Speed up the response of mobile phones
Edited by mae sherlaine salgado, Lynn, Maria, Clifford and 2 others
Mobile phones are very sensitive. The capability, capacity, response time and lifespan of mobile phones depends greatly on who is using it, and how it is being used. There are different ways to take good care of your mobile phone. You need to know how to use it right, in order to avoid problems and malfunctions.
- 1There is a difference between phone memory and a memory card.A memory card is a removable card, or external memory, for mobile phones. You always need to maintain enough space in the phone's memory to run applications.Advertisement
- 2Delete or remove some unnecessary applications.Tap the "Settings"icon, then tap "Application" then remove those applications that you do not use. This will free up precious memory space, and speed up your phone system immensely.Advertisement
- 3Save and install applications to your memory card, rather than to the phone's storage.Install "AppMgr III (App 2 SD)" from the Play Store. This will enable you to move some application from your phone memory to your external memory.
- 4Move some applications that are already installed to your phone's memory.
- 5Delete internet cache and cookies because, it eats space from phone's memory.You could do this by tapping "Setting", and then scroll down to "Privacy Setting". On the next screen tap "Clear All Cookie Data" and tap "OK". You have to repeat this for the cache and browser history.
- 6Always clear your phone history or logs.
- 8Delete messages from your inbox, outbox and sent items folder at least once or twice a month.
- 9Install Antivirus to your mobile phone, and run it at least twice a month.This will help remove viruses that will cause a problem to mobile response.
- 10Disable Background data.Background data includes notifications and Auto sync. You can do this by going to "Setting" then tap "Data Usage". Pressing the menu button will enable you to toggle "Restrict Background Data", and also the option to "Auto sync".
- 11Remove unnecessary widgets and shortcuts.Widgets do eat some of your phone's memory, and thus slows down your phone.
- 12Avoid damaging your device because it might affect the system function.
- 13Always keep your device in a safe place.
- 14Install a new app launcher.There are many home launchers from the Google Play Store that you could install, which are a lot faster and responsive than the default Home Launcher in your phone.
- 15App Launchers that you could use:
- ADW Launcher. known for many options that could boost your phone performance.
- Launcher Pro. One of the most responsive home screen launchers on the market.
- Solo Launcher. Fastest Android launcher, especially for games and apps.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Always keep in mind that applications affect your mobile phone's functions.
- Do not install unnecessary files and applications.
- Try not to keep your device in your pocket (so you can avoid buttons being pressed, especially with touchscreen devices).
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Melissa Meyer, Clifford, Maria