Setup a BlueStacks Account for a Windows 10 PC
Edited by Sam, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
The BlueStacks Android emulator allows you to play virtually any game or app available for the Android OS right from your Windows 10 PC. That means you can use your favorite applications from the desktop, no matter what they are. In our previous tutorial, we showed you how to download and install the BlueStacks Android emulator for your Windows 10 PC. In this tutorial, we will show you how to set up BlueStacks and get started installing applications using the '.apk' files. This will enable you to play your favorite Android games from the desk of your PC or use programs that you have come to love on your Samsung Galaxy S7, Google Nexus, Huawei, HTC One, Galaxy Tab S2, or other Android phone or tablet. When you have finished, make sure to check out our tutorial at the end of this guide on how to set up WhatsApp for a Windows 10 PC with BlueStacks!
Set Up Your Google Play Account
Downloading and installing apps and game files one by one seems rather meticulous and boring, doesn't it? With BlueStacks, you can set up the account so that you can use the Play Store from within the emulator. Below, we will show you how to set up your Google Play Store account.
- 4A new tab labeled 'One time setup' will now open.You'll see a progress bar as the data load. Depending on your connection and the application (if you are using something other than WhatsApp, this can either take several seconds or several minutes. Be patient and wait for the process to be completed.
- 7Now, you will need to add a Google account.If you already have a Google account, you can choose your existing account or set up a new one. We already have a Google account; so, we will click on 'Existing'. If you do not have a Google account, then please click 'New'. If you do not know how to set up a Google account, please reference our tutorial on how to set up a Google account from a Windows 10 PC. Otherwise you can let BlueStacks do it for you, and just click 'New', following the steps provided below.
Set Up Your BlueStacks Account
Your Google account is linked to BlueStacks now, and you are ready to set up your BlueStacks account. This is a quick and simple process. When you have finished, you'll be able to start using applications and games from the Google Play Store on your Windows 10 PC.
- 1After clicking 'Continue' in the step above, you will be required to choose your Google account.You can either choose the account you have set up in the first part of this guide or choose 'Add account', which will start the account creation process all over again. Since we don't want to do that, let's select the account that we've already linked and click 'OK'.Advertisement
- 2You will now see a message popup that your registration was successful.Enabling the application synchronization is optional. You can click the 'Android' tab at the top of the screen and use Google Play Store or enable the 'App Sync'. Since we want to synchronize our applications, let's enable 'App Sync'. To do this, click the 'Continue' button in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- 3Wait for BlueStacks to load the login page so you can synchronize applications and Google services.
- 5Congratulations!You have successfully set up BlueStacks on your Windows 10 PC. You should now see that all three of the steps shown below are ticked. Click 'Let's go!' to start using BlueStacks. You will be able to download any application or game from Play Store. To see this process in action, make sure to view our tutorial on how to download WhatsApp on your Windows 10 PC.Advertisement
- Make sure to view our tutorial on how to download and install BlueStacks for your Windows 10 PC if you are having trouble getting the application downloaded or installed.
- Remember that not all applications or games work with BlueStacks. Most of them do, but some won't.
- If you are running an older PC, you may find that your graphics card, processor, or RAM can't handle some of the more powerful Android games at higher resolutions.
- If you have trouble setting up an application or game on your Windows 10 PC, try setting it up on your Android device first. Then, try to load it into BlueStacks.
Questions and Answers
Why is BlueStacks not working well on my PC?
Android is not opening. Please help me in this regard. I have tried: Many times. I think it was caused by: I don't know
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.