Setup and use GeoTagging of Camera Photos on iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Rushell, Eng, Anonymous and 2 others
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial we are going to show you how to use GeoTagging on the iPhone 6.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Setup and use GeoTagging of Camera Photos on iPhone 6
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Comments
- 12On the "Camera" settings screen, make sure that "While Using the App" is the option that is checked, and not "Never".This allows access to our location when the application is running or when features of the application are running or visible on the screen. Specifically in terms of GeoTagging, it tags the actual location of any photos or videos where they are taken. The only exception to this is if we are in an area where we don't have connectivity or the ability to establish a location.
- 23We have the option to take photos, and our photos will now be tagged with the name of the place they were taken at the top.We can see in this demonstration that the photo on the screen was taken in Tbilisi. This is because we have GeoTagging turned on, and this lets myself and others see where our photos were taken.
- 25Thank you for choosing VisiHow.If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this video on how to enable and setup GeoTagging on your iPhone 6 camera, let us know in the section below. Otherwise, thank you again for choosing VisiHow and have a great day.Advertisement
Video: Setup and use GeoTagging of Camera Photos on iPhone 6
Questions and Answers
Set up Geo-tagging on phone and location services were on, but can't see location on the screen when taking photos?
I have followed all the steps and set the location services and camera enabled for Geo-tagging, but when I try to capture a photo, I don't see any location or coordinates at the top of the screen. I have tried: Followed all set up of GPS instructions and took a photo. I think it was caused by: I do not know
Smaller-screen iPhone models (4, 4S, 5, 5c, 5S, and SE) may not show the location when the picture has been opened. Instead, open the picture and tap on the back button in the upper-left corner. Now, tap on the "Photos" folder at the bottom of the screen. Your pictures will have the location tag shown above their thumbnails.
Photos already taken ... is there a way to add the location at this time?
Photos are arranged by date, but I want them to show the location as well. When the photos were taken the location option was not selected.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Anonymous, Eng