Solve Data Plan Error In Blackberry
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Mohsin, Charmed, Eng and 15 others
I have been using Blackberry for almost a month, overall performance, battery life and especially its keypad is quite awesome, way better than my previous Galaxy S2. When it comes to networking, superb signals even in low frequency areas, fast internet speed even in 2G. But what really teasing me is the data plan service error, whenever it tries to open Facebook or BlackBerry world it gives me an error, On Facebook it is like "You are currently on a service that does not support this application, please connect to a WiFi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan". And on BlackBerry World "BB world is having problem connecting to BB world server, verify your network connection and try again" All these happen while I am connected to my WiFi network. So, I tried something and it worked pretty well it worked permanently for me but if you still have such problems try it again.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Tips, Reminders & Warnings
3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 I can't open all my applications in my BlackBerry Torch 9800?
- 3.2 Hi, BB 9900 cannot connect to BB world?
- 3.3 My blackberry 9700 BIS is on please help?
- 3.4 I am using blackberry curve 9320?
- 3.5 Can I use my BB data subscription on a laptop?
- 3.6 HOW TO CHANGE MY BLACKBERRY SERVICE PLAN?
- 3.7 Apps not working on data connection in blackberry?
- 3.8 When I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application?
- 3.9 Can I recover my contacts in my BlackBerry Torch 9810?
- 3.10 My phone got hanged while entering the password many times and now it is showing an error, and the phone is not working?
- 3.11 My blackberry bold 4 doesn't allow me to use Facebook on data plan?
- 4 Comments
- 5Delete everything in it, some can't be deleted so leave them.
- 6After deleting everything wait 2-3 minutes and turn off your device.
- 7Pull out the battery wait for 5 more minutes and then insert the battery and turn on your device.
- 8Turn data network off, turn WiFi on and try connecting to Facebook and Blackberry.
- 9If after two or three days you have the same problem try this method again.
Tips, Reminders & Warnings
- Before you remove the battery make sure that the charge is enough for the proper boot.
- Make sure that you are having this error even after you are connected to WiFi.
- Try it at your own risk, even though there is no danger in it.
Questions and Answers
I can't open all my applications in my BlackBerry Torch 9800?
When I open one of my applications this message always comes up; "you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a WiFi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data". I have tried: I tried to delete the advanced settings and turn it off and remove the battery. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I think every BlackBerry user suffer from this problem
This is an issue with your Carrier Account. Your Blackberry Data Plan for Internet has to be enabled. Contact your carrier to correct your situation. For now, use Hotspot by going into Settings>Options > Advanced > Browser, set it to Hotspot. Once you have saved your selection you should be able to install the app. Now, this still will not completely solve the data error with your carrier though so you will need to contact them.
Hi, BB 9900 cannot connect to BB world?
I have a BB 99, I received it as a gift. I connected to BB world and downloaded WhatsApp, that is it, the next morning I was unable to connect to BB. Any clues? I just tried your settings listed on the page. Hope it will work.. Thanks for reply.. Regards. I have tried: Checked networks, tried to connect, enables GPRS, everything that is possible.. I think it was caused by: Network connection being disabled somewhere
If you receive the message that the BB World is unable to connect:
- 1Login to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore on a PC.
- 2Sign in with your Blackberry Account and go to "My world."
- 3Download the plugin for BB World.
- 4Connect your Blackberry 9900 to the PC with your cable from the charger.
- 5Even if you are signed in, do the process anyway.Login on your phone to your Blackberry Account.
- 6Go to BB World on your device and refresh the list in "My world" on your BB 9900.
My blackberry 9700 BIS is on please help?
Hi, my BIS on my blackberry 9700 is on but when I want to connect to the internet to go on Google it says that I must use WiFi my service plan is not right but I tested the phone know with Vodocom MTN and Cellc still says the same thing. I have tried: I did phone my service provider several times. I think it was caused by: don't know bought the phone from someone
Use the HotSpot method explained above in the Questions and Answers section on this page. Whoever had your number before did not properly transfer the phone plan. You need a Data Plan to be enabled to use the Internet on a Blackberry.
I am using blackberry curve 9320?
Every time I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. How do I resolve it?
What kind of Data Plan do you have? This is a warning reserved for users of BB that do not have a data plan enabled. Perhaps yours is at the max limit already that was pre-set with your carrier. Use the HotSpot method but contact your carrier to discuss the issue with your Data Plan.
Can I use my BB data subscription on a laptop?
I did subscribe to the BlackBerry service recently, but my phone has some problems that will take the time to solve hence can I use the same subscribed SIM on a dongle?
As long as your data package supports tethering then you can use your Laptop for now.
- 1Install the Blackberry Desktop Software.
- 2Connect your Blackberry to your laptop and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- 3Select "Tools" and "Mobile Internet Settings."
- 4Choose your mobile phone carrier from the drop-down menu next to "Profile," and enter any requested information from your provider.
- 5#Choose "OK".Select "Add custom profile" if you do not see your carrier's name, and manually enter the provider's information.
- 6Find "Start Mobile Internet" followed by "Connect" and now you can use your laptop.Return to the main page of the Blackberry Desktop Software and select "Tools" again.
HOW TO CHANGE MY BLACKBERRY SERVICE PLAN?
When I want to connect to the internet on blackberry.com. this message appears BROWSING OVER THE CELLULAR NETWORK IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF YOUR SERVICE PLAN. TO BROWSE THE WEB, YOU MUST USE WiFi OR CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER TO CHANGE YOUR SERVICE PLAN. Please sir how can I resolve this issue
You need to contact your carrier and make sure that you have a Blackberry Data Plan on the internet. In the meantime, you can use the HotSpot method mentioned in the Answers section above.
Apps not working on data connection in blackberry?
I have 3G internet bundle, my browser is working perfectly, but my apps are not opening
Even though you have the internet bundle, it must be enabled to use apps like social media Facebook for instance. You will have to contact your carrier as you pay extra to have the bundle that allows apps to work over WiFi but not the 3G network.
When I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application?
When I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application
Your data plan has to be enabled to support Social Media. Blackberry and carriers have yet to get their acts together to make the data packages seemless with all apps. Use the HotSpot method to use your Facebook for now until the carrier can update your package and resolve this issue with you.
Can I recover my contacts in my BlackBerry Torch 9810?
My device just reset on its own, or maybe I press something and after that my contacts are gone. I have tried: I tried the I care data recovery and BB Protect, but nothing happened
Use the Blackberry Desktop Software. If you have ever backed up there, you will be able to restore. Once you connect your phone to the PC, you can click on your device and choose the restore option. Otherwise, your contacts are gone.
My phone got hanged while entering the password many times and now it is showing an error, and the phone is not working?
My phone got hanged while entering the password many times and now it is showing an error, and the phone is not working
Enter "blackberry" in the password field and then your password. This will unlock your phone. If you are still having issues, hold down the lock button for 30 seconds to reset the blackberry.
My blackberry bold 4 doesn't allow me to use Facebook on data plan?
My blackberry bold 4 does not allow me to use Facebook on a data plan. I have tried: I use Telenor
- 1Open your Settings/Main/Home.
- 2Select Options.
- 3Choose Advanced Options from within the Options menu.
- 4Look for "TCP" and select it.
- 5Enter APN of your carrier ( Telenor can give it to you).
Categories : Blackberry
Recent edits by: cheemi, Maria, pizza