Simultaneously Use Wi-Fi and LTE on Your Galaxy S5 to Boost Download Speed
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Dougie-1, keraaa, Eng and 4 others
- 1 Samsung's most powerful phone for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 2 How to Enable Download Booster on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 3 How to Disable Download Booster on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Why is there no increase on my download speed even if I enabled Download Booster?
- 4.2 The speed of my download went fast for a while but suddenly slowed down. What is causing this?
- 4.3 I do not have any data plans available, is it OK to enable the Download Booster?
- 4.4 I've noticed that since I've enabled Download Booster, my battery drains faster. Is this normal?
- 5 Referencing this Article
- 6 Comments
Samsung's most powerful phone for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung Galaxy S5 uses the 5th generation WiFi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO (Multiple In, Multiple Out) technology for faster internet connection. The device has two internal WiFi antennas to speed up your internet speed, by 100% through your WiFi connection. Aside from this double speed, Samsung Galaxy S5 has upped the ante by allowing you to simultaneously use the WiFi connection and your data connection for faster download speeds. This is made possible with Galaxy S5's Download Booster technology, which will be discussed in details on this article.
How to Enable Download Booster on Samsung Galaxy S5
To be able to experience faster download speeds by using both your WiFi connection and data connection, follow these procedures:
- Take note: The increase in the download speed will depend on your network's data connectivity. Faster network data will allow for faster downloads.
How to Disable Download Booster on Samsung Galaxy S5
If you want to disable download booster and return to normal browsing mode, follow these procedures:
- 1Go to your Galaxy S5's Home screen.You can go to your phone's Home screen by either pressing on the Home button once or the Back key a few times.Advertisement
- 2From your Home screen, pull down the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top-most part of the screen to the middle part of it.
- 3Expand the Notification Panel.From the Notification Panel, expand your options by tapping on the "expand notification icon" located on the upper-right part of your screen.
- 4Tap on Download Booster.From the expanded notification panel, tap on the Download Booster icon (lightning icon). The icon will now turn to grey, indicating that the feature is now turned off.
- 5You have successfully disabled Download Booster on your Samsung Galaxy S5.Your browsing speed will now return to the default set-up.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Why is there no increase on my download speed even if I enabled Download Booster?
There are several reasons why there is no increase in the download speed even after you have enabled Download Booster. The following are the most common reasons:
- You do not have a WiFi or data (LTE Connection). Download Booster works on a very simple premise, it allows you to use two different internet connection sources at the same time. Even if you have enabled the feature, but you have only one of the connections available, there will be no change in the download speed.
- One of your internet sources has a very slow connection. Similar to the situation above, when one of your internet sources has a weak connection, it may not give a significant boost to the overall download speed of your device. Your download speed is only as fast as the sum of your two sources. If one of them is offering only minimal speed, then enabling Download Booster feature will not make any noticeable difference.
- Your phone is not set to use your carrier's data network. Make sure your device and your phone number are properly configured and set to allow data a connection from your network. Enabling the Download Booster feature will not have any effect on your download speed since you are not getting a connection from your carrier.
The speed of my download went fast for a while but suddenly slowed down. What is causing this?
There are different reasons why there is a sudden fluctuation in download speed. One reason could be that one source of your internet (WiFi or LTE) may fluctuate in strength. Another possible reason is that your carrier may have set limits on your downloading. If this is the case, call your network's customer service representative and ask for a plan that fits your download usage.
I do not have any data plans available, is it OK to enable the Download Booster?
You can still use Download Booster even without a data plan, but you may incur additional charges on your normal phone bills. Depending on your carrier, some charge by the minute while others charge by bandwidth consumption.
I've noticed that since I've enabled Download Booster, my battery drains faster. Is this normal?
You are sourcing your internet from the WiFi network and your data network. You are using two internal WiFi antennas and a network antenna to boost the download speed. The use of radio antennas causes your phone to use more power, thus draining the battery faster. This is normal along with the heating up of the device for long continuous use with Download Booster.
- Samsung Galaxy S5's official features. SITE 2014(accessed April 03, 2014)
- Can Samsung reinvent the wheel…again? 2014 (accessed April 03, 2014)
- The Samsung Galaxy S5's Most Dangerous Feature. 2014 (accessed April 03, 2014)
- How the Samsung Galaxy 'Download Booster' Works. 2014 (accessed April 03, 2014)
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Simultaneously Use Wi-Fi and LTE on Your Galaxy S5 to Boost Download Speed. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Simultaneously_Use_Wi-Fi_and_LTE_on_Your_Galaxy_S5_to_Boost_Download_Speed
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Simultaneously Use Wi-Fi and LTE on Your Galaxy S5 to Boost Download Speed." VisiHow, visihow.com/Simultaneously_Use_Wi-Fi_and_LTE_on_Your_Galaxy_S5_to_Boost_Download_Speed Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Simultaneously Use Wi-Fi and LTE on Your Galaxy S5 to Boost Download Speed." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Simultaneously_Use_Wi-Fi_and_LTE_on_Your_Galaxy_S5_to_Boost_Download_Speed.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Nokciu, rodriquez 3, sushil boss