Solve Data Plan Error In Blackberry
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Mohsin, Charmed, Eng and 15 others
I have been using Blackberry for almost a month, overall performance, battery life and especially its keypad is quite awesome, way better than my previous Galaxy S2. When it comes to networking, superb signals even in low frequency areas, fast internet speed even in 2G. But what really teasing me is the data plan service error, whenever it tries to open Facebook or BlackBerry world it gives me an error, On Facebook it is like "You are currently on a service that does not support this application, please connect to a WiFi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan". And on BlackBerry World "BB world is having problem connecting to BB world server, verify your network connection and try again" All these happens while I am connected to my WiFi network. So, I tried something and it worked pretty well it worked permanently for me but if you still have such problems try it again.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Tips, Reminders & Warnings
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 How can I use my blackberry through WiFi without having trouble?
- 3.2 Yes please. I can't receive SMS or make calls?
- 3.3 I can't open all my applications in my BlackBerry Torch 9800?
- 3.4 Hi, BB 9900 cannot connect to BB world?
- 3.5 My blackberry 9700 BIS is on please help?
- 3.6 I am using blackberry curve 9320?
- 3.7 Unable to connect to the internet?
- 3.8 After doing all the steps above, I can't connect to the WiFi anymore. Why did that happen?
- 3.9 Can I use my BB data subscription on a laptop?
- 3.10 HOW TO CHANGE MY BLACKBERRY SERVICE PLAN?
- 3.11 Every time I try to use the Facebook app my phone tells me that I don't have a data plan for the app? If I don't have that data plan how can I make the plan?
- 3.12 Apps not working on data connection in blackberry?
- 3.13 When I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application?
- 3.14 Can I recover my contacts in my BlackBerry Torch 9810?
- 3.15 My phone got hanged while entering the password many times and now it is showing an error and the phone is not working?
- 3.16 Unable to use Facebook and play video on YouTube using home WiFi?
- 3.17 My blackberry bold 4 doesn't allow me to use Facebook on data plan?
- 3.18 Short message tranfer rejected?
- 4 Comments
- 5Delete everything in it, some can't be deleted so leave them.
- 6After deleting everything wait 2-3 minutes and turn off your device.
- 7Pull out the battery wait for 5 more minutes and then insert the battery and turn on your device.
- 8Turn data network off, turn WiFi on and try connecting to Facebook and Blackberry.
- 9If after two or three days you have the same problem try this method again.
Tips, Reminders & Warnings
- Before you remove the battery make sure that the the charge is enough for the proper boot.
- Make sure that you are having this error even after you are connected to WiFi.
- Try it at your own risk, even though there is no danger in it.
Questions and Answers
How can I use my blackberry through WiFi without having trouble?
I am connected to a WiFi but then every time I am using blackberry apps like bbm bbworld and even Facebook it says that I'm currently connected on a data plan that does not support the application I'm trying to use.
Please follow the detailed steps listed in this guide, which will also correct the data plan problems you are experiencing on your Blackberry. This will allow you to connect to your applications without problems.
As an added measure, make sure you have updated your Blackberry to the latest software version, and are running the most recent versions of the applications you are trying to access.
See more questions like this: Connecting to WiFi with Blackberry curve?
Yes please. I can't receive SMS or make calls?
My BB keeps rejecting my SIM card. Don't know if it is the network, or is the phone blocked.
This error is common and occurs when the Blackberry can't connect to CDMA. Power off the phone and pull the battery out. Once you have inserted the battery again and turn the phone on, the message will disappear. You should not see it again but if you do just complete the process again then contact your carrier for a new SIM card. The good news is that the work around for this issue is simple.
I can't open all my applications in my BlackBerry Torch 9800?
When I open one of my applications this message always comes up; "you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a WiFi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data". I have tried: I tried to delete the advanced settings and turn it off and remove the battery. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I think every BlackBerry user suffer from this problem
This is an issue with your Carrier Account. Your Blackberry Data Plan for Internet has to be enabled. Contact your carrier to correct your situation. For now, use Hotspot by going into Settings>Options > Advanced > Browser, set it to Hotspot. Once you have saved your selection you should be able to install the app. Now, this still will not completely solve the data error with your carrier though so you will need to contact them.
Hi, BB 9900 cannot connect to BB world?
I have a BB 99, I has received it as gift, actually I connected to BB world and downloaded WhatsApp, that is it, the next morning I was unable to connect to BB. Any clues? I just tried your settings listed on the page. Hope it will work.. Thanks for reply.. Regards. I have tried: Checked networks, tried to connect, enables GPRS, everything that is possible.. I think it was caused by: Network connection being disabled somewhere
If you receive the message that the BB World is unable to connect:
- 1Login to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore on a PC.Advertisement
- 2Sign in with your Blackberry Account and go to "My world."
- 3Download the plugin for BB World.
- 4Connect your Blackberry 9900 to the PC with your cable from the charger.
- 5Login on your phone to your Blackberry Account.Even if you are signed in, do the process anyway.
- 6Go to BB World on your device and refresh the list in "My world" on your BB 9900.
My blackberry 9700 BIS is on please help?
Hi, my BIS on my blackberry 9700 is on but when I want to connect to the internet to go on Google it says that I must use WiFi my service plan is not right but I tested the phone know with Vodocom MTN and Cellc still says the same thing. I have tried: I did phone my service provider several times. I think it was caused by: don't know bought the phone from someone
Use the HotSpot method explained above in the Questions and Answers section on this page. Whoever had your number before did not properly transfer the phone plan. You need a Data Plan to be enabled to use the Internet on a Blackberry.
See more questions like this: How do I fix the BIS blackberry problem?
I am using blackberry curve 9320?
Every time I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. How do I resolve it?
What kind of Data Plan do you have? This is a warning reserved for users of BB that do not have a data plan enabled. Perhaps yours is at the max limit already that was pre-set with your carrier. Use the HotSpot method but contact your carrier to discuss the issue with your Data Plan.
See more questions like this: About lots of things blackberry 9320?
Unable to connect to the internet?
When I tried to connect to the internet it says "you are currently registered to a service plan that does not include this service. Please connect to a WiFi" even if I no longer subscribe to a service plan.
Blackberry devices require a plan to use the WiFi. The work around for this is the HotSpot method mentioned above in the Answers. You may have to go into Options frequently to set this up again so that you can use the WiFi while you do not have a plan with a carrier.
See more questions like this: Unable to browse with my 9320 on internet?
After doing all the steps above, I can't connect to the WiFi anymore. Why did that happen?
I had done all the steps that you explained about the error of the WiFi connection on the BlackBerry, but after I turned on the device the WiFi connection is no longer searching. Always showing there is no WiFi network found.
- 1Go to your Settings to select Options.
- 2Choose Networks and Connections > Mobile Network.
- 3Then select Diagnostics Test and choose Run.
- 4Click View, Submit or Delete a diagnostic report.
- 5Restart your device.
This will reset your connectivity again and it should repair whatever went wrong.
Can I use my BB data subscription on a laptop?
I did subscribe to the BlackBerry service recently, but my phone has some problems that will take time to solve hence can I use the same subscribed SIM on a dongle?
As long as your data package supports tethering then you can use your Laptop for now.
- 1Install the Blackberry Desktop Software.
- 2Connect your Blackberry to your laptop and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- 3Select "Tools" and "Mobile Internet Settings."
- 4Choose your mobile phone carrier from the drop-down menu next to "Profile," and enter any requested information from your provider.
- 5Select "Add custom profile" if you do not see your carrier's name, and manually enter the provider's information.#Choose "OK".
- 6Return to the main page of the Blackberry Desktop Software and select "Tools" again.Find "Start Mobile Internet" followed by "Connect" and now you can use your laptop.
See more questions like this: Each time I buy data for my BB, it is difficult for me to use. Instead, I am asked to contact my service provider?
HOW TO CHANGE MY BLACKBERRY SERVICE PLAN?
When I want to connect to the internet on blackberry.com. this message appears BROWSING OVER THE CELLULAR NETWORK IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF YOUR SERVICE PLAN. TO BROWSE THE WEB, YOU MUST USE WiFi OR CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER TO CHANGE YOUR SERVICE PLAN. Please sir how can I resolve this issue
You need to contact your carrier and make sure that you have a Blackberry Data Plan for internet. In the meantime, you can use the HotSpot method mentioned in the Answers section above.
See more questions like this: You are currently on a service plan?
Every time I try to use the Facebook app my phone tells me that I don't have a data plan for the app? If I don't have that data plan how can I make the plan?
data plan for my Facebook app. How do I do this data plan
The data plan is provided through your carrier. The HotSpot method allows you to use Facebook though without the Data Plan enabled.
See more questions like this: I can not set my internet on my BlackBerry 8520 phone which is without setting app?
Apps not working on data connection in blackberry?
I have 3G internet bundle, my browser is working perfectly but my apps are not opening
Even though you have the internet bundle it must be enabled to use apps like social media Facebook for instance. You will have to contact your carrier as you pay have the bundle that allows apps to work over WiFi but not the 3G network.
See more questions like this: I can not access the internet using mobile data on my blackberry 9850?
When I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application?
When I open my Facebook, it says that you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application
Your data plan has to be enabled to support Social Media. Blackberry and carriers have yet to get their acts together to make the data packages seemless with all apps. Use the HotSpot method to use your Facebook for now until the carrier can update your package and resolve this issue with you.
See more questions like this: I am using bb8820, I can't use Facebook application, it tells me 'contact service provider'
Can I recover my contacts in my BlackBerry Torch 9810?
My device just reset on its own or maybe I press something and after that my contacts are gone. I have tried: I tried the I care data recovery and BB Protect but nothing happened
Use the Blackberry Desktop Software. If you have ever backed up there, you will be able to restore. Once you connect your phone to the PC, you can click on your device and choose the restore option. Otherwise, your contacts are gone.
My phone got hanged while entering the password many times and now it is showing an error and the phone is not working?
My phone got hanged while entering the password many times and now it is showing an error and the phone is not working
Enter "blackberry" in the password field and then your password. This will unlock your phone. If you are still having issues, hold down the lock button for 30 seconds to reset the blackberry.
Unable to use Facebook and play video on YouTube using home WiFi?
When I am trying to access YouTube video or Facebook using my home WiFi network I get a message like your data plan is not supported coming. I have tried: Just checked your solution but not implemented it as I am afraid it may create any issues
You need to have these enabled in your Carrier data plan even though you are using your WiFi. The work around is the HotSpot method in Options and it will not cause issues with your device.
My blackberry bold 4 doesn't allow me to use Facebook on data plan?
My blackberry bold 4 does not allow me to use Facebook on data plan. I have tried: I use Telenor
- 1Open your Settings/Main/Home.
- 2Select Options.
- 3Choose Advanced Options from within the Options menu.
- 4Look for "TCP" and select it.
- 5Enter APN of your carrier ( Telenor can give it to you).Advertisement
Short message tranfer rejected?
I can't text anyone please help.Model BB bold. I have tried: I have tried so many methods ex changing the code etc. I think it was caused by: Nothing ..
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Blackberry
Recent edits by: Maria, pizza, nouman altaf