: Manila Major Areas of Interest
- 1This is considered the biggest business district in Manila. Most of the head offices of huge companies are located here. Also, major 5-star hotels stand side by side in this area. The commercial complex here, called Ayala Center, boasts of thousands of shops and restaurants, from low end to luxury. You would be able to find anything that you might need here in terms of metropolitan living.Makati City.Advertisement
- 2The highlight of this city is a relatively new commercial complex established within the past 10 years only, called Bonifacio Global City. The overall layout of this place looks very Western and you would see a lot of high-end high-rise condominiums, shopping malls, and some really fancy restaurants.Taguig City.Advertisement
- 3The 3 international airports in Manila are all located in Pasay City. Aside from this, you would also see the Mall of Asia, which is said to be one of the biggest malls in Asia. In addition, the Resorts World complex is also just across the Terminal 3 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. This is a recently opened entertainment complex including casinos, theaters, restaurants, hotels, and the like.Pasay City.
- 4This is another city that is home to another business district in Manila, called Ortigas Center. Aside from this, you would see yet another huge shopping mall, called SM Megamall, which is among the chains of SM malls by the magnate Henry Sy.Pasig City.
- 5This holds part of the commercial complex within Ortigas Center. SM Megamall is in fact formally sitting within Mandaluyong City because it is at the border between Pasig City and Mandaluyong.Mandaluyong City.
- 6This is the most populous city in Manila. While the area is predominantly residential, you'd still be able to find here two major commercial complexes. One is Araneta Center, which is home to the famous Smart Araneta Coliseum where most major shows and other performances are held. The Araneta Center is also home to Ali Mall, which is one of the first few modern shopping malls in the Philippines some decades ago. This mall is also named after the famous boxer, Muhammad Ali. The other commercial complex in Quezon City is called Eastwood, which has become like a mini business district and shopping area. This area is dense in terms of the number of condominiums as well, which is becoming the lifestyle in the Philippines.Quezon City.
- 7At downtown Manila, you will see various heritage sites, including a park dedicated to a national hero as well as several other areas where you see various traces of history.Manila.
Preview of Things to do in the Philippines during a Holiday
- 1The Philippines is fortunate to have such beautiful natural surroundings. At the same time, the Filipinos are known to possess various skills and talents, that's why you will also find several man-made structures that are equally amazing as the natural ones.Sightseeing.Advertisement
- 2Since the Philippines has more than 7100 islands, it definitely boasts of a lot of beaches, most of which have white sands that are almost comparable to powder. The popular resorts in the Philippines have also managed to create a lively atmosphere around the beach. Therefore, aside from dipping in clear, blue waters, beachgoers can also enjoy parties and interactions.Beach time.
- 3In addition to just swimming and partying in the beach, there are various spots that are ideal for diving as well. The density of corals in the Philippines is one of the highest compared to other countries in the world. Biodiversity is also high and as such, you can expect to see a good variation of marine species when you dive.Diving.
- 4Aside from diving, there are many other water sports that you can do. You can do surfing, kayaking, white water rafting, wakeboarding, and even frisbee and beach volleyball.Outdoor sports.
- 5Nothing beats the relaxation that you can get from a good massage or spa pampering after a whole day of sightseeing and outdoor sports. Tourist spots normally have provisions for this. Even hotels would include this in the services they offer.Massage or spa pampering.
- 6Immersing into the Filipino culture.
- 7Filipinos are known for their talent in the arts. Therefore, cultural shows will fascinate you, especially if you choose the really good ones which are participated in by veteran artists.Attendance to cultural shows.
- 8There are several malls in the Philippines, and this pertains to really huge shopping malls that contain almost everything that you need. Aside from shopping malls, night markets and bargain stalls are also quite common. The Philippines is rather updated when it comes to the latest trends, so you are for sure not going to be left behind.Shopping.
- 9If you visit the more cosmopolitan areas of the Philippines, you will be surprised to experience a good nightlife. There are several bars to choose from. Entertainment in the Philippines is also outstanding because Filipinos are very talented, especially when it comes to singing.Nightlife.
Reliable Hotels to Choose
- 1This is a 5-star hotel located at the corner of Roxas Boulevard and EDSA. If you are looking for a place to stay in Manila that is rather near the airport, this is ideal. However, compared to Ayala Center in Makati, this one does not have much establishments directly around it. The Mall of Asia is nearby, but you would need a short taxi ride to get there. If we are talking about anything that's within walking distance, there may not be that much option from here.Heritage Hotel.
- 2This is a 5-star hotel situated right in the middle of Ayala Center, at the corner of the main road Ayala Avenue and Makati Avenue. It is well-known for its ladder fountain just outside of the hotel, by the corner. Some people would call it "The Pen" for short.Manila Peninsula.
- 3This is just right across the Manila Peninsula and is by the entrance of the Ayala Center. From here, everything that you may need is already within access.Shangrila Makati.
- 4This is another Shangrila hotel in Manila, but is located in Mandaluyong City, near EDSA. It is right across the SM Megamall and it is attached to the Shangrila mall. It is within the Ortigas Center, which is another business district in Manila.EDSA Shangrila.
- 5This is a 4-star hotel in the middle of Ortigas Center in Pasig. It is a few meters away from SM Megamall.Richmonde Hotel.
- 6This is another 4-star hotel and is part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group. This is directly attached to Robinson's Galleria in Ortigas and is walking distance from the famous EDSA Shrine where a lot of Philippine revolutions had taken place.Crown Plaza.
- 7This is a combination of office, apartment, and hotel. This is just across Podium in Ortigas Center, which is a small high-end shopping mall. It is also almost at the back of the headquarters of the Asian Development Bank in the Philippines.Discovery Suites.Advertisement
Interested in Staying Safe on Your Philippine Vacation?
Curious About the Best Things to See and Do in the Philippines?
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Eng, Robbi, Christine dela Cruz