Sort Attractions in TripAdvisor by Current Location on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to sort the list of attractions in your current location when using the TripAdvisor application on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3On the home screen, we need to find the TripAdvisor tile.It has a green background, and in the middle is the TripAdvisor logo, which is a very hypnotic owl with two large eyes, one red and one green. If the TripAdvisor tile has not been pinned to the home screen, swipe left and find it in the Apps menu.
- 7Press down on the "attractions" box, and it will open up a list of different attractions in our location.It's important to point out that the Microsoft Lumia 535 and this application needs to be set up to track your location. That way it knows where you are, and it can provide this service. It's also important to remember that this sorting function cannot be used in the other sections of this application. If you just search manually for a hotel, restaurant, or attraction, you won't be able to sort those results like you can in this section. The results can only be sorted in this "Near me now" section, as it states at the top of the "attractions" screen.
- 8To sort the results, press the third icon at the bottom, the green circle with an up and down arrow inside.This will bring up two "Sort Options". It might be better to have more options to actually filter this list more deeply, but unfortunately we cannot. The only options we have are "Distance" and "Popularity".
- 9Press down on "Popularity" because it is the one that is not selected.This will then sort the attractions by popularity. By popularity, it means the results are ranked through reviews that are left by TripAdvisor users. Each of the attractions has five circles. Some of the circles have green in them, and some have white in them. If there's green in them, the review is better, and if there's white in them, then it's worse.
- 14The first option in this demonstration, "Travelcaucasas", is 0.31 miles away.As we scroll down, they will get further and further away from our current location. The distance is currently measured in miles, but it is possible to change this to kilometers if desired. You can find a video on how to do that on this website.
- 15You can see how we are able to sort this list by distance as well as by popularity.This concludes our tutorial on how to sort the list of attractions in your current location when using the TripAdvisor application on a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you.Advertisement
Video: Sort Attractions in TripAdvisor by Current Location on Microsoft Lumia 535
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.