Setup and Disable Face Unlock / Pattern on Sony Xperia ZL
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Eng, Christine dela Cruz
Face Unlock / Pattern is one of the safest lock on your mobile specially if you don't want anyone to gain access in your mobile contents as in this method of protection only your face is recognized.
Setup Face Unlock / Pattern
Disable Face Unlock / Pattern
- 8Your screen lock is now OFF.
Advantages of Using the Face Unlock
- 1One of the most common problems in the pass-code lock of other devices is that when other people are quick enough, they can actually manage to observe you as you key in the password and remember what you entered. The same is true for the pattern lock. It is very easy to get observed by another person and they will just imitate the strokes of your hand. With face unlock, even when you do it in front of others and they try to imitate you later on, unless they have extremely similar features as yours, there is no way they will be able to enter your account. This is extremely advantageous especially when you usually log-in to your device in a crowded place or in an office where other people are close by. You need not try to conceal what you are doing to protect your privacy.Even when other people see you signing in into your device, they will not be able to imitate it.Advertisement
- 2Sometimes, you yourself tend to forget the password that you have setup. In this case, if you keep on entering the wrong password, you may even get locked out of your device. With face unlock, you do not need to remember any passwords as you basically just have to setup your device to recognize your face and that's it. It's definitely much convenient especially if you are the type who often forgets passwords or gets confused with the different passwords that you use for different things.You do not need to remember any passwords or patterns.
- 3All you have to do is align your phone to face you and that's it. This is very much useful for situations where you have to use one hand only such as when you drive or eat at the same time.Logging in becomes faster.
Disadvantages of Using the Face Unlock
- 1If you are in a very dark place, it may be difficult for your device to recognize you. You may need several attempts before you are able to fully login.Lighting is crucial.
- 2This is a possibility, although the likelihood remains to be very remote.People with very similar features may be able to log-in.
- 3If your features become drastically different from normal, your device will be unable to recognize you.You may be unable to use this if you happen to wear any costumes.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Setup and Disable Face Unlock / Pattern on Sony Xperia ZL. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Setup_and_Disable_Face_Unlock_/_Pattern_on_Sony_Xperia_ZL
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Setup and Disable Face Unlock / Pattern on Sony Xperia ZL." VisiHow, visihow.com/Setup_and_Disable_Face_Unlock_/_Pattern_on_Sony_Xperia_ZL Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Setup and Disable Face Unlock / Pattern on Sony Xperia ZL." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Setup_and_Disable_Face_Unlock_/_Pattern_on_Sony_Xperia_ZL.
Categories : Sony
Recent edits by: Eng, Charmed, Timbuktu