Speed up Torrent with just a few clicks
Edited by Michael Mangada, Charmed, Eng, Alma and 5 others
Downloading through torrent is just so boring if you don't have the right settings or enough speed. Sometimes it takes more than a week just to finish one download. Here's how to get the maximum download speed with just a few clicks.
- 8Still in Advance Settings look for peer.disconnect_inactive_interval and set it to 120.Click apply and Click Apply and start downloading.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- For maximum speed make sure there are no other users connected in your network that are downloading or using great amount of speed like streaming.
- If you think the speed in not enough try my other post that will give more speed Increase uTorrent download speed .
- Make sure the torrent you are downloading has more seeders than leechers, more seeders means more speed when downloading.
Questions and Answers
What do seeds and peers have to do with the download speed of torrents?
I was downloading a movie few days back which had "0" seeds and "1" peers. When I started downloading it, the speed was very slow (in bits per second). Why does this happen? Is there any solution for this?
Seed is a person who has already downloaded the torrent. Peer, also known as leecher, is a person who hasn't downloaded the entire file, but has downloaded part of it, and is sharing the part they have downloaded. Because of this, the greater the number of seeds and peers for a given file, the faster you will be able to download it.
By finding a torrent with a great number of seeds and peers, you'll be able to improve your download speeds, and access the full file more quickly. For additional tips on how to speed up your Torrent downloads, please reference the main article above. If you still need help, or additional information on Torrents, just let us know in the Questions section.
uTorrent seems to have stopped up/down loading, went through the steps here still the same, any thoughts?
No down or up activity. Went through the VisiHow steps - no change. Went through the steps in the article - no change.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: Grimm, Jacob, vikyy