Setup a Galaxy Gear S2 Watch on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Edited by David Mason, VisiHow, Eng, ravi uttam and 6 others
The best smart watch in the world at the moment of writing the article is the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2. Actually it's the Galaxy Gear S2 classic. It's a stylish and great-looking watch that is able to connect to any Android phone or tablet. However, if you're trying to connect it to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, the process is a little bit different than, for example, connecting it to a Google Nexus or an HTC. Fortunately, everything you need to get started with the Galaxy Gear S2 is already installed on your Galaxy S7. In the tutorial below, we are going to show you how to set up your Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch on a GS7E. Read on to get started.
- 1 Updating the Galaxy Gear Manager App
- 2 Preparing the Galaxy Gear S2 to Connect to the S7
- 3 Connecting the Galaxy Gear S2 to the Galaxy S7
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Cannot pair my G2 with my new S7?
- 4.2 I connected my gear S2 already?
- 4.3 How do I set up my profile and change my target steps on my Gear 2?
- 4.4 I previously paired my watch with my S7 edge?
- 4.5 Fast battery consumption problem with my gear S2?
- 4.6 Text communication issues between Galaxy S7 edge and Gear S2?
- 4.7 I am looking to see if there are problems connecting the Gear 2 to the S 7 edge,?
- 4.8 I just got the Edge, can not connect my Gear S2 watch, I had a Note 7, no problem with the watch, do not like this phone, can you help me?
- 4.9 Unable to sync contacts between my Samsung Edge 7 and my Samsung Gear S2!
- 5 Comments
Updating the Galaxy Gear Manager App
- 4When tapping the Samsung Gear application, you may receive a message indicating that you need to update the Samsung Gear application.If you see this message, tap once on it to update the application. If not, you will see the Samsung Gear manager, and it will ask you to connect to the Galaxy Gear S2 smartwatch. In this case, proceed to the next section of this guide to make sure your Gear S2 is ready to connect to your S7 Edge. For everyone else, please continue with the steps below.
- 9To make sure your Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch is ready to connect to your Galaxy S7, follow the steps in the next part of this guide.
Preparing the Galaxy Gear S2 to Connect to the S7
- 2Once your Galaxy Gear has been powered up, you will see an orange icon sitting above a list of text that appears in orange and white.This text is telling you that your Galaxy Gear is ready to connect to the Samsung Gear manager. The language is irrelevant, as you will change this in your phone settings.
- 3You are now ready to connect your Galaxy Gear S2 to your S7.Proceed to the next section to do this.
Connecting the Galaxy Gear S2 to the Galaxy S7
- 8Next, you will now see a series of checkboxes that need to be clicked in order to continue the set-up process of pairing your Galaxy Gear S2 with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.Make sure that you check the 'Agree to terms' box to proceed. The other boxes are optional; however, we can check all of the boxes for our setup of the Gear S2 watch and S7 Edge.
- 10After you have tapped on 'DONE', you will be taken to a window asking you to sign into your Samsung account.You will also see that your Galaxy Gear watch face has changed to your default language, and the face is showing tutorial steps. If you have not yet signed into your Samsung account, please reference and follow our tutorial on how to sign into a Samsung account on the GS7E. Otherwise, tap on 'SKIP' to continue.
- 12To change, select, or otherwise update notifications for your Galaxy Gear, simply scroll down the list and check or uncheck any options you do or do not want to receive notifications for.A green checkbox indicates that you will receive a notification, while the absence of a check means you will not receive a notification.
- 16Your Galaxy Gear S2 has now been successfully connected to your Samsung S7.You may begin using the watch and the phone together now. For additional information, please view our tutorials on how to use the Gear S2 watch and the Galaxy S7 smartphone together.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Cannot pair my G2 with my new S7?
Originally paired to an S3 but now won't pair with an S7. I have tried: Transferred Samsung Gear App from my S3 to new S7, Enabled "Connect to Gear" button, responds with Gear not found.. I think it was caused by: I have previously disconnected my S3 from my Gear S2.
Uninstall the transferred Gear App and reinstall from Google Play. There is most likely a cache conflict with the previously paired app on a different device. If you are still experiencing issues then put your phone into Recovery Mode and choose Wipe Cache Partition and then when the phone restarts go through the process and choose Clear Dalvik Cache. This will remove any conflicts so that you can successfully pair again the Gear S2.
I connected my gear S2 already?
My battery dies after 1 hour, 5 times to my S7 edge and I have the same problem...
See if there is an available update for the Gear S2. You will also want to manage which apps that the Gear S2 and S7 run at the same time. Force stopping apps from your phone often solves this problem. You can also replace the Gear S2 battery if the device is more than one year old.
How do I set up my profile and change my target steps on my Gear 2?
I am trying to set up my birthday and my target steps, can not figure it out. Will need step by step directions. I have tried: I have Googled it, still not working right. I think it was caused by: The operator....lol
On the far right of the Gear S2 screen there is a Settings icon. You will tap this and then go into Settings to configure your target steps and set up your profile.
I previously paired my watch with my S7 edge?
I turned my watch on today and it tries to connect with the app, the phone vibrates, and the app will not connect
Delete the former pairing history. Clear the cache on your phone and then try to reconnect again.
Fast battery consumption problem with my gear S2?
My Gear S2 battery last between 4 to 6 hours when connected to my S7. When not connected it last more then 24 hours.. The GEAR lights frequently and change from an application to an other. I have tried: I stopped the WiFi connection, I changed in the setup the lightning, I stopped all possible applications. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I received the Gear last Christmas and connected it to a Sony Xperia Z1, the battery lasted 48 hours. In April I changed to an S7, the battery life reduced to about 30 hours, and in june the problem of lightning began and battery life reduce to 4-6 hours
Disable the sync for Contacts between the Gear S2 and your phone. You will also want to go through your contact list and remove any that you are no longer using. Once the sync is disabled for the contacts you should have normal battery life.
Text communication issues between Galaxy S7 edge and Gear S2?
Text messages sent from Gear S2 do not appear on Galaxy S7 edge. . Text messages sent from Galaxy S7 edge do appear on Gear S2. . Text messages received on Galaxy S7 edge do not appear on Gear S2. . Text exchanges received and sent utilizing Gear S2 do not appear on Galaxy S7 edge. I have tried: Rebooting both devices verified Bluetooth and WiFi are on verified allowing text notifications install updated Gear App. I think it was caused by: No idea, both are new devices...
When you set up the phone, the Gear S2 took over the texting capabilities. Reconfigure the entire set up process and the new sync should solve your issue.
I am looking to see if there are problems connecting the Gear 2 to the S 7 edge,?
My daughter just got the edge 7 upgrading from an s 3 which she had been paired to previously but is having trouble connecting to the S 7. I have tried: Nothing, apart from the normal set up just searching the web for ideas.. I think it was caused by: I can only think it may be connected to her previous pairing with her S3
Previous devices should have their cache cleared before reconnecting. For something like a Smart TV, simply unplugging for a few minutes allows for a new connection. She should also check for any system upgrades for the Gear 2 which would have a patch for newer devices.
See more questions like this: Can't connect gear 2 to new S7?
I just got the Edge, can not connect my Gear S2 watch, I had a Note 7, no problem with the watch, do not like this phone, can you help me?
Help need to set up this awful phone to my Gear S2. I have tried: Went on the icon to gear, it comes back; can not find device
Clear the cache on your Gear S2. If you are unhappy with the S7 Edge then consider other devices from Samsung or go back to the Note line. Many people have a learning curve when switching devices so give it some time. My husband, for instance, hated when I upgraded him from a Samsung S3 to Samsung S7 but it was more about how he had to learn to manage media sounds differently or get used to accessing a setting feature. Now two months later, he likes his device.
Unable to sync contacts between my Samsung Edge 7 and my Samsung Gear S2!
I don't seem to be able to sync my contacts between my two devices. Is this something that just takes place or am I doing something wrong? I don't see any way to sync contacts on either my phone or my Gear S2. There is nothing that addresses this issue in the content of the forum.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: Loz, femina, sirajh