Show Your Girlfriend You Are Mad
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Anonymous, Eng, Lynn and 12 others
Some people are born to be naturally good at showing they're mad, while some are not. If you're girlfriend recently made a mistake that you can't just overlook, then you have to make sure she understands your sentiments. If she knows you as a laid-back person who will just move on past the matter, then she will never learn to stop making you mad. Are you not being treated seriously? Here are sure-fire ways to show your girlfriend you are mad - and mean business.
- 1 First Things First
- 2 How to Show your Girlfriend You're Mad
- 3 Fighting Right With your Girlfriend
- 4 Tips, Tricks and Warning
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 What if the boyfriend tends to show he is mad all the time, causing confusion?
- 5.2 Can you help me this girl, she really ruined it?
- 5.3 Does giving the silent treatment send a good message?
- 5.4 How can I dominate my girlfriend?
- 5.5 What is the best way to calm my girlfriend down after an argument?
- 5.6 How can I agree with my girlfriend?
- 5.7 My girlfriend never tells me anything whenever I ask her what she have for me today...every time she says nothing at all?
- 5.8 Hi, Mahn,I Love her but she's in love with someone in her school?
- 5.9 Should I be angry at her for basically bouncing out on our date?
- 5.10 How to make my girlfriend love me forever and respect me as a man and at the same time doesn't fear me and talks from her heart?
- 5.11 She calls me bhai (brother) and its irritating to me. What should I do?
- 5.12 She has done a mistake and she dominants me and she is never aware of her mistakes, she defends herself?
- 5.13 My girlfriend made a call at dawn with another guy. I complained about it but she sees no fault with it?
- 5.14 My girlfriend is avoiding me, and exchanging words with me, what can I do to make things go back as usual?
- 5.15 I dated my Ex for a year and we have been through a lot of ups and downs. But she has the behavior at times that makes me doubt if she really loves me. I have confronted her on several occasions where she ends up saying something like I feel disconnected from you at times. My Ex is someone who does things to annoy me repeatedly. Even after I get mad at her and she asks for forgiveness, she still repeats what made me angry in the first place without any remorse. Now we broke up some months ago after coerced her to tell me why she keeps on canceling dates repeatedly and giving me attitude. After our break up, I ignored her completely. But after about a month she began pestering me for us to be together again, I at first was ignoring such conversations, but we began talking after a while and when I started showing interests she began exhibiting her usual behaviors. Do you think I should just forget about her totally and move on?
- 5.16 Girlfriend didn't tell me her birthday? have to find out otherwise?
- 5.17 If been in love with this gal for couple of months now, everything was cool between us when we started this affair, I took her for a night out and we had our 1st intercourse. If I don't text or call her she just kept quite, and now at the current moment its difficult for me to get her quality time and she hasn't got no reason for that, so I suspect someone behind close doors and when I pop it out she is just not taking it seriously because she'd not giving me a straight answer but always ask me; that I always think that she's bad. I was supportive to her but I stopped because if realized that it looks like she's not appreciating my efforts because she is not changing her actions against me. Now it became hard for me to ask her does she really love me or what? or is she scared of me because I am 4 years older than her? Its really confusing me honestly?
- 5.18 One look at her and I can not quite explain?
- 5.19 What am I supposed to do? How do I react?
- 6 Comments
First Things First
You might be wondering if you really must show how angry you are to your girlfriend. So before we start the ways to show you mean business to your girlfriend, you have to first understand your current situation. Below is a checklist that you really need to consider if you want to show your anger to your girlfriend; see which things apply to you.
- She made the same mistake with you again, and its one she vowed never to do again. Despite her sympathetic perception of her plight, you might want to see if her apologies really are sincere; if not then you are justified in being angry with her.
- She shuns your goodwill. If you're essentially a forgiving person, one who doesn't plant seeds of hatred, then you're girlfriend might take advantage of it. Notice if she is disregarding your approaches, even though you are willing to forgive her of her mistakes. Some girls who take their boyfriends for granted don't care if they forgive them or not. If this is the case, then you have to act fast. Not only can this result in more strife between you, but it can also gradually lead to fall-out.
- She forces her apologies to you. Some girls actually do this. Once they make a mistake, they will immediately go to their boyfriends, give apologies, and firmly ask for forgiveness immediately. This strategy is used by girls to avoid any conflicts that might arise from their mistakes, and also to mask their actions. If this is the case, then you should strongly consider showing your girlfriend that you mean business.
If your situation applies to any of the above circumstances, then you ought to make your intentions known to your girlfriend. Not all mistakes in the relationships can be laughed off - a strong relationship relies on each other's understanding and respect for each other. If you're ready, then it's time you know the techniques you can use to show her you mean business.
How to Show your Girlfriend You're Mad
Have "the Talk"
What is a more effective step to show that you are angry than having "the talk"? This step should be the first thing you consider before anything else. Most girls are understanding and will take you more seriously if you use this strategy first, rather than throwing fits of anger. You can do this in different manners.
- Take her on a date. It is crucial for your girlfriend to understand if you're angry with something she does. Remember that an angry girlfriend will be less inclined to listen to you and might even contest your anger with hers. Sit down with her at a favorite restaurant and talk about recent events and her actions that offended you and made you angry. Try to compose yourself and remember to get straight to the point. Avoid discourtesies and speak in a firm and strong voice. Remember to allow her to eat first before talking with her, as you might end up spoiling her appetite if the conversation goes bad.
- Talk to her in your quiet time. This could be a time when both of you are in your home, chilling. Call her over and say that you want to talk to her about something. If your girlfriend already knows she is guilty, then it is understandable if she tries to avoid the conversation or makes excuses. When she does, be firm and tell her that other things can wait. Once both of you are "comfortable" enough to talk. It's time for you to let her know that you're angry with her because of things she has done recently, or in any other circumstances. Allow her to reason with you, but not before you're done explaining your sentiments.
The Silent Treatment
If you think giving her the cold shoulder is better than any talk you can give, or if you've tried talking and that failed, then it may be time that you settle for giving her the silent treatment. Not only does this show clearly that you're mad and that her mistakes will not be overlooked, but it also signifies your intention to make her apologize for her recent misconduct (if any) and make amends with you. The silent treatment is a double-edged sword, however, and it can backfire on you. Just remember to make your intentions known before giving her the cold shoulder, as she might look at it the wrong way and end up messing around with you more.
Cut her off when she rambles
Some girls might also directly apologize for their actions or misconduct. She will do this not really to make amends with you, but only to spare herself from your anger over her actions. When this happens, it's best that you cut her off. Even in mid-speech, say "enough" with force, cross your arms and stare at her. If she stops and gapes at you in return, then she gets it that you're mad for real and won't settle for mere apologies. Once you have her attention, then you can state your purpose and speak to her regarding her actions and make her regret her misconducts. Remember not to be unreasonable or over-bearing with your speech. Be as reasonable and cool-tempered as you can throughout your outburst - if that's possible.
Have a "Cool-off"
Sometimes, things can only be settled while you are apart from her. This step should only be taken if nothing else works, yet you don't want her out of your life completely. If you can't talk to her, or if she's not talking to you, simply send her a message (an email or a text message), just as long as you're sure she will receive it. Why not write her a letter, if it suits you? The time apart can make her realize that you really are angry with her and will not tolerate her misconduct. Be firm when you're doing this step. The time both of you needs depends on the gravity of her actions and you're level of anger with her. Even when you're away from her, remember to give her messages here and there to let her know that you're always ready to forgive her and get back with her if she change her ways.
Fighting Right With your Girlfriend
While some might argue that men naturally abhor serious conversation in a relationship, it's also worth knowing that men usually have no problems airing their grievances when their girlfriends anger them greatly. So what will you do if your girlfriend has gotten mad at you for being "mad at her"?
Deal with the Real Problem
If your girlfriend has done or said something that caused your angry response, then that's the thing you should fight about. Do not drag up a lot of irrelevant things which happened in the past, nor throw any other bunch of annoying experiences in the mix. If you do, she'll only take your anger as a complaint, and you're not going to get the problem solved. Resist the urge to be angry at something and throw it at her when it's not the point in your fight. If you do, you will only seem irrational and this can diminish your argument regarding the bigger issue.
Tips, Tricks and Warning
- Do not resort to physical or mental abuse.
- Be ready to forgive, but not always to forget.
- Consider going to a counselor for support.
- Ask your girlfriend's family for help if needed.
- Be true to yourself; don't sugarcoat everything.
Questions and Answers
What if the boyfriend tends to show he is mad all the time, causing confusion?
It's true, there is a thin line between reasonable and confusing anger. If you step out of bounds and act all angry/mad without reason, it will only serve to confuse your girlfriend, not to make her pay or realize and move to correct her mistakes. For what it's worth, look at the checklist below so you know you're not being mad without reason.
- Assess yourself and see if there is a basis for your actions.
- Stop getting angry/mad with your girlfriend once the issue is settled.
- Do not let anger get the best of you, or else it will get the best out of your relationship.
- Talk "heart-to-heart" with your girlfriend. Remember to be the person you were when you started the relationship.
- My best advice is: THERE IS NEVER A REASON TO BE UNKIND...Never.
Can you help me this girl, she really ruined it?
She acted like she was moving to play a prank on me?
This doesn't sound like it was a funny prank, this sounds more of an intentional message that she may have been sending you. Communication is very important and possibly making time to talk to her about her reason for playing this prank on you could be beneficial. In her opinion she may have thought this would be a funny prank, where as you clearly did not find it to be funny. Or she could have been trying to end the relationship with you and this was the only way she saw would be possible to do so. However by meeting with her and communicating about the issue and where you both stand in your relationship is most important.
Does giving the silent treatment send a good message?
My girlfriend got a piggyback ride from a guy during a baccalaureate party
From my understanding a piggy back ride is when someone carries the other individual on their back. This does not seem like a sexual action, or some sort of intimate connection. It may be possible that you feel as though she has done something wrong when she in fact hasn't. If she was honest enough to tell you she got a piggy back ride from another man this is a good sign of communication within your relationship. If you want to continue with your good communication, you should explain to her that you don't appreciate her getting piggy back rides from other men because it makes you feel insecure about yourself. Maybe ask her a little bit more about the bachelorette party, this way you can have a better understanding of what went on during the party. Giving the silent treatment may push her further away from you and may cause her to hide things from you in the future. By communicating these issues with her and explaining you didn't enjoy hearing that she had a piggy back ride from another man, may cause her to be apologetic and not to continue those kinds of actions when she goes out next time.
How can I dominate my girlfriend?
I want to make her realize that I can get angry sometimes, what can I do?
If you are having trouble expressing your anger, try writing her a letter explaining what made you angry and how you feel about it. It may be easier for you to express your anger in writing instead of face to face.
What is the best way to calm my girlfriend down after an argument?
This morning I got in an argument with my girlfriend and she was threatening to leave me. I didn't know how to calm her down
Send her and SMS that you have felt just awful since your argument this morning and that you do not want to have this friction in your relationship but instead want to hold her in your arms as soon as possible.
How can I agree with my girlfriend?
How can I agree with my girlfriend, she didn't understand when I am mad she want me to be funny everyday, how can I pretend to be funny all the time
You can't pretend to be happy all the time. It is normal to have up and down emotions. You may try to compromise with her more to avoid arguments. Look for the bright side in situations. Have a comedy date night of watching a funny movie once a week. This will help you laugh more in her presence.
My girlfriend never tells me anything whenever I ask her what she have for me today...every time she says nothing at all?
I love my girlfriend but it seems she is no more interested in me.... I have tried: I will rather ask how she has been in the evening.... I think it was caused by: I think she met someone at their school
When someone who loves or loved you does not pay attention to you, it may mean that she has some problems that take her mind completely off you, which can be anything from minor to life-threatening, that she has less or no interest in you, or that she is the type of person who either not too talkative or who does not like standard social patterns of communication.
Try not to talk about the events of the day and offer her a walk in a park, a film together, or even an evening in an interesting library. The first one will distract her and you may talk casually about anything from music to world problems and the other two will focus your attention on works of art.
Sometimes, a couple of months will settle everything back into place. Ofttimes, there is a problem that needs discussion; but she is not willing to share it. If you have common friends, they might shed light on any troubles your girlfriend is having.
Hi, Mahn,I Love her but she's in love with someone in her school?
Hi, Mahn,I Love her but she's in love with someone in her school
The best thing to do is wait for her to break up with her boyfriend. You can express how you feel but be prepared to not hear the response that you want. Then again perhaps you are just assuming she is in love with someone else when she is not.
Should I be angry at her for basically bouncing out on our date?
So I was supposed to do a movie with a person I've recently started dating. She works long hours, at occasionally weird times, so it can wear on her. We'd already agreed to the movie, after she took her dad for a doctor exam. I do a podcast on Wednesday's at 6-7pm, something she's well aware of and I also reminded her. When she got home, she texted and told me she would take a nap. I said, "cool, hit me when you're on the way over." This is about 10:30. She hits me back at after 3 p.m. She lives way north, so getting here and back home with the traffic wasn't reasonable. I told her, "Hi,, I understand if you can make it, but that's not really cool you did that, we had plans." Now, I really wasn't super angry, and said so, but I don't think that was cool to do. She was incredulous, basically saying I needed to just deal with it because her schedule was probably going to be trickier going forward - she works retail, holidays coming. She said that in the future she wouldn't make plans she couldn't keep, as if she was the one angry. Am I wrong to feel like what she did wasn't cool?. I have tried: We've talked about it - but I can tell she was a bit unsettled on why I'd be angry.. I think it was caused by: I'm not sure.
Although you were justified to be a little angry, she is also justified in being angry. Yes you had the podcast. Yes she slept until 3 p.m. You could have said Hi, come on over and we will go to the movie after I finish my podcast. She obviously is feeling pressure with her schedule at work and perhaps you should message her that you are sorry for getting angry and that you are look forward to making more plans with her.
How to make my girlfriend love me forever and respect me as a man and at the same time doesn't fear me and talks from her heart?
She has told me about few mistakes that she made before but after I knew on my own and confronted her. On a day we were sitting together and I told her to speak from her heart and when she did she told me she want a guy that she made out with before to be her friend again and she considers him like her brother, I told her I have to break up with you, she started crying so I tried to calm her down then she yelled Don't touch me, so I told her I still love her, she stood up and was about to leave I held her hand and cried; please don't leave me then she sat down and started calming me down and I drove her home and told her I love her and I was about to leave, she pulled me and hugged me really hard
You can't make someone love you, however you handled the situation well and she did hug you in the end which is promising. If she wants to have this other person as a friend and you still want to be with her, you will have to deal with her friendship with this guy.
See more questions like this: Why does my girlfriend go in moods and refuse to talk to me
She calls me bhai (brother) and its irritating to me. What should I do?
I am talking to the girl for 8 month she is my junior, I have already asked her out, she calls me bhai (brother) what should I do, she knows everything, that I like her etc., she said she respects me that is why she calls me brother, she is too much less talkative, please give me the solution. I have tried: I am trying starting of a day since I have proposed to her like I am talking her continuously for 8 month without any gap, I am always trying to be a funny guy ,. I think it was caused by: Actually I am senior of her she is in 1st year MBBS and I am 4th year, I have black complexion, this could be a reason
You are in the Friendzone with her and to avoid being in the friendzone you should offer romantic gestures like flowers for her, date nights with just the two of you present, and initiate physical contact such as holding her hand.
She has done a mistake and she dominants me and she is never aware of her mistakes, she defends herself?
She has done a mistake and she dominants me and she is never aware of her mistakes, she defends herself. I have tried: She hid that she has a boyfriend but I found that and gave her a chance to be truthful from now on but she is not changing
There is nothing that can change her, but at least, you can understand her deeper by talking to her second boyfriend and wondering whether she is dominating their relationship too. Releasing anger will only give her the feeling that her dominance is being questioned or, as she perceives it, her being right . Catering to her needs will only make her feeling of own importance grow (people who behave like her are called "spoiled children"). The comportment is often rooted in the upbringing. However, people do change during some life-shaking events or psychological conflicts that happen, according to Erikson's psychology, at 13-19 (the fidelity conflict), 20-39 (the love conflict). Where during the fidelity conflict little can change the person and during the love conflict her friends and partners can influence her. The bad news is that it either happens too slowly or too arbitrary. If you are not accepting her as she is, then you might want to find a better partner.
My girlfriend made a call at dawn with another guy. I complained about it but she sees no fault with it?
I complained to my girlfriend not to make a call to another guy at dawn and she sees no fault with it. I have tried: I got mad at it and instead of finding something good to tell me all she said was he is just a friend. I think it was caused by: I don't know because we enjoyed ourselves on the phone yesterday
For now, if everything is going well in your relationship, it would be wise to take her word for it. Instead of accusing her of anything asking to meet this friend may give you peace of mind and show her that you are interested in getting to know her friends. If you have any doubts, you can always put a spy app on her phone to see if she is speaking with the friend more than normal or he is suddenly in her life more. Her friend could be having a personal crisis and that is why she was speaking to him at dawn. Deal With Your Girlfriend's Male Friend and Make Friends with Your Girlfriends Male Friends are two VisiHow articles that can help you further with your situation.
My girlfriend is avoiding me, and exchanging words with me, what can I do to make things go back as usual?
The last time I told my girlfriend that I was involved in an accident traveling out of town, she didn't reply. I also asked her to send me air time she says yes but never did, so few minutes ago I just told her that she is heartless and she said I am useless
Sounds like the relationship is basically over. She has been ignoring you and distancing herself. Sometimes people panic and distance themselves in a relationship when anything like your accident that you had happens. Your relationship can possibly still recover from the emotional distance but it would take a lot of work and effort as well as she would have to be willing to work on the relationship also. You need to stop portraying need to her and instead portray strength. Get your own air time minutes and if you can't afford it let her know that you will call her when you can purchase them again in the future. Take her out of the equation other than only to show responsibility and love towards her.
I dated my Ex for a year and we have been through a lot of ups and downs. But she has the behavior at times that makes me doubt if she really loves me. I have confronted her on several occasions where she ends up saying something like I feel disconnected from you at times. My Ex is someone who does things to annoy me repeatedly. Even after I get mad at her and she asks for forgiveness, she still repeats what made me angry in the first place without any remorse. Now we broke up some months ago after coerced her to tell me why she keeps on canceling dates repeatedly and giving me attitude. After our break up, I ignored her completely. But after about a month she began pestering me for us to be together again, I at first was ignoring such conversations, but we began talking after a while and when I started showing interests she began exhibiting her usual behaviors. Do you think I should just forget about her totally and move on?
Should I just forget about her completely and move on?. I have tried: I have tried talking with her severally. On some occasions I ignored her and then communicate through texts with her describing how I feel.. I think it was caused by: She has this very close male pal of hers who asked her out recently and she told me at the point of break up that she was going to say yes. She later chatted me up apologizing for our breakup and said it didn't work out between them.
You two sound like you are in what can be termed a Toxic Relationship. She does things to annoy you, you get mad, she apologizes and then you both repeat the same cycle again. She dated a male friend and then when that did not work, came back to you. Basically, that makes you a guy to date until she finds someone else to date. If she was serious about you in the first place she would not have broke things off with you to date her friend. You really should move on at this point.
Girlfriend didn't tell me her birthday? have to find out otherwise?
My girlfriend didn't tell me about her birthday. She isn't very open about stuff and I tried to just let her open up slowly and now I feel upset when I found out its today
Let's face it, some girls do not like to mention their birthdays because every new birthday means that we are getting one year closer to wrinkles, gray hair, and being invisible to society. Instead of being upset, come up with a plan of how to celebrate her birthday with her. Show her up with a card and flowers immediately then plan a romantic birthday date. The date may not be tonight if she has plans with family or friends and you need to be accepting of that.
Someone who is not open may not want to make a big deal about their birthdays. If she has had a difficult childhood then birthdays could actually be a sad event instead of a happy event. For instance, my husband grew up in the foster care system. It took almost one year of knowing me before he even began to give me crumbs about his emotions. He still does not really understand making a big deal about family events or birthdays because he never learned while growing up how these events are meant to be special. So what I do is make a big deal about his birthdays and ignore when he tells me not to make a big deal.
If been in love with this gal for couple of months now, everything was cool between us when we started this affair, I took her for a night out and we had our 1st intercourse. If I don't text or call her she just kept quite, and now at the current moment its difficult for me to get her quality time and she hasn't got no reason for that, so I suspect someone behind close doors and when I pop it out she is just not taking it seriously because she'd not giving me a straight answer but always ask me; that I always think that she's bad. I was supportive to her but I stopped because if realized that it looks like she's not appreciating my efforts because she is not changing her actions against me. Now it became hard for me to ask her does she really love me or what? or is she scared of me because I am 4 years older than her? Its really confusing me honestly?
Does she love me or what? or she's scared of me because I am 4 years older than her?
She thought you were a one night stand. Those that try relationships from booty calls/hook ups can be one sided. If you really like her, do not stop showing interest in her unless she clearly states to stop. It will be difficult because for a period of time the effort will be one sided but hopefully, she will see that you have an interest in her. Your age difference should not matter greatly unless you are both under the age of 25.
Instead of worrying about if she is seeing someone else, show her that you are the right guy for her. Forget questioning her on what she is doing or where she is going. Appreciate the time you do get to spend with her and make every effort you can to make those times special for her as well.
See more questions like this: She is avoiding me for reasons I don't know?
One look at her and I can not quite explain?
How do I change the course of her life? yesterday I fall in love with someone, she is aromatic. Why do our eyes hold each other? why is this happening to us, the way she looked at me, I can't forget those eyes, those eyes were full of questions, one look at her and I can not quite explain
Love at first sight, is for romance novels and soap operas. The reality is you have a physical attraction to her. If you think that she may be interested in you, then approach her and ask her out. Be careful not to come on too strong at first and give her time to get to know you. Do not express any feelings of love for at least three months of steady dating. After 90 days of getting to know her you may be surprised to realize that you were wrong or being excited to tell her that you do love her. Just make sure that you give both of you that time to get to know each other.
What am I supposed to do? How do I react?
I brought up a comment said to me a long time ago.. She said " If you cheated on me, I would still be with you". . I said the same thing to her yesterday to see what kind of reaction she would get, and was puzzled at first and said people only say that when they have cheated, and then she didn't really care and went on talking about how my day went.. . Next thing I told her I got the comment from her and asked how she felt, and she didn't like it and just move on to the next thing.. . Afterwards she was very silent, not really talking with me calling me "baby" I was expecting her to give more input on my concern.. . I then eventually hang up and asked her why you so quiet for? and said sorry "my brain is not working today" she did come from a trip to Thailand and she recently woke up. She is currently in Hong Kong on vacation still with her mom.
Wait for her to come back and then apologize for the comment. Now she is probably not going to trust you for awhile because she has suspicions you only said that because you are cheating. It is also a sign that she does not feel secure in a relationship with you. Give her reasons to trust you and feel secure. This may mean making a bigger commitment towards her. Make a big deal about her when she gets back from Hong Kong. One thing you could do is write a love letter for each day that she is gone and present them wrapped up as a gift when she returns. Do not bring up the issue on the phone while she is away.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, mcwhy, vonniedavis