Setup a New Kindle Paperwhite
Edited by Grimm, Courtney, Eng
You are watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to power on and set up a Kindle Paperwhite for the first time.
- 7Please note that every Kindle takes a different amount of time to set up. Some may take as long, longer, or shorter than the one being shown. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will be trimming these areas where the device is loading or initializing.At this point, the Kindle will begin to initialize and set up information and data.
- 8This is the first screen that we will see. It will give us some details about the Kindle Paperwhite, letting us know that it is the first ever Paperwhite display with High contrast, High Resolution, a Built-in Light, and up to eight weeks battery life, even with the light on.Now we are on the Main screen of the Kindle Paperwhite.
- 41We can do this by pressing the words "Parental Controls", underneath of the option to "Connect Later". We have tutorials on linking your Facebook account, linking your Twitter account, and setting Parental Controls. Please make sure to reference those tutorials if assistance is needed on those topics.From this screen, we can also set Parental Controls.
- 47By that time, we would have used up almost one-third of our free trial.Our recommendation is that we do not sign up for the Free Trial initially, that is because we do not really know how to use our Kindle yet and it will take us about five days, or even as many as ten days to get comfortable and familiar with the device.
- 61This will give us the option to change our display settings, to change our font, to change line spacing, and to change margins. This allows us to easily customize all of our Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, so that is is better suited to our own personal needs and lets us read more easily.This will bring up a pop-up menu labeled "Display Settings".
- 82Thank you for choosing VisiHow. If you have questions or comments about this video, please let us know in the section below. We will be sure to get back to you. Enjoy your Kindle, and enjoy all those great books you'll be able to read.This concludes our tutorial on how to set up your Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, for the very first time.Advertisement
Video: Setup a New Kindle Paperwhite
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Setup a New Kindle Paperwhite. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Setup_a_New_Kindle_Paperwhite
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Setup a New Kindle Paperwhite." VisiHow, visihow.com/Setup_a_New_Kindle_Paperwhite Accessed 22 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Setup a New Kindle Paperwhite." Accessed May 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Setup_a_New_Kindle_Paperwhite.
Categories : Kindle Fire
Recent edits by: Courtney, Grimm