Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Jaheim Martin, samadi, Dougie, flossy and 18 others
- 1 Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 2 Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 3 Steps
- 4 Video: Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5 Setup S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 6 Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 7 List of S Voice Commands
- 8 Change S Voice language
- 9 Change S Voice's wake-up command
10 Questions and Answers
- 10.1 Hi, yes please! Can I have my S5 address me by my name like siri does?
- 10.2 How can I change the weather unit from F to Celsius on Galaxy S5 S-Voice app?
- 10.3 I want to shut off S-Voice, I don't use it?
- 10.4 How do I use S Voice to dictate e-mails?
- 10.5 How to install the 'voice to text' icon on the Galaxy S5 phone?
- 10.6 How to csc code change in Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F in India?
- 10.7 I have a Galaxy S3 with a broken screen. How can I get a list of text's by user read to me using S-Voice?
- 10.8 Help dialing out using voice on Bluetooth device?
- 11 Comments
Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5We can simply skip the tutorial and jump right into S Voice, or we can learn how to use S Voice by taking a quick tutorial. We're going to go ahead and take the tutorial, and I'm going to walk you through that, then show you some examples of how it works. Tap tutorial. If you don't want to take the tutorial, just tap on Start S Voice to skip to the next section.Now it is showing us a tutorial.
- 7You can say Call, Text, Search. Why you would be in a position to search for apes on your Galaxy, I'm not sure, but they seem to feel that that's where you would be. As stated, you can tap on the mic and say "Search for Monkeys"When you say "Hi Galaxy", the phone will pop up and you will get some options.
- 11Here you can Disable Voice Feedback, see Example Commands, go to the Tutorial, Settings or Help. Disable Voice Feedback means you're not going to get feedback from her. You can just tell the phone what to do and sometimes it won't exactly do it, so I find the Voice Feedback is quite helpful.You can also tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- 13At the moment I've got English (United States), you also can hide potentially offensive words. I have not found that S Voice uses offensive words much, but I do suppose it's possible that an offensive word could slip in here and there. I'm not sure how, but it could happen.You've also got some Settings, you can change the settings if you want.
- 14You can even log into Facebook if you'd like to do that. I find S Voice to be a very helpful and useful feature.You can open with two taps on the home key, voice wake-up, auto start on speakerphone, show the body of messages, check missed events, there's a huge number of options that you have here.
- 16Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes our tutorial on how to setup and use S Voice on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Video: Setup and Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
Setup S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
To be able to use S Voice on your Samsung Galaxy S5, you need to set it up first by following these procedures:
Use S Voice on Samsung Galaxy S5
To use S Voice on your device, follow these procedures:
List of S Voice Commands
These are the list of S Voice commands that you can use:
- 1Accepted commands:Voice dial - allows you to call a contact using your voice.
- "Call Mom home."
- "Call Mom mobile."
- "Dial 12345678."
- 2Accepted commands:Message - allows you to create an SMS message and send it to your selected recipient using your voice.
- "Text Mom."
- "Text Mom message I will be home late."
- "Send message to Mom I will be late, eat your dinner.
- "Read my messages."
- 3Accepted commands:Memo - allows you to create a memo using your voice.
- "Memo Meeting at Joyce's tomorrow."
- "Note to self-Get on a diet."
- "Show me my diet plan list me".
- 4Accepted commands:Schedule - allows you use to use and adds entries to your calendar using your voice.
- "New Event Tutorial classes with Mike on May 3rd at 8 p.m."
- "What's on my calendar today?"
- "Add Event Go to church on Sunday at 3 p.m."
- "Check schedule on Sunday."
- "Cancel tutorial meeting."
- 5Accepted commands:New - allows you to listen to the news.
- "Read the news today"
- "Let me hear the news."
- "Next/Previous news."
- 6Accepted commands:Music - allows you to play your music files using your voice.
- "Play playlist Mellow Music."
- "Play Funny album."
- "Play next/previous song."
- "Play mellow music."
- 7Accepted commands:Hands-free mode - allows you to enable and disable hands-free mode using your voice.
- "Hands free mode on."
- "Hands free mode off."
- 8Accepted commands:Navigate - allows you to navigate to places using your voice.
- "Navigate to the nearest shopping mall."
- "Direction to the nearest diner."
- "Give me the map of New York."
- 9Accepted commands:Weather - allows you to check on the weather using your voice.
- "What is the weather right now?"
- "What is the weather forecast for the week?"
Change S Voice language
You can change S Voice to a supported language. To change language on S Voice, follow these procedures:
- 7You have just learned how to change your S Voice's language.
Change S Voice's wake-up command
Be default, S Voice's wake-up command is "Hi Galaxy". If you want to change that, follow these procedures:
- 5You have successfully learned how to change S Voice's wake-up command.
Questions and Answers
Hi, yes please! Can I have my S5 address me by my name like siri does?
If so, could you please walk me through the steps? Thank you!
S Voice does not mention you by name. You can tweak the settings to know your home address or work address in Google Maps for better directions etc and tweak somewhat how you say a command but that is all.
How can I change the weather unit from F to Celsius on Galaxy S5 S-Voice app?
How can I change the weather unit from F to Celsius on Galaxy S5 S-Voice app ?
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will announce the weather in the format you have set the weather application up in. In the event you have not set up your weather, it will default to your location. To change this, simply update the weather settings, and S Voice will adjust accordingly.
To change this, you can go to the S Voice settings (represented in the app by three dots), and click that, to access the settings menu, where you can adjust options to show the correct weather format.
I want to shut off S-Voice, I don't use it?
Directions say to start S-Voice and then look for the "menu" button on the upper right. There is no menu button on the upper right
There is a method that turns off the home button for S Voice, making the phone work faster.
- 1Open S Voice.
- 2Tap on the menu button.
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Uncheck the "Open via the home key" option
To disable S Voice completely, follow the instructions below.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2Tap on "Settings".
- 3Tap on "Applications".
- 4Tap on "Application manager".
- 5Swipe the screen to "ALL".
- 6Scroll down to S Voice and tap on it.
- 7Tap on "DISABLE".
How do I use S Voice to dictate e-mails?
I would like to use S-Voice to dictate e-mails or prepare reports min an e-mail . How do I do it?
S Voice will not read an email to you. What you can do though to compose an email is have S voice open the email app. Then go to the Compose email section of the app and enable the microphone. You can then dictate your email.
How to install the 'voice to text' icon on the Galaxy S5 phone?
Can't get the 'voice to text' icon to appear on the text keyboard, help
There are several ways to get the icon back. You may need to restart your smartphone after each attempt.
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Language and Input". Enable "Google Voice Typing".
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Application Manager" > "ALL" > "Google Search". Tap on "Enable" and "Clear Cache". Check if any Google applications are disabled and enable them.
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Language and Input" > "Text-to-Speech Options" > switch from "Samsung Text-to-Speech Engine" to "Google Text-to-Speech Engine".
- Bring up the keyboard. Tap and hold the button to the left of the space bar. Tap on the microphone icon when it pops up.
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Application Manager" > "ALL" > "Samsung keyboard". Tap on "Clear Cache".
- From the home screen, go to "Apps" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Application Manager" > "DOWNLOADED". Press the menu button. Tap on "Reset app preferences".
How to csc code change in Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F in India?
I bought Samsung S5 G900F in Spain, I want to change the csc code and use an Indian firmware
- 1Look up your phone's IMEI number.
- 2This brings up a Preconfig screen.Dial *#272*Phone's IMEI number Here#.
- 3INU, IND, INA, INS, IMS, REL are all India CSC options.Advertisement
I have a Galaxy S3 with a broken screen. How can I get a list of text's by user read to me using S-Voice?
I have a broken S3 with a blank screen and a bad USB connection. I want to use S-Voice to read me texts. It says I have 30 texts from 15 users. S-Voice asks me which text's to read. Is there a way I can say display 1st text? Thanks
Say All when it asks you which text's to read. Otherwise, if you know who sent them you can have the texts read per contact name.
Help dialing out using voice on Bluetooth device?
Have a motorcycle headset, want to make phone calls using voice, have paired the two devices using Bluetooth and can listen to mp3 songs alternately stops music and puts phone calls through when someone phones me, just need to work out how to dial out using voice. I have tried: Hit mike icon nothing happens. I think it was caused by: No idea
The screen has to be activated on the S Voice. You can change the settings for how the app sleeps and wakes up. Also, configure Google Now. Then you can say OK Google Call Mom etc. I have both configured for my device and find I often use one or the other as backup when the first attempt fails while driving.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: VisiHow, dam tired, Cavel