Signs Your Girlfriend Is Going to Break Up with You
Edited by Donna, Doug Collins, Eng, Anonymous and 6 others
There are some very candid, straightforward women in the world who make it immediately clear if they want to break up with a man, but it seems that the majority of women prefer to give you clues, before they come right out and say, "I don't want to be with you anymore."
- 1 Why Do Women Wait So Long to Break Up With You?
- 2 Signs That Your Girlfriend is Going to Break Up With You
- 3 Tips and Tricks
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 I saw her having a fantasy with a man and we broke up.
- 4.2 Does it mean its over if she's taking too long to reply to my text?
- 4.3 My girlfriend has reduced the number of interactions with me.
- 4.4 She said she is tired of committing to us?
- 4.5 We are constantly fighting over little things?
- 4.6 She couldn't look me in the eye to break up?
- 4.7 My girlfriend recently changed she is mood less?
- 4.8 Should I break up with her, it has been roughly two years now that have been dating my girl, and problem with her is that she kind of girl that always gets angry easily, but of recent she called me and said she wants to discuss a very important thing with me, and I said OK, she told that she is no longer OK about our relationship and asked her why she said am not ready to plan life with her. I am so confused. I don't know what to do now, please I need your help?
- 4.9 How can I convince my girlfriend to be serious about our relationship?
- 4.10 How do I reply to her without upsetting our friendship and stay positive?
- 4.11 She says she does not have time to talk to me but she always finds time for friends and even post pictures about them having fun?
- 5 Comments
Why Do Women Wait So Long to Break Up With You?
There are several reasons why a woman may feign interest in having a relationship with you, when she is not really interested anymore. These reasons may include:
- You provide her with some kind of status or popularity.
- You offer financial support or she receives health benefits as your spouse.
- She really likes your friends and family and does not want to lose those relationships as well.
- She is scared of your reaction; afraid you might become angry or vindictive.
- She genuinely does not want to hurt you, but someone else has come along.
- She feels guilty that she wants to end it, but doesn't know how to stand up for herself and tell you what she wants to do
- She's afraid there is someone better out there for her and is just settling for a life with you for now
Many women also hope that if they leave you enough hints and clues, you will just get sick of her behavior and leave on your own. Often this doesn't happen, and your inability to recognize what she needs can lead to a nasty break-up.
Signs That Your Girlfriend is Going to Break Up With You
- 1She stops texting you.Texting is very important to women. It's her way of showing she intends to be involved in your life as much as possible, even when she is not by your side. A woman is never too busy to leave you a text. If your text screen is blank, she is certainly not attempting to engage with you.Advertisement
- 2She changes or hides her relationship status on Facebook without telling you.Women consider the Facebook relationship status to be a crucial part of their relationships because it tells the world that their partners are not available. If the Facebook status is hidden or even worse, if she has changed it to single this is not a subtle message - she is already considering other romantic options.Advertisement
- 3She stops talking about her life and friends.Most women will confide in you about how they feel about their friends and give you details about how their day went, without you having to ask. If a woman stops talking about her day and the people in her life or giving her opinion on topics, then its possible she is thinking of breaking up with you.
- 4She stops including you in her social life.If you are no longer invited out with her friends or family or being asked why you didn't remember a special occasion, then that is a signal from her that she does not want you to be part of her life. If it seems as if she is actually preventing you from talking to her friends and family, that is even more foreboding that a break-up is imminent.
- 5She stops asking you the details of your day.Women who are in love are interested in every single thing you do, and will always try to engage you in a conversation that shows she cares about you.
- 7Something important happens in her life and you are the last to hear about it.This is a very bad sign. It means she is not including you in her close inner circle of trusted confidantes. You shouldn't be reading about her promotion at work or that her sister had a baby on Facebook. You should be one of the first to know…unless she's lost interest in you.
- 9She is no longer affectionate with you.She might bat your hand away if you try to hold it or push you away if you try to hug her. You are the one making all of the physical overtures and not her. This is her passive-aggressive way of telling you she wants it to be over.
- 10If you compliment her, she ignores you.A woman who does not accept comments from you about her appearance does want to hear you talk about how sexy she is, in case it leads to sex. She is discouraging you by not acknowledging your appreciation of her.
- 12She doesn't let you tell the same story twice.A woman may cut you off or interrupt you if you begin telling a story to her or others that she has heard before. She is sick of you and does not revel in hearing all about your adventures yet one more time.
- 13She doesn't seem to mind if you flirt with other woman.It could be that she used to be quite jealous, and now, there is no reaction at all if another woman threatens your relationship. This is a sign that she is hoping someone else will take you off her hands, so she doesn't have to endure that ugly break-up conversation with you.
- 15She has let herself go physically and does not wax or shave.A woman who is not bothering to get waxed and gains weight might be trying to drive you away by showing a reluctance to impress you visually, or in bed.
- 17She complains about you and points out your flaws.A woman who is going to leave will complain about your personal hygiene, the way you keep house, your weight and anything else she finds flawed about you. This constant criticism is her way of building a case in her mind and your mind as to why she should be able to leave you without guilt.
- 18She picks fights with you that escalate quickly into full-blown wars.A woman who provokes arguments may be viewing you as an enemy that she must try to evict from her life. If the fights are verbally abusive or violent, then it is obvious that it is time to leave.
Tips and Tricks
- 1If you suspect a woman is trying to break up with you, but you aren't sure, there is no harm in sitting her down and asking her directly if that's what she wants.It might be easier than waiting for the situation to culminate in an ugly emotional break up, and of course you could also be wrong. She might just tell you that she has been busy or tired or pregnant, or just not aware that what she was doing was hurtful, and she actually wants to stay with you.Advertisement
- 2If she does break up with you, do not waste time chasing or begging for her to take you back.It is unlikely she will feel pity for you if she has taken so long to break up with you. If you do want her back, your best chance for success is to improve your behaviors and see if she notices.
- 3If you don't want her to leave you, consider breaking up with her first.Change your behavior based on her complaints and make sure she can see the change in you. If there is a chance for the relationship, this is it. It's always the dumpee who wants to get back together. Humans are just that way, so take advantage of it. Of course, if the relationship was really toxic she may say "Good Riddance", and if that was the case, it would have ended eventually. One variation you could try is to change your ways for about 2 weeks before you dump her. That way she sees the better "you" and the breakup will hit her harder, and she is most likely going to want to get back together with you.
- 4Be honest with yourself and take a few minutes to ask whether or not the relationship is working, before you react negatively to her behavior.Sometimes it's best to acquiesce and let her go without drama, rather than try to want someone who does not want you back.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
I saw her having a fantasy with a man and we broke up.
I saw her having a fantasy with a man and we broke up. We meet after that and spent time together and talked about it and she told me it was because of me that she did that on Facebook, in a peaceful way - and we had good sex. I have tried: Talked about it and spent time together. I think it was caused by: Hurting her.
Ask for a clean slate, a new beginning. Start getting to know each other again and reconnect. Apologize to her for your actions before you ask for the clean slate. Do not demand that she apologize back though, but most likely if she agrees to a new relationship with you, she will apologize again. You are both slightly confused right now. Make a condition that you'll have no sexual contact for 3 months, while you reconnect. This way, your connection will be built on a foundation of emotions and not sexual feelings. This is the best chance for your relationship to survive.
Does it mean its over if she's taking too long to reply to my text?
After seeing my WhatsApp status online, she texted me, but I saw it late. She has switched off her phone for three days now. Does it mean its over? I have tried: Tried to call her sister's phone. I think it was caused by: She saw my female workmate's SMS on my phone
Since it appears that you have an idea of why she could be mad at you, this would be the time to contact her in person. You think that she saw an SMS on your phone and if you have no interest in the female co-worker then you need to clear the air with your girlfriend.
My girlfriend has reduced the number of interactions with me.
Now, she is not meeting me in private as her family is over here. She doesn't have that spark in her eyes when she speaks to me. When I ask if something's wrong, she says NO! She says she is busy with her family. She talks to me in the office, but now she's afraid people are noticing, etc. When I asked her if she wanted to break up, she said, "Why do you think like this?" I don't know where it's going!
This is a normal reaction when family is around if they are pressuring her in some way. Just give her some space and understanding while her family is visiting. You could offer to meet them if this relationship is serious enough. This would be the perfect time to bring up the validity of your relationship and ask to meet her family.
She said she is tired of committing to us?
My girlfriend said she is tired of commitment in our relationship and that she wanted to break up with me though there's nothing I did to upset her in any way
Even though you did not upset her, she is in a different path in her life. Perhaps she is feeling that your relationship is causing issues with work or school. The best thing to do would be to offer to let her out of the relationship. Explain to her that you still would like to be in her life and see what her reaction is.
We are constantly fighting over little things?
Today we cleaned and everything was great. then later she got mad cause she said I moved the super glue even tho I knew exactly where it was.. I have tried: I've tried talking with her about it. it just seems to make it worse. I think it was caused by: She want to break up
Sometimes there is frustration in a relationship for no reason other than she is blowing off steam. If she is stressed about other events happening in her life, she may take it out on you. Did she receive a distressing call or is a project due for work or school soon? Shake it off and do not fall into the trap of bickering over small matters. It is not easy to just drop your part in a squabble but there is truth in the phrase of pick your battles.
She couldn't look me in the eye to break up?
My girlfriend of 13 months broke up with me in her car, could not look me in the eyes to tell me. what does this mean?. I think it was caused by: Nervous about our future. we just booked our first long distance trip together 5 days prior to this.
Fear of commitment is tough to deal with when you are the other person in the relationship. You booked a long distance trip and then she broke up with you. Perhaps it was because she is afraid of settling down but, you need to speak with her to request the real reasons for the break up. Explain to her that there were no signs, you had just booked a trip. It also could have been financial if she was covering her cost of the trip. No matter what, the only way you will get closure and have a chance to repair the relationship is for her to be completely honest with you.
My girlfriend recently changed she is mood less?
She is so hard on me even with very small issues she gets mad with me the whole day. I have tried: I have tried to ask her what is the problem but she says she is okay and there is nothing wrong but I can feel. I think it was caused by: Recently it was her birthday but I didn't buy her a gift
She feels that you did not put thought into her special day. Although belatedly, get her a gift for her birthday. If you can't afford one then make her a jar filled with all the different things that make her special to you. Just write them down on slips of paper. Do 365 reasons you see the benefit of her in your life with a note on the front of the jar stating that she read one a day for an entire year. Do whatever you can to show her that she is special to you.
Should I break up with her, it has been roughly two years now that have been dating my girl, and problem with her is that she kind of girl that always gets angry easily, but of recent she called me and said she wants to discuss a very important thing with me, and I said OK, she told that she is no longer OK about our relationship and asked her why she said am not ready to plan life with her. I am so confused. I don't know what to do now, please I need your help?
Hi, it has been roughly two years now that have been dating my girl, and problem with her is that she kind of girl that always gets angry easily, but of recent she called me and said she wants to discuss a very important thing with me, and I said OK, she told that she is no longer OK about our relationship and asked her why she said am not ready to plan life with her. I am so confused. I don't know what to do now, please I need your help I have tried: I have begged her. I think it was caused by: I don't really know
After two years, she is requesting a deeper level of commitment. Often relationships are not in the same path of commitment. To fix this, ask her what she needs from you to feel secure that she has a future with you. There may need to be some compromise such as an engagement that last two years before marriage. Perhaps you can offer her a promise ring as a sign on commitment. The fact is, there will need to be some level plan of a future for her to feel that this relationship will last.
How can I convince my girlfriend to be serious about our relationship?
I have been in love with my girlfriend for 3 years but she seems to be not interested in our relationship anymore. She said I should not rush to plan on marriage but marriage will happen on its own. Should l wait in this relationship? We broke up twice, but now she is back and insists that she is not yet ready for a marriage as she wants to do things on her own first.
The good news is that she is being honest with you. If you do love her then you will be able to wait while she tests standing on her own two feet as an adult. This is not an easy thing to do when you want to be married as soon as possible. Your future marriage will be stronger though because she will not resent being tied down into a marriage. Tell her to let you know when she is ready for a bigger commitment and that you will support her in her own journey as of now.
How do I reply to her without upsetting our friendship and stay positive?
Girlfriends text- says she prefers to go on holiday with her dog. Holidays change of heart. She lives 90 miles away. We text a lot
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
She says she does not have time to talk to me but she always finds time for friends and even post pictures about them having fun?
She does not have time to talk to me. I text and she does not respond. I try to be there but she just ignores it in a way. We don't talk about our life anymore or our plans. she hardly even reads all my texts and she does not respond to any. I might be the one but is this normal?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: william john, crampo, Nuance