Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Jaheim Martin, samadi, Dougie, flossy and 18 others
- 1 Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 2 Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 3 Steps
- 4 Video: Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5 Setup S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 6 Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 7 List of S Voice Commands
- 8 Change S Voice language
- 9 Change S Voice's wake-up command
- 10 Questions and Answers
- 10.1 How to set up headset or handsfree on Galaxy S5?
- 10.2 Hi, yes please! Can I have my S5 address me by my name like siri does?
- 10.3 How can I change the weather unit from F to Celsius on Galaxy S5 S-Voice app?
- 10.4 I use voice command to compose phone number?
- 10.5 How to change the speaker default?
- 10.6 How to set up hands-free mode?
- 10.7 I want to shut off S-Voice, I don't use it?
- 10.8 How do I use S Voice to dictate e-mails?
- 10.9 How to install the 'voice to text' icon on the Galaxy S5 phone?
- 10.10 How to csc code change in Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F in India?
- 10.11 Will S-Voice work without being connected to a network? I don't have access to a network?
- 10.12 I have a Galaxy S3 with a broken screen. How can I get a list of text's by user read to me using S-Voice?
- 10.13 Can you help me set up voice recognition option for messages?
- 10.14 My S voice will only write to me how can I get her to talk instead of me reading from her?
- 10.15 Help dialing out using voice on Bluetooth device?
- 11 Comments
Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5Now it is showing us a tutorial.We can simply skip the tutorial and jump right into S Voice, or we can learn how to use S Voice by taking a quick tutorial. We're going to go ahead and take the tutorial, and I'm going to walk you through that, then show you some examples of how it works. Tap tutorial. If you don't want to take the tutorial, just tap on Start S Voice to skip to the next section.
- 7When you say "Hi Galaxy", the phone will pop up and you will get some options.You can say Call, Text, Search. Why you would be in a position to search for apes on your Galaxy, I'm not sure, but they seem to feel that that's where you would be. As stated, you can tap on the mic and say "Search for Monkeys"
- 11You can also tap on the three dots in the top right corner.Here you can Disable Voice Feedback, see Example Commands, go to the Tutorial, Settings or Help. Disable Voice Feedback means you're not going to get feedback from her. You can just tell the phone what to do and sometimes it won't exactly do it, so I find the Voice Feedback is quite helpful.
- 13You've also got some Settings, you can change the settings if you want.At the moment I've got English (United States), you also can hide potentially offensive words. I have not found that S Voice uses offensive words much, but I do suppose it's possible that an offensive word could slip in here and there. I'm not sure how, but it could happen.
- 14You can open with two taps on the home key, voice wake-up, auto start on speakerphone, show the body of messages, check missed events, there's a huge number of options that you have here.You can even log into Facebook if you'd like to do that. I find S Voice to be a very helpful and useful feature.
- 16This concludes our tutorial on how to setup and use S Voice on the Samsung Galaxy S5.Thank you for watching VisiHow.
Video: Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
Setup S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
To be able to use S Voice on your Samsung Galaxy S5, you need to set it up first by following these procedures:
Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
To use S Voice on your device, follow these procedures:
List of S Voice Commands
These are the list of S Voice commands that you can use:
- 1Voice dial - allows you to call a contact using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "Call Mom home."
- "Call Mom mobile."
- "Dial 12345678."
- 2Message - allows you to create an SMS message and send it to your selected recipient using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "Text Mom."
- "Text Mom message I will be home late."
- "Send message to Mom I will be late, eat your dinner.
- "Read my messages."
- 3Memo - allows you to create a memo using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "Memo Meeting at Joyce's tomorrow."
- "Note to self-Get on a diet."
- "Show me my diet plan list me".
- 4Schedule - allows you use to use and adds entries to your calendar using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "New Event Tutorial classes with Mike on May 3rd at 8 p.m."
- "What's on my calendar today?"
- "Add Event Go to church on Sunday at 3 p.m."
- "Check schedule on Sunday."
- "Cancel tutorial meeting."
- 5New - allows you to listen to the news.Accepted commands:
- "Read the news today"
- "Let me hear the news."
- "Next/Previous news."
- 6Music - allows you to play your music files using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "Play playlist Mellow Music."
- "Play Funny album."
- "Play next/previous song."
- "Play mellow music."
- 7Hands-free mode - allows you to enable and disable hands-free mode using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "Hands free mode on."
- "Hands free mode off."
- 8Navigate - allows you to navigate to places using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "Navigate to the nearest shopping mall."
- "Direction to the nearest diner."
- "Give me the map of New York."
- 9Weather - allows you to check on the weather using your voice.Accepted commands:
- "What is the weather right now?"
- "What is the weather forecast for the week?"
Change S Voice language
You can change S Voice to a supported language. To change language on S Voice, follow these procedures:
- 7You have just learned how to change your S Voice's language.
Change S Voice's wake-up command
Be default, S Voice's wake-up command is "Hi Galaxy". If you want to change that, follow these procedures:
- 5You have successfully learned how to change S Voice's wake-up command.
Questions and Answers
How to set up headset or handsfree on Galaxy S5?
After connecting the headset I cannot hear any voice from headset, there is voice on both phone and headset
If your voice settings are working fine, but there is no headset output, you will need to make sure your headset is not damaged. To set up hands free, please visit our guide for turning Driving Mode on and off.
Hi, yes please! Can I have my S5 address me by my name like siri does?
If so, could you please walk me through the steps? Thank you!
S Voice does not mention you by name. You can tweak the settings to know your home address or work address in Google Maps for better directions etc and tweak somewhat how you say a command but that is all.
How can I change the weather unit from F to Celsius on Galaxy S5 S-Voice app?
How can I change the weather unit from F to Celsius on Galaxy S5 S-Voice app ?
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will announce the weather in the format you have set the weather application up in. In the event you have not set up your weather, it will default to your location. To change this, simply update the weather settings, and S Voice will adjust accordingly.
To change this, you can go to the S Voice settings (represented in the app by three dots), and click that, to access the settings menu, where you can adjust options to show the correct weather format.
See more questions like this: S voice will not open a window
I use voice command to compose phone number?
When I use the function dial or call 1 819 372 9969, my Samsung S5 only dial 372 9969. Why?
You are speaking out the number sequence before the voice command is ready. This is why it only picks up the last few digits. Pause then speak out the numbers.
See more questions like this: How do I reset the wake-up command for S Voice?
How to change the speaker default?
When I used the S-Voice and ask to call a number it defaults to the speaker when it makes the call. don't want that.
Open the S Voice app and tap the three dots at the top of the upper right hand of the screen. Under Settings, there is an option to disable Auto Start Speakerphone. Once this is disabled it will not automatically turn on the speakers when making a call with S Voice.
How to set up hands-free mode?
Where do I find support to set up hands-free mode?
You can enable hands-free modes with the VisiHow article on this page as well as the article Enable Talkback Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5. There are also settings under Accessibility located within the General Settings of the Galaxy S5.
I want to shut off S-Voice, I don't use it?
Directions say to start S-Voice and then look for the "menu" button on the upper right. There is no menu button on the upper right
There is a method that turns off the home button for S Voice, making the phone work faster.
- 1Open S Voice.
- 2Tap on the menu button.
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Uncheck the "Open via the home key" option
To disable S Voice completely, follow the instructions below.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2Tap on "Settings".
- 3Tap on "Applications".
- 4Tap on "Application manager".
- 5Swipe the screen to "ALL".
- 6Scroll down to S Voice and tap on it.
- 7Tap on "DISABLE".
How do I use S Voice to dictate e-mails?
I would like to use S-Voice to dictate e-mails or prepare reports min an e-mail . How do I do it?
S Voice will not read an email to you. What you can do though to compose an email is have S voice open the email app. Then go to the Compose email section of the app and enable the microphone. You can then dictate your email.
How to install the 'voice to text' icon on the Galaxy S5 phone?
Can't get the 'voice to text' icon to appear on the text keyboard, help
There are several ways to get the icon back. You may need to restart your smartphone after each attempt.
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Language and Input". Enable "Google Voice Typing".
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Application Manager" > "ALL" > "Google Search". Tap on "Enable" and "Clear Cache". Check if any Google applications are disabled and enable them.
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Language and Input" > "Text-to-Speech Options" > switch from "Samsung Text-to-Speech Engine" to "Google Text-to-Speech Engine".
- Bring up the keyboard. Tap and hold the button to the left of the space bar. Tap on the microphone icon when it pops up.
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Application Manager" > "ALL" > "Samsung keyboard". Tap on "Clear Cache".
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Application Manager" > "DOWNLOADED". Press the menu button. Tap on "Reset app preferences".
See more questions like this: How do I get s-voice to wake up when I say Hi Galaxy when my phone is in timed out screen locked mode?
How to csc code change in Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F in India?
I bought Samsung S5 G900F in Spain, I want to change the csc code and use an Indian firmware
- 1Look up your phone's IMEI number.
- 2Dial *#272*Phone's IMEI number Here#.This brings up a Preconfig screen.
- 3INU, IND, INA, INS, IMS, REL are all India CSC options.Advertisement
Will S-Voice work without being connected to a network? I don't have access to a network?
I am not connected to a network and want to use S Voice to send a text message. I have tried: Tried repeatedly to open S Voice or to text by choosing the microphone option and still won't permit me to use speech to text
As long as you are connected to WiFi then it should work. Clear the cache and data of S Voice from within Applications Manager. Then restart the app and see if you can reconfigure it. You can also use Google Now instead of S Voice.
I have a Galaxy S3 with a broken screen. How can I get a list of text's by user read to me using S-Voice?
I have a broken S3 with a blank screen and a bad USB connection. I want to use S-Voice to read me texts. It says I have 30 texts from 15 users. S-Voice asks me which text's to read. Is there a way I can say display 1st text? Thanks
Say All when it asks you which text's to read. Otherwise, if you know who sent them you can have the texts read per contact name.
Can you help me set up voice recognition option for messages?
I have a Samsung 5S Edge and want to set up voice recognition for messages. Currently, the phone does not show on message screen option. Car Mode is the better option for reading messages on a regular basis. Enable TalkBack and then you can configure how you want the messages to work.
See more questions like this: Can I wake up my Samsung S5 from black screen with voice commands
See more questions like this: Set up Voice command for S5 from my laptop?
My S voice will only write to me how can I get her to talk instead of me reading from her?
If I ask her anything it processes and then writes the response to me. I want her to say it out loud. How can I make her do that?. I have tried: I tried changing the language and other things in settings and nothing worked. I think it was caused by: Probably because my phone was flashed and rebooted
Within the Settings of the S Voice app, check to see if Voice Back is enabled. Personally, I find that Google Now works but more efficiently for text to speech options. The S Voice can get buggy or stop working for no apparent reason.
Help dialing out using voice on Bluetooth device?
Have a motorcycle headset, want to make phone calls using voice, have paired the two devices using Bluetooth and can listen to mp3 songs alternately stops music and puts phone calls through when someone phones me, just need to work out how to dial out using voice. I have tried: Hit mike icon nothing happens. I think it was caused by: No idea
The screen has to be activated on the S Voice. You can change the settings for how the app sleeps and wakes up. Also, configure Google Now. Then you can say OK Google Call Mom etc. I have both configured for my device and find I often use one or the other as backup when the first attempt fails while driving.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: VisiHow, dam tired, Cavel